KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Sentry Respect Thread

Sentry Respect Thread
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Longinus

I'd like to see Alan Moore, Frank Miller or Jeph Loeb rewrite the Sentry and retcon his origins and just build him up from scratch, the guy needs a fresh start. Hopefully Disney's acquisition of Marvel somehow has a positive effect of Sentry. Maybe Disney will feel that they need a Superman-esque character and that will return Robert to a more prominent position in Marvel among Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, etc.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 03:35 AM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Longinus
I'd like to see Alan Moore, Frank Miller or Jeph Loeb rewrite the Sentry and retcon his origins and just build him up from scratch, the guy needs a fresh start. Hopefully Disney's acquisition of Marvel somehow has a positive effect of Sentry. Maybe Disney will feel that they need a Superman-esque character and that will return Robert to a more prominent position in Marvel among Hulk, Thor, Spiderman, etc.

Jeph Loeb? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 03:41 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by batdude123
Jeph Loeb? laughing out loud

At least Sentry might live up to his hype then.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 04:19 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Sentry + Loebforce = teh powah

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 06:25 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

Neil Gaiman would be a good choice as well, someone who can sweep in and rewrite Sentry making him fit perfectly into Marvel. I wish I could purchase the charcter lol or had the idea for him before Jenkins...he has so much potential!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 07:58 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

--------Sentry vs Namor-------

Emma calls Sentry God.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Some speed feat: Sentry is able to leave earth very quickly.
(please log in to view the image)

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 01:42 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Correction, she said he is Godlike with his power. Not a God.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 04:31 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by The Nuul

"From there I can lobotomize god.."

(heh, I guess we have another GOD under LT)

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 05:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

Aha, the last bubble reads "Help me lobotomize God..." Not only did Emma refer to Robert as being Godlike but as God himself...just thought I'd add that

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 05:34 PM
Squirrel Fart

Godlike is not the same as actually being a God. He or Ares are Godlikes not Gods, Thor is an God and has the feats to back it up. One would need to have to feats to back up that big claim.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 05:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

that still doesn't change the fact she referred to him as God. And the way she said it herself, it seems not like an olympian or asgardian god but GOD. But thats just my interpretation of it. Regardless the fault lies with you...no one is mentioning feats or whatever we're simply correcting you as to what she said and it clearly reads that she refers to him being both Godlike (his power) and God (himself).

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 05:52 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

yes its set up in a way for one to infer that she obviously meant godlike in reference to other super powered beings...its the same way when absorbing man tried to absorb his powers a few years back and when he almost burned himself out, he said something to the effect of "this must be what it feels like to be god."

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 06:23 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Aha, the last bubble reads "Help me lobotomize God..." Not only did Emma refer to Robert as being Godlike but as God himself...just thought I'd add that

obviiously godlike, it just sounds better to say god as she doesn't actually think he is all power/all knowing

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 06:28 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Read it again.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 07:00 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Godlike is not the same as actually being a God. He or Ares are Godlikes not Gods, Thor is an God and has the feats to back it up. One would need to have to feats to back up that big claim.

Like willing yourself and others back from the dead? eek!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 07:20 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by jalek moye
obviiously godlike, it just sounds better to say god as she doesn't actually think he is all power/all knowing

i seriously think heroes think he is all power(obviously not all knowing)...it has been said by way to many character now

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 08:35 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

Do you really dislike Sentry so much that you all have to disect and critique every small and simple detail that shines on him in a positive light? Emma said what she said...she refers to Robert as being Godlike and God himself...theres no changing that, read for meaning... you don't eve need to do that that states it very blunt and simply

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 09:47 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Do you really dislike Sentry so much that you all have to disect and critique every small and simple detail that shines on him in a positive light? Emma said what she said...she refers to Robert as being Godlike and God himself...theres no changing that, read for meaning... you don't eve need to do that that states it very blunt and simply

ok well while she refers to him as thoght I know for a fact she doesn't think he is "God" but she may be convinced he may as well be all powerful compared to the rest of them.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 09:49 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

Well I'm just stating that in the last lines given by Emma she refers to him as God not Godlike thats all I'm saying. I understand what you are saying though meaning that Robert is so high powered in cmparison to everyone else that he may as well be God. But I know she doesn't believe (well idk) Robert is The God but considering there are gods all over marvel on Earth I don't think it'd be a stretch for Emma to believe that Robert is the God. Just thats my speculation

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 10:01 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by kgkg
Some speed feat: Sentry is able to leave earth very quickly.
(please log in to view the image)

I'm behind in buying comics so can someone shed some light here? Who is chasing Sentry? I gather that Emma got into his mind and thats supposed to be the Void?

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 11:42 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote