KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clones in The Clone Wars

Clones in The Clone Wars
Started by: Alliance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

That's a quicker and better solution.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 10:26 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Let's have a drink then.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 08:43 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Their wants and goals are to serve; why would they be beyond that?

And the events of ROTS prove they do not have a moral sense; the only thing that counts for them is obeying orders. I'm not interpreting or extrapolating; it is flat out on screen.

As said- you are wanting them to be more than they are.

When was that ever specifically stated or shown? Please, lets stop making up sh!t and start actually observing whats going on. You are basing your arguments on I N T E R P R E T A T I O N. You are:

1. Focusing on ONE specific instance.

2. Extrapolating what YOU want to see from that instance.

3. Ignoring other instances that might countradict your vapid claims.

What a great approach. No wonder you can't make points.

and "why would they be beyond that?" Please. Stop insulting yourself.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think the Kaminoans in AOTC were pretty clear about the clones.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 10:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, I think the Kaminons seem pretty self important. They'd be like Ush. The clones are their little science project, they certianly would think of them highly. Wouldn't they oversell thier product?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It all boils down to this: you credit them with characteristics no canon source confirms. So who cares if they oversell, you still want them to be more than the canon or its maker allows them to be. It's your good right, but it belongs in the EU.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 02:29 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

AS you so often damn well remind us, this IS an EU forum. So, even if you think my opinon is EU, its perfectable acceptable here. I do not think my opionion is EU, but if you're maintinaing that position, you should begin to act accordingly.

I have a brain. I can think beyond what is presented. Myabe you have problems doing this, but since all you're doing is the exact same thing I am, I see no reason to entertain your ideas.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 11:21 PM
chik4lit

There really is no movie evidence either way on this topic, so we have to turn to the EU.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 01:05 AM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No we don't. If there is a grey area in SW, this forum is it... for now. It's unclear whether the series is EU or not. But so far we have no reason to believe the clones are represented differently that in the canon movies.

And thinking beyond what is represented is fine, but I do think you have to use the represented materials as foundations for that. Not to imagine something taht totally contradicts the presented material. That's not thinking beyond, that's wanting things to be different.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 09:23 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

This is an EU forum. It's allready been stated that there are 2 classifications the movies and the EU. This isn't movies (It's a few episodes shown in a theater, and then a TV series) so therefore it must be EU, unless GL wants to be even more of a fool and creates a third classification.

besides, I'm sure this series will show clones acting on their own, but then all the movie purists in the world will start crying "Oh, but that's EU!" and nothing will ever change.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Apr 8th, 2008 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, there LFL of course. There are rumours from both the game makers of Force Unleashed and people who make the animated series that both SW spin offs are supposed to be canon. No official word from LFL, but if that's the case, it's canon. If not it's EU.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 06:10 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

no There is canon EU.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2008 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chik4lit

But in ROTS, aren't Cody and Obi-Wan joking with each other?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 01:13 AM
Click here to Send chik4lit a Private Message Find more posts by chik4lit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
no There is canon EU.

That like saying there's dry water.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 06:28 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

It's true. Lucas wrote the stories for, executive produced, and directed pick-ups and re-shoots for, both of the Ewok films from the mid-eighties: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor. Lucas has worked closely with the creators of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, and has rewrote several of the stories. Lucas also gave Genndy Tartakovsky information on specific events during the Clone Wars, which Genndy then used in part of the series. The character of Darth Bane is an original creation of Lucas'.

Originally posted by chik4lit
But in ROTS, aren't Cody and Obi-Wan joking with each other?

That is true. While he was still on the ship.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Apr 9th, 2008 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 07:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

And before Order 66.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 09:48 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

... hmm... He has a point...

Personally, I believe that the clones can think on their own, but the way they are made makes them follow orders from their superiors explicitly. That's what makes them superior to droids, they can think on their feet, but when it comes to following orders, they have little to no free will.

They have wants and goals like everyone, but their military life comes first and foremost, nothing else is as important as that.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 01:18 AM
chik4lit

Kapton JAC pretty much sums it up, in my opinion.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 05:15 AM
queeq
Chaos

Same here.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2008 06:55 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by chik4lit
Kapton JAC pretty much sums it up, in my opinion.

I do? Cool. cool

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 01:22 AM