KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » special editions

special editions
Started by: jedi212guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

special editions

What are some things you all prefer from the original trilogy before the 1997 re-releases? What are some things that you like better of the new version?

I'll go first. I like the original song in Jabba's palace. I didn't like the new dance sequence. I enjoyed the improved graphics in ANH when they attacked the Death Star. Your thoughts?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 04:46 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I liked the scene's on Hoth with Luke in the cave as well as the celebration scene's at the end of ROTJ.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 12:04 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think either ESB or ROTJ needed any additions. Although the Bespin exterior shots are great they didn't add much to the film. And the rancor is as ugly as ever.

I think ANH is the only one that really needed it and it looks great now.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 02:17 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I liked the original ending of ROTJ better than the special edition. Se ending of ROTJ is kind of inspired of the happenings in the former east block countries.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 04:14 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

I liked the new bespin bits. Especially just little touches like adding a window when they were walking along the hallway so you could see the hustle and bustle outside. Just little touches like that really make it impressive!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth V

I really like the new ending in ROTJ. I just hate the new celebration song. The old Ewok celebration song were great!
I also love the new scene in ROTJ with the Banthas walking in the dessert. Sounds weird, but I think it's one of the coolest things added to the film.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 10:52 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I like the added graphics on Bespin, but I hated it when they changed Darth Vader's line, "Bring me my shuttle!" I thought it showed his frustration at Luke's escape. I hated, "Inform my SD to prepare for my arrival." There was no need for that!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 04:59 AM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed 212, the other line was much better. As if they WOULDN'T inform the SD if Vader was on his way.

And the Bantha's WERE great, but just eyecandy.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I liked it better in ESB when Luke DIDN'T scream. It made it sound like his silence was resignation to his fate. I just think that it didn't fit with him letting go of the pole.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 12:55 AM
Zareil

no, no, I quite enjoyed the scream. Oh and I agree the ending of ROJ was better but the old song would have been better to go over it. The question is what else could have been added...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 02:46 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I agree. The old song was much better.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2001 07:51 PM