KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Best Lightsaber Battles

Best Lightsaber Fights
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Phantom Menace 11 44.00%
Attack of the Clones 6 24.00%
A New Hope 0 0%
The Empire Strikes Back 4 16.00%
Return of the Jedi 4 16.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Lightsaber Battles
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Best Lightsaber Battles

I think the best lightsaber battle is in Attack of the Clones, Count Dooku vs Yoda. I like how Count Dooku uses the force to throw things and shooting force lightning and all Yoda do is deflect them back. It was cool to show them using force flipping.
The weakest fight I think was Darth Vader vs Obi-Wan.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 04:47 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I thought the Clones battle was amazing. I loved that Yoda fought. However, I don't think the Hope battle was weak, slower perhaps and less intense but it wasn't weak.

Nice thread though lau. happy thumb up

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

DOTF!!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 10:27 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

The Empire Strikes Back. It has more than just constant saber fight. It is also a Psychological Battle between them also. You know. " Join Me and together we can rule the Galaxy as Father and Son "

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 10:15 PM
Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I agree. That duel was definitley way more intense in that respect.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 05:56 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

My favorite lightsaber fight was in TPM. The duel between Qui-gon, Obi-wan, and Darth Maul was so intense and really fast. I mean, you could actually see sweat patches on Qui-gons clothes. It was that intense. I also love the lightsaber fight in ESB. I agree with you, Inevitable. The psychological aspect of it, I mean. The duel in ROTJ was good too. Though Yoda got to fight in AOTC, I'm a little bit disappointed with the lightsaber fight. I didn't think it was nearly as intense as TPM, and this is suppose to be a time when Jedi are at their best. I was expecting a little more. I still love the movie though.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Inevitable
Cold Inferno

I think the people at Lucas Arts went a little too overboard with The Phantom Menace and made Attack of the Clones look not as good.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 11:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Inevitable a Private Message Find more posts by The_Inevitable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

What do you mean. Yoda and Dookus fight rocks. rock rock

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 12:37 PM
Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, TPM takes it in my opinion. It was the climax of the whole film and was superbly choreographed and done. And it was SUCH an experience to watch!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 01:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'll reconsider it probably again after EpIII big grin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 06:18 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

I definatly will...After the 10 minute (+) fight between two jedi knights...that's going to be sweet. For now though, it's TPM for all the reasons posted above.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 02:20 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

Best overall lightsaber fight was in the worst movie. smile That fight is simply amazing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 04:18 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Nah, I thought the final duel between Vader and Luke was just ok wink

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 05:16 AM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colabee
Discombobulated.

I voted for ROTJ because the music is so moving and it's the final battle between father and son.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Colabee a Private Message Find more posts by Colabee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I like AOTC the best, but the Yoda/Dooku duel was too cartoony.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 11:09 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

man A New Hope wuz the best fight.....2 old ppl fighting!...man that wuz intense.....n obi-wan did 1 spin! eek!

lol jp jp

the phantom menace has to be the best so far...ep3 will be the best...but n e ways...ep2 wuz so chessy with yoda n count dooku

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:31 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

AOTC would be my vote. DOTF was very action packed, but there's just something about the whole presentation in AOTC which made it a tad bit better in my opinion, the atmosphere, the dialogue, the force lightning, the way the camera swung around Yoda when he force grabbed his lightsaber, all just made for an exciting lightsaber duel. Though obviously, I believe Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin in Episode 3 will surpass anything we've seen on SW film yet.

But again, DOTF is very hard to beat also.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on May 28th, 2004 at 02:54 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote