KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The truth behind Jedi vanishing at death!

The truth behind Jedi vanishing at death!
Started by: Darth Heinous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Wasi it scientfic, Merc? I thought it was all pseudo-gibberish, like all of Star Wars.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Star Wars, Gibberish? Go wash your mouth out sir!

Sorry queeq, I think that whole checking the blood thing has kinda made it a done deal for the Star wars universe now.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes it was. Very good, Ush. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:03 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Seems to be a quiet posting time right now, so I;ve been reading through the extensive back catalogue of topics... strange names, familair names... Gundark's second post, amusingly enough...

Anyhow, I was breezing through the EP I topics "Balance of the Force" and "Force Bombshell", most of which we have tied up more recently.

However, someone (can't be bothered to go and check, though Darth Daft and the late lamented Merc were posting a lot) mentioned that GL had actually said that disappearing into the FOrce was trick that 'some Jedi had and some didn't" Is this a genuine quote or just nonsense? If genuine, it puts nearly allofmy conclusions into doubt.

If it is just a spread out trick, then almost ineivtably many Jedi HAVE used it before, and so Anakin/Vader HAVE heard ofit. This makes Obi-Wan's line aabout "More powerful than you" etc. etc. seem very weird. I can only assume that Anaklin scoffed at the after-life idea, for no readily apparent reason.

Someone tell me the poster was wrong!

Note: I'm having real troubleposting this. I assume the servers are in difficulty again, hence the 'quiet time'

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't know, Ush. I can't remember him saying anything about it, except for saying that the disappearing things and the burning will be explained in Ep2 and 3. I still believe the burning is an atonement through fire, others learn it by learning all the ways of the Force during their physical life.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 05:56 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

I know you may not at this juncture be keen on the expanded galaxy, but in the Book Truce on Bakura Luke who was seen ith his body again in a Bacta tank as his bones were calcified by the electric attack by the emperor, saw Ob1 who said that it was his last time he would see him as whilst he learnt the trick the couldn't hold out forver before returning to the force. Perhaps Qui Gonn just wants to return to the force a little earlier than Yoda and the gang or perhaps he prefers cremation to burying his clothes

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 06:45 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Truce at Bakura was a fair enough book, but it has as much authority as the Noddy books. Putting in the Obi-Wan ghost form was damn rsiky, because the nature iof that was very likely to be buggered around with in future films, rendering the book totally wrong.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 01:42 AM
Zareil

Surely though your argument is based on the mentality that regardless of what GL does he will always maintain a long term decision as to what he aims to do. I believe that its all better of looking to the here and now of the continuity created as opposed to an ideal image that will equally rapidly change anyway. Both may change, but at the same time it is poosibel to see them being incorporated into the same reality. For instance maybe Splinter in the Minds eye did happen, just now they have been declared brother and sister, they do not like to talk about it. Either that or maybe it could be seen as a parallel turn of reality. Why not have patience and look to the potential that lies therein as oposed to jut dismissing things easily. Think carefully about how the Council in Episode one were easy to take a stance that it wasn't the Syth until proven. Things should be considered careully not just outright rejected.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 04:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Joining this argument over halfway through is not helping you any. You should take a bertter look at my viewpoint.

I do NOT reject EU. It is perfectly valid in its own right. But it is simply FACTUAL that they have NO authority over Star Wars continuity. Absolutely none. Zero. As I have said befroe, iif the facts were different, I would argue differently. But this is simply how it is.

So any conversation in hwich we are trying to establish hard facts about the Star Wars universemust ignore EU- it has no relevance.

That's not to say it is automatically wrong. Of course plenty of the events there could have happened (though Splinter is RIGHT out, even in the book canon- it is totally wrong). But when it comes to discussing film facts, they mean nothing.

I do not dismiss easily, and I have plenty of patience. A bit of courtesy from your side would be helpful.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 01:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

Agree with Ush I do. Again.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somone suggested the idea of EU as a 'parallel universe' before... but it didn't seem to take with the EU fans. Fair enough.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

Be it as it may, EU is not canon and does NOT necessaril bear relevance to the movies. Boba Fett is going to be one of the examples in the next episode.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And again, GL could have saved himself some trouble with a bit of foresight there, by putting Fett on the banned list for authors...

Mind you, easy to criticise in hindsight.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:27 AM
queeq
Chaos

True. After all, he didn't consider making another SW until.... 1993.... Hmmm, he could have stopped some EU novels.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:32 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And you mentioned Truce at Bakura and everything... now I kill you, Zareil!

Ok, time to come clean. I have made a complete prat of myself. Zareil is a friend of mine, who has come on board at my beckoning, and used a handle I wasn't aware of. And he knows EXACTLY my opinions on EU, and he was just winding me up... ok, nice one, buddy. You made me look like a right prannock... about as much as I deserved, I guess.

Zareil is my resident EU expert- I want to know anything EU, he is the man to ask. He is as serious and committed a Star Wars freak as any of us, and he'll have a lot to bring to this forum, that I will inevitably call irrelevant etc.

Anyhow. Get posting on the II+III forum- honestly, repetition is sort of inevitable there, and there are always new opinions tio express even on old subjects. Heck, I regurgitated an acnient post on sabre fighting at one point, and it is still getting posts now.

And then come down to Jabba's Tavern in the General forum, and have a drink. Tell queeq I sent you.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 08:00 PM
Zareil

Thanks my friend, I thought I'd come on board with something Different. The title is derived from a book of angels and he was one of the apocalyptic rage angels. Anyway I sorry if I have shown you disrespect. You know I always actually support your position on these things after all if Splinter of the Minds eye had actually happened that would hav been disgusting. uggh

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:19 AM
queeq
Chaos

Zareil sounds like a nice guy to me. Hope you're here to stay.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:28 AM
Zareil

Thanks I appreciate the sentiment and hopeI can catch up with you in the bar sometime. I'm sure that you may have noticed I sometimes like to raise contentious points or question certain elements of the bouneries of peoples beliefs about the Star Wars Universe but I asure you that I never question others reason for such beliefs. I hope to make a few friends and allies and I assure you I'm not gonna drop dead again yet!! Oh and as to that you're gonna have to ask Ush...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 06:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

I didn't really get that, but you're still welcome in the Tavern. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll say it again... you;ll get used to him

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:50 AM