KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avatar: The Way of Water

Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
And this looks like a watery reboot.

Looks to have some more great action, though. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

James Cameron is a great action director.

I'm hoping Cameron fixes the story problem which the first film had.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 06:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Anyone believe Jams Cameron when he says this film has to make over 2 billion to break even?

Budget + Marketing would have to add up to like a Billion.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 11:32 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

And this looks like a watery reboot.

Looks to have some more great action, though. I've said it before and I'll say it again...

James Cameron is a great action director.

Avatar was Dances with Wolves on an alien planet.

Maybe in this plot Jake tries to get back in with humanity and betrays the Na'vi. Plot twist!

I'm just happy Colonel Quaritch is back!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Budget + Marketing would have to add up to like a Billion.

It does seem far-fetched, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the research and development for the underwater motion capture?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 10:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Macklemore

Originally posted by Robtard
Avatar was Dances with Wolves on an alien planet.

Maybe in this plot Jake tries to get back in with humanity and betrays the Na'vi. Plot twist!

I'm just happy Colonel Quaritch is back!
It was Dances with Wolves mixed with Ferngully, which are both rehashed tellings of Pocahontus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBooxCkF3A

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 05:09 AM
Macklemore is currently offline Click here to Send Macklemore a Private Message Find more posts by Macklemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It does seem far-fetched, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the research and development for the underwater motion capture?

So Endgame had a budget of $400mill. Say this costs $600mill plus $400 marketing, but I don't see anywhere close to that much marketing.

I'm guessing there's like $200mill of production on Avatar 3 he's lumped in there.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 10:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm hoping Cameron fixes the story problem which the first film had.

You mean the problem about it being forgettable or something else?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 04:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean the problem about it being forgettable or something else?

Nope, It being average and too similar to Dances with Wolves.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 02:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Guys, guys... the plot is a vehicle for the visuals and action.

That's the most you get from James Cameron.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 11:05 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So Endgame had a budget of $400mill. Say this costs $600mill plus $400 marketing, but I don't see anywhere close to that much marketing.

I'm guessing there's like $200mill of production on Avatar 3 he's lumped in there.

Ah, I forgot about that. They did film 2 and 3 together?

That will actually save money in the long run if they did.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 11:06 AM
Darth Thor

Guys, guys... the plot is a vehicle for the visuals and action.

Yeah it's the visuals that were the selling point of the first one.

Yeah I think so. That's why next one is coming out 2024, but this one took like a decade.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 07:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Got my tickets for this.

The best seats were selling pretty fast, so I rushed out to get them.

Man, I had no idea when tickets were going on sale. It's annoying that it isn't advertised. I just look occasionally and happened to check Fandango this afternoon.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 12:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And the 3rd will be the final one if the 2nd one flops

so no Avatar 4,5,6.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 12:56 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some of the superhero movie fatigue going on now might actually serve Avatar2 well.

You still kind of know what you're going to get, but we haven't seen it in over a decade.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 01:27 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Got my tickets for this.

The best seats were selling pretty fast, so I rushed out to get them.

Man, I had no idea when tickets were going on sale. It's annoying that it isn't advertised. I just look occasionally and happened to check Fandango this afternoon.

sell back your tickets and watch free of charge lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
sell back your tickets and watch free of charge lol

Nah, man. I got the biggest screen available in my area. GTX or something like that.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 01:23 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah this is defo something to watch on the big screen.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 06:37 PM
Impediment
Endless

I'm going to watch this because it looks like fun, but I still don't see this as a movie that should be revered and worshiped.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2022 10:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Apparently the Avatar 4 script is the sequel that got no notes, only an impressed "Holy f#ck" from the studio. Apparently it's bonkers...

James Cameron Says 'Avatar 4' "Goes Nuts" and Studio Executive Said “Holy F*ck” After Reading Script

“I can’t tell you the details, but all I can say is that when I turned in the script for 2, the studio gave me three pages of notes. And when I turned in the script for 3, they gave me a page of notes, so I was getting better. When I turned in the script for 4, the studio executive, creative executive over the films wrote me an email that said, ‘Holy ****.’ And I said, ‘Well, where are the notes?’ And she said, ‘Those are the notes.’ Because it kind of goes nuts in a good way, right?”

Cameron also said of Avatar 4 that “you think you know what it’s about, and then, oh no, you don’t,” and that “I hope I get to make that film, is what I’m saying.”

Old Post Dec 11th, 2022 03:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Reviews have dropped on RT...

lol..

Attachment: avatarrt.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 13th, 2022 11:48 PM