KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Defenders vs Black Adam

Defenders vs Black Adam
Started by: Thinkerer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Watch the film again thumb up it's the only way to be sure.
And thus my true intentions are revealed.

I can't go through that kind of torture again. I would rather say BA wins than that.

laughing

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 01:03 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
Please post the feat where he was able to statue superhumans so well that they couldn't land hits on him.

Hawkman of course. Multiple times. And Hawkman has speed feats.

But that's besides the point.
Your argument is that BA will not use speed on someone with superpowers (will not statue them). In other words, the fact that they have powers (and not significantly superspeed) makes it where BA won't statue them.

You claim character.
So are you suggesting that BA CHOSE to not statue beings that had superpowers?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Yesterday 01:14 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by h1a8

So are you suggesting that BA CHOSE to not statue beings that had superpowers?

That is what was shown so can anybody debate against that? Could he have statued everybody? He didn't. So why is that?

Either he couldn't or he was a masochist. You tell us the reason. Facts and not your assumptions.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 02:26 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by tkitna
That is what was shown so can anybody debate against that? Could he have statued everybody? He didn't. So why is that?

Either he couldn't or he was a masochist. You tell us the reason. Facts and not your assumptions.

It's a third option. Because the plot demanded he did not, for the sake of a fight.

Old Post Yesterday 02:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

It's a third option. Because the plot demanded he did not, for the sake of a fight.

That third option shouldn't be in play though unless the writer flat out answers the question because it dismisses the characters true intent and abilities (in character status) with a bunch of would've, could've, should'ves.

With the third option we could just say the Surfer had the ability to not be harmed or the need to engage any character while still having the power to possibly destroying the entire planet. We can't be sure though because he didn't do it.

There's nothing more than assumptions with the third option.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 02:58 PM
h1a8

That third option shouldn't be in play though unless the writer flat out answers the question because it dismisses the characters true intent and abilities (in character status) with a bunch of would've, could've, should'ves.

With the third option we could just say the Surfer had the ability to not be harmed or the need to engage any character while still having the power to possibly destroying the entire planet. We can't be sure though because he didn't do it.

There's nothing more than assumptions with the third option.

The first option is asinine. So we can quickly dismiss that. Having superpowers doesn't magical subtract BA power to be fast. Otherwise the writer would have made it clear to the audience (intent).

The 2nd option is wrong. He clearly didn't choose to be hit (he actually dodged the majority of Hawkman attacks with ease). And if BA chose to get hit on purpose then the writer would have clearly shown it (intent). And based off what DS said prior, if an attack hits BA and hurts him then he will simply choose to use speed over being purposely defeated.

Therefore by deduction that leaves the last option to be true. His ability to to use superspeed was ignored for the sake of the fight.
This is really common sense.You, FrothByte, and Darth are clearly bias and don't see that. Or you do but want the marvel character to win.

Last edited by h1a8 on Yesterday at 05:17 PM

Old Post Yesterday 05:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

My definition of reacting to lightning.

Yeah ok. The fact that we (the audience) could easily see the lightning as it arcs through the air shows that that lightning isn't exactly moving that fast.

It's not as impressive a feat as you think. That's like saying anybody who've reacted to Thor's lightning also has some degree of superspeed. And as much as I like Thor, it's an argument even I thought would be silly.

I'm ashamed to admit I never learned how to embed gifs or vids, and if someone can tell me then I'll post gifs.

But Surfer caught Human Torch as Torch was flying at him full speed... caught him without even looking. He's also blocked missiles shot at him.

Old Post Yesterday 05:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Yeah ok. The fact that we (the audience) could easily see the lightning as it arcs through the air shows that that lightning isn't exactly moving that fast.

It's not as impressive a feat as you think. That's like saying anybody who've reacted to Thor's lightning also has some degree of superspeed. And as much as I like Thor, it's an argument even I thought would be silly.

I'm ashamed to admit I never learned how to embed gifs or vids, and if someone can tell me then I'll post gifs.

But Surfer caught Human Torch as Torch was flying at him full speed... caught him without even looking.

So bullets that move super slow in movies (so that the audience can see them) means that the bullets are far slower and weaker than real bullets?

Surfer and Torch were moving in the same direction. It's called relative velocity. If you are moving 10000mph in one direction and another is moving 10050mph in that same direction then they are only moving 50mph relative to you. Another example, I'm moving at insane speeds around the Sun and around the milky way galaxy. So if I try to smack you and you block the attempt then do you have thousands and thousands of Mph reflexes?

Last edited by h1a8 on Yesterday at 05:37 PM

Old Post Yesterday 05:33 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So bullets that move super slow in movies (so that the audience can see them) means that the bullets are far slower and weaker than real bullets?

Only if they're shown moving super slowly while everyone else around them is moving at regular time.

Old Post Yesterday 05:34 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Only if they're shown moving super slowly while everyone else around them is moving at regular time.

Well I'll be damned. Not only are you arguing against writer's intent (the writer wants the audience to see the attack so that we know what's happening) but you just phucked up most of Thor's and Hulk's best feats.

Well the Hulk isn't bulletproof. Real aircraft bullets will go through him like tissue paper. Same with Thor.
And also, All those explosions happened far slower than real explosions (material protrude outward at speeds of faster than rifle bullets).
So Thor and Hulk can be killed by real bullets easily.

Old Post Yesterday 05:58 PM
tkitna

The 2nd option is wrong. He clearly didn't choose to be hit (he actually dodged the majority of Hawkman attacks with ease). And if BA chose to get hit on purpose then the writer would have clearly shown it (intent). And based off what DS said prior, if an attack hits BA and hurts him then he will simply choose to use speed over being purposely defeated.

The writer didn't clearly show intent and BA didn't chose to get hit (although he did by every superpowered character in the movie). He also didn't dodge the majority of Hawkmans attacks. Even when he was using speed, Hawkman was still able to tag and block him sometimes. So even his speed doesn't guarantee a win as you want.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 07:02 PM
h1a8

The writer didn't clearly show intent and BA didn't chose to get hit (although he did by every superpowered character in the movie). He also didn't dodge the majority of Hawkmans attacks. Even when he was using speed, Hawkman was still able to tag and block him sometimes. So even his speed doesn't guarantee a win as you want.

Looking at both fights, he avoided more attacks than he got hit. He evaded/blocked like 10 attacks and got hit maybe 2 times (i don't count the sucker punch where BA wasn't looking nor the time BA purposely got hit with the wood material Hawkman launched at him).

I think you need to rewatch the fight.

Its called storytelling. The writer shows the audience what he wants the audience to know. If the writer wanted BA to get hit on purpose then we would clearly see that happening. Therefore that conclusion is baseless and unfounded.

Hawkman was fast enough to block lightning. Therefore he has speed feats to support him Blocking an attack or two from BA.
Surfer has no speed reaction feats. So it's silly for you to equate him to Hawkman.

Old Post Yesterday 07:21 PM
tkitna

Looking at both fights, he avoided more attacks than he got hit. He evaded/blocked like 10 attacks and got hit maybe 2 times (i don't count the sucker punch where BA wasn't looking nor the time BA purposely got hit with the wood material Hawkman launched at him).

I think you need to rewatch the fight.

Its called storytelling. The writer shows the audience what he wants the audience to know. If the writer wanted BA to get hit on purpose then we would clearly see that happening. Therefore that conclusion is baseless and unfounded.

Hawkman was fast enough to block lightning. Therefore he has speed feats to support him Blocking an attack or two from BA.
Surfer has no speed reaction feats. So it's silly for you to equate him to Hawkman.

It is silly to equate him to Hawkman, Hawkman would be nothing to him. Its almost as silly as giving BA an automatic win just because of speed over a character that has displayed so much more power and versatility that its not even funny.

BA is a flying brick. I don't see the Surfer losing to any flying brick in any movie universe.

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 08:43 PM
tkitna

Question for you H1? Do you think BA could take out Galactus?

By Stoic

Old Post Yesterday 08:46 PM
h1a8

It is silly to equate him to Hawkman, Hawkman would be nothing to him. Its almost as silly as giving BA an automatic win just because of speed over a character that has displayed so much more power and versatility that its not even funny.

BA is a flying brick. I don't see the Surfer losing to any flying brick in any movie universe.

Hawkman is significantly stronger and more durable than Surfer by feats. He punched the shit out of BA AND send him flying blocks away through a stone building (akin to the Superman Zod fight). He tanked lightning which was shown to vaporize humans and a truck. And tanked BA strikes without any visible damage.
He reacted to lightning (which can move at 1/3 the speed of light), etc

This is not comic Surfer. We use feats to prove special attributes.
Question for you H1? Do you think BA could take out Galactus?

Well we don't know how Surfer took out Galactus (the cloud). He could have started runaway chain reaction due to some weakness in Galactus. So it's an unusable feat.

Last edited by h1a8 on Yesterday at 09:55 PM

Old Post Yesterday 09:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Here are his wings moving faster than Isis (who is human) and with lightning moving (so super fast).

(please log in to view the image)

And that's some big ass wings, too.

Still not seen ANYTHING from Surfer saying he's got the speed/durability to contend here. Does he have versatility? Sure. But it's like Bruce Lee, armed with adamantium nunchucks, a jetpack, grappling gun etc....vs a sniper bullet.

Hawkman has speed feats. Hawkman has durability feats. BA ragdolled him. Didn't kill him, because....plot demanded it.

Why is our side having to prove everything? Surfer is being given the win because....of who he is, and his place in the Fox Universe. That's it. If you treat him like another unrelated character (Silver Skier??) with none of the baggage, and it was anyone other than H1 arguing, you guys would have given BA the win pages ago.

Old Post Today 05:49 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well I'll be damned. Not only are you arguing against writer's intent (the writer wants the audience to see the attack so that we know what's happening)

You're a d*** the way you think you can make up writer's intent.

That said I'm glad the BA side has upped their argument with actual movie feats.

Still not seen ANYTHING from Surfer saying he's got the speed/durability to contend here.

He definitely moves fast. We see him fly across our solar system and planet causing natural disasters as he goes past. There's also the Human Torch chasing him scene. Then of course it's not punches BA will have to evade but energy blasts.

In terms of hurting BA, Surfer drills holes through the planet, so clearly has an abundance of power.

That should be plenty to show a high probability of Surfer tagging and hurting BA. Not sure how BA passes Surfer's intangibility though.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Today at 10:12 AM

Old Post Today 10:06 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

This is still going down the rabbit hole of people assuming BA is just going to punch surfer and that’s the end of it. I just cant see that happening. The surfer has no physical combat feats because he doesn’t need to. He feared nothing and nobody when he came to earth because there was no threat to him.

I’ll never see anyway BA can beat him.

By Stoic

Old Post Today 11:02 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You're a d*** the way you think you can make up writer's intent.

That said I'm glad the BA side has upped their argument with actual movie feats.

He definitely moves fast. We see him fly across our solar system and planet causing natural disasters as he goes past. There's also the Human Torch chasing him scene. Then of course it's not punches BA will have to evade but energy blasts.

In terms of hurting BA, Surfer drills holes through the planet, so clearly has an abundance of power.

That should be plenty to show a high probability of Surfer tagging and hurting BA. Not sure how BA passes Surfer's intangibility though.

Writer's intent can not be debated in common sense scenarios.
If a writer doesn't show or imply something then it doesn't Exist . otherwise you are making shit up(which is trolling).

Flying speed isn't combat speed. How much distance can Surfer cover during the first microsecond starting from rest? It takes time to build speed (through acceleration). BA speed is instant.

The relative velocity of Torch to Surfer was small since they were moving in the same direction. If I am going to 1000mph and you are going to 1050mph then it's equivalent to you going only 50mph perceived by me. So a human has the perception speed to grab Torch in that scene.

Drilling through dirt and land isn't an amazing feat. Humans can drill miles into the Earth. BA can wreck that material and equipment that's used drill in the Earth. And we never see how Surfer does it or how long it takes him.

And you are using double standards. Asking us to ignore BA speed in feats in favor of the times he was hit. While you are ignoring the small power output he applied to the trucks in favor of the drilling holes feat.

Old Post Today 02:47 PM
h1a8

This is still going down the rabbit hole of people assuming BA is just going to punch surfer and that’s the end of it. I just cant see that happening. The surfer has no physical combat feats because he doesn’t need to. He feared nothing and nobody when he came to earth because there was no threat to him.

I’ll never see anyway BA can beat him.

Those are the rules dude. Lack of feats mean that the character does not get the special attribute in a forum fight.

Old Post Today 02:49 PM