KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Quasar, Surfer, Thor Vs Black adam, Superman, Orion

Quasar, Surfer, Thor Vs Black adam, Superman, Orion
Started by: Capz-C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fangirl101
Superman has put together a city. I take my chances that he's far faster than ganymede. And I'm betting if he were hitting at one third the times she was, his hits would have had far more effect. Surfer only reacted to the blitz after she started in and she didn't do much damage. If he were truly fast, he would have stopped her before she landed the first blow. One doesn't have the option of doing that with superman. You let him hit you that many times and you are going to crack.
Ok,so you are basically saying he uses his speed blitz here right? Godblast then. Supes loses every single time.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok,so you are basically saying he uses his speed blitz here right? Godblast then. Supes loses every single time.

Now show Thor Godblasting one Being as fast as Superman. Right. Like I Thought.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:32 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Now show Thor Godblasting one Being as fast as Superman. Right. Like I Thought.
Did you forget they fought? Thor hit him many times. The godblast hits him soon as Thor grabs ahold of him.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Superman has put together a city. I take my chances that he's far faster than ganymede. And I'm betting if he were hitting at one third the times she was, his hits would have had far more effect. Surfer only reacted to the blitz after she started in and she didn't do much damage. If he were truly fast, he would have stopped her before she landed the first blow. One doesn't have the option of doing that with superman. You let him hit you that many times and you are going to crack.

As i thought, he has none. Also ganymede flight belt allows her to move at warp speeds. Surfer really didnt want to hit her at all so he only interrupted her blitz when he wanted. Hence he said he had had enough.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:47 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ultimatethor
As i thought, he has none. Also ganymede flight belt allows her to move at warp speeds. Surfer really didnt want to hit her at all so he only interrupted her blitz when he wanted. Hence he said he had had enough.

And your point? Superman has flown faster than warp speeds. And His hits are far harder than ganymede's. So the scan didn't do anything to impress me. Maybe if He took that many punches from Thor or Gladiator at that speed, I'd be like woa.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 01:59 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

And your point? Superman has flown faster than warp speeds. And His hits are far harder than ganymede's. So the scan didn't do anything to impress me. Maybe if He took that many punches from Thor or Gladiator at that speed, I'd be like woa.

Man i really shudnt need to explain this. Read carefully,the point of the scan was NOT to show surfers durability which is already an established fact but to show his speed in casually reacting to someone who can move at FTL.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:06 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

How in the hell is anyone using Ganymede as a gage for Surfer reacting to Superspeed? We dont' know how fast she can move. And she for sure as hell wasn't hitting anywhere near as hard As superman would. So of course he could react to her. I can react to a bee stinging me over and over alot easier than I can react to a big Dog biting me at the same rate.

What are you dense? It was posted because...
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Once again, you're assuming that because of his ability to move fast and react at super speed that he will somehow be able to react to a h2h bltz from supes....but what battle has SS ever been in that has him reacting in superspeed. You are once gain trying to link his navigation reflexes to his h2h defence...but has his travelling/navigation relfexes ever manifested in battle especially in regards to avoiding strikes from his opponent?

And we don't know how fast Supes can move in combat either, because pretty much all of his blitzes are unquantified. Supes blitzes at unquantified speeds, Surfer reacted to a blitz of unquantified speed.

Superman has put together a city. I take my chances that he's far faster than ganymede.

And Surfer's searched the surface of entire planets in seconds and chased down electrical signals. None of those are actual combat feats so none of them are accepted by the other side of the argument

And I'm betting if he were hitting at one third the times she was, his hits would have had far more effect.

Key word, betting. Hence, speculation.

Surfer only reacted to the blitz after she started in and she didn't do much damage. If he were truly fast, he would have stopped her before she landed the first blow.

The first blow was a cheap shot, and I can find numerous instances of Supes getting tagged before he starts using his speed.

One doesn't have the option of doing that with superman. You let him hit you that many times and you are going to crack.

Unlike his encounter with Ganymede, Surfer won't be trying to reason with Supes and Supes won't be able to get in a cheap shot. Thus, Surfer won't let him get in that many hits before reacting.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:12 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ultimatethor
Man i really shudnt need to explain this. Read carefully,the point of the scan was NOT to show surfers durability which is already an established fact but to show his speed in casually reacting to someone who can move at FTL.

No. She wasn't moving FTL. Her belt allows her to FLY that fast. And Surfer had time to react once she'd started in. no different than Batman tagging impulse. Just recognize the pattern.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:12 AM
Naija boy

No. She wasn't moving FTL. Her belt allows her to FLY that fast. And Surfer had time to react once she'd started in. no different than Batman tagging impulse. Just recognize the pattern.

Ayayayaya!! I never said she was moving faster than light i said she CAN move faster than light. Whatever speed she was going was unquantifiable just like supes. She was a nuisance to surfer and he stopped her when he wanted to. Hence he said he had had enough. Not to mention that she evn cheapshotted him to get in the first hit.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:18 AM
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
He reacted at super speed to tag Ganymede right here...
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?...rv308022fs5.jpg

Here when Ganymede tries to come up behind him and he grabs her staff mid swing...
http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?...rv308103np0.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?...rv308104ll0.jpg

I've shown scan after scan to support his reacting at high speeds in combat. You're just try to penalize him because he hasn't actually fought Gladiator but the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I've shown him reacting at comparable speeds to Supes quantified blitzes and I've shown him grabbing Nova(who has super speed/reflexes) and throwing him with such speed/force that Nova thought he got tagged with an energy blast. You're just being unreasonable now...

He bullrushed Nova (which I never doubted he could do since any being with supper flight speed can) and he only tagged Gany after a fury of attacks connected, obviously her attacks were nothing more then glancing blows to him which is why he was able to easily interrupt her blitz. However as far as unquantified combat speed goes:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/...nspeedfight.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?...nicspeedez8.jpg

Fighting at 4 different regions on earth in the time it takes to finish a conversation and striking so fast he is igniting sonicbooms.

quote:
It's as impressive as doing it against DD. Seriously, what major speed feats does DD have exactly?

Nothing comes to mind right now, except Gold did make a refernece to him being "faster then the flash"since he attacked and KO'ed the JL in a fairly quick fashion.

quote:
Being able to vibrate through solid matter and being able to vibrate to avoid light are two entirely different things because...

Supes HV can damage the molecular structure of opponents, and supes can modify it's intensity to reflect off surfaces as you noted.

quote:
You're right, it IS doubtful that there'll be an actual exchange due to Surfer's capacity to create both offensive defensive and force fields...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...erman/18-19.jpg

Supes has destroyed GL constructs lol, at the speed/striking power he will be hitting how long do you think these forcefields will last...and that is assuming SS will even have the time to construct them in mid fight agaisnt some of Supes speed. Now on a unrelated note, there is something I want to show

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship2.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship4.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship7.jpg

Zod constructing a machine that is shrouded in K-nite, not only does Supes have the ability to avoid its beams and even take a direct hit...he has enough power lto bullrush the K-nite shrouded machine.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:20 PM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

However as far as unquantified combat speed goes:

I recall one of Fangirl's earlier threads where Lightray and...Takion, I believe, were flying at 8x the speed of light while fighting. She and I said that they must have been fighting at 8x light speed. Everyone else disagreed. Their punches weren't shown as moving at that speed, only their bodies.

Same situation here. He's using his traveling speed while in combat. It doesn't show him attacking in such an ultra fast fashion.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:36 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

He bullrushed Nova (which I never doubted he could do since any being with supper flight speed can)

You can clearly see Surfer grab Nova by the throat in the first scan and throw him in the second scan. That's not a bullrush.

and he only tagged Gany after a fury of attacks connected, obviously her attacks were nothing more then glancing blows to him which is why he was able to easily interrupt her blitz.

The fury only connected because of the cheap shot in the first panel. And it's in no way obvious her shots were "glancing" since Surfer's shaken off hits from Wonder Man(who punches with almost as much force as a shot from Thor's hammer) and a Bannerless Hulk. He's just that damn tough.

However as far as unquantified combat speed goes:

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?...nicspeedez8.jpg

Fighting at 4 different regions on earth in the time it takes to finish a conversation and striking so fast he is igniting sonicbooms.

What issue is the first scan from?

And blast of light(such as a Legacy's blast from the Nega Bands) moves faster than sound so the second scan doesn't impress me any or in anyway suggest that Surfer couldn't react to a blitz from Supes.

Nothing comes to mind right now, except Gold did make a refernece to him being "faster then the flash"since he attacked and KO'ed the JL in a fairly quick fashion.

Booster Gold isn't a speedster and has never fought the Flash, his statement means absolutely nothing.

Supes HV can damage the molecular structure of opponents, and supes can modify it's intensity to reflect off surfaces as you noted.

It works through heat(hence the name) and as I already pointed out Surfer's all but immune to heat. In fact he took a fireblast from Korvak that was capable of destroying a planet like it was nothing. Between Surfer's insane durability, his silver coating's tendency to reflect energy, and his capacity to absorb energy, Supes's HV isn't going to be a problem.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...erman/18-19.jpg

Supes has destroyed GL constructs lol, at the speed/striking power he will be hitting how long do you think these forcefields will last...and that is assuming SS will even have the time to construct them in mid fight agaisnt some of Supes speed.

Surfer's created Force Fields that held against a blast from WM Thor with the Power Gem and repeated strikes from a Bannerless Hulk. I'm sure they can stand up to quite a few shots from Supes. And since Supes will be at point blank range and solid, he's definitely going to be vulnerable to an omnidirectional blast of red sunlight from Surfer.

And he's raised FF's IN RESPONSE to blast of energy, so yeah I think he'll have time to get one up. And even if he couldn't for some bizarre reason, his confrontation with the Hulk proved that he can erect one WHILE sustaining shots to the head.

Now on a unrelated note, there is something I want to show

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship2.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship4.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...battleship7.jpg

Zod constructing a machine that is shrouded in K-nite, not only does Supes have the ability to avoid its beams and even take a direct hit...he has enough power lto bullrush the K-nite shrouded machine.

That's a nice feat and arguably the best feat to support your case for Supes so far, but like I said before I'm not talking about one blast of k-nite I'm talking about multiple blast of k-nite. What's more, these blast of k-nite are coming from a character who's energy output is sufficient to momentarily match Thanos's(and this is while he's extremely weakened) and create blackholes. So I'm betting Surfer's blast are going to be more effective than some Supervillains "giant robot of the day".

Now then, points that still need to be addressed are...

1. Supes vulnerability to solar energy absorption(the scans didn't work and according to you he lost anyway).
2. Supes vulnerability to Red Sun radiation(still waiting on an issue number because the sun in your scan looked yellow to me).

And since we seem to be derailing a three on three thread as if it's simply a matter of Supes vs Surfer, what say you accept my Battlezone challenge from the Surfer vs Supes thread and settle it once and for all?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:30 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Enyalus
I recall one of Fangirl's earlier threads where Lightray and...Takion, I believe, were flying at 8x the speed of light while fighting. She and I said that they must have been fighting at 8x light speed. Everyone else disagreed. Their punches weren't shown as moving at that speed, only their bodies.

Same situation here. He's using his traveling speed while in combat. It doesn't show him attacking in such an ultra fast fashion.

Thumbs up man for listening to reason.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 10:29 PM
Naija boy

Originally posted by darthgoober

That's a nice feat and arguably the best feat to support your case for Supes so far, but like I said before I'm not talking about one blast of k-nite I'm talking about multiple blast of k-nite. What's more, these blast of k-nite are coming from a character who's energy output is sufficient to momentarily match Thanos's(and this is while he's extremely weakened) and create blackholes. So I'm betting Surfer's blast are going to be more effective than some Supervillains "giant robot of the day".

Also surfers Knite blasts will be coming while he is manevering extremely quickly himself.He isnt some big slow robot.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 10:33 PM
Naija boy

Surfer creating forcefields after firelords blast has been fired.( heck its just about to hit its target)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...5_flvsss1-1.jpg

Really nice shield feat. Surfer shields the drive techs of an entire population ships from that are in a different location from electro magnetic distortion in the blink of an eye. This is not neccessarilly to show speed but to show surfers skill and precision and range in creating shields( Shield of Red sun energy or Knite around superman is very possible). Heck here the shields arent even visible.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...an0016og0-1.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...an0018lv5-1.jpg

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 10:58 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Team 1 is waaay to versatile, they win.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 11:35 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote