KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

The Clone Wars - reviews

If you've seen the new Clone Wars movie, please let us know how you feel about it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 08:36 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

This movie is just plain awesome.

Its basically 1 1/2 hours of non stop action. Put all of the PT together, take out the crappy romance stuff, shit characters like Jar Jar, dumb ass acting/forced dialogue, empty plot points and you've got Clone Wars. The story is just simple, straightforward, no bullshit. The characters are pretty cool (Ahsoka uses Starkiller's (aka Vader's Apprentice) saber style, its sweet to see it onscreen, Rex using double pistols a la Jango is also cool) and the action blends space battles, ground assaults and lightsaber battles together.

I only found minor - VERY minor - things that made me think 'hmmm...' such as Ahsoka - who is a youngling literally JUST turned padawan - going one on one with Ventress briefly, and at some points when the action starts getting momentum the music turns into this....hard rock/metal type of mood setting, cant even really hear it over the sound effects.....could have just been my imagination but thats what I remember, didnt fit the Star Wars style. From wikipedia, Kevin Kiner does the music which could explain why its a bit different. Earlier posts I made about 'Stinky the Hutt', well after watching it I really dont mind the name.

The movie is not as deep, or philosophical or emotional as the movies - which is not a criticism - its just a fun hour and a half blast through Star Wars. If this is a look at whats in store, the Clone Wars is bound to be a damn good series. Definitely see it in cinema if you get the chance.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:17 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

I heard that Anakin is barely in it cause, "There's no more story to tell." Is that true or does Anakin have a descent role in this?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I heard that Anakin is barely in it cause, "There's no more story to tell." Is that true or does Anakin have a descent role in this?

Most of the movie is with Anakin. I think you mean the live action series that comes out next year.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 02:02 AM
Darth Subjekt

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/arti...ahooNewscrawler

tell me which show you think this is. The LA show is the purges, right? And this article was done on August 6th, I believe.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I think they're talking about major plot storylines and stuff, Anakin isnt relevant in terms of the overall story arc but he's still featured in episodes as a major character. It would be retarded if he wasnt in it, since Ahsoka is his padawan now.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:28 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

How is that cannon, b/c in the ROTS Anakin is all emo'd out due to his lack of being a master. He can't have a padawan yet if he isn't a master.
[/franticsearchforreasoninanunendinguniverse]

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Originally posted by Jbill311
How is that cannon, b/c in the ROTS Anakin is all emo'd out due to his lack of being a master. He can't have a padawan yet if he isn't a master.
[/franticsearchforreasoninanunendinguniverse]
Really? Then how did OB1 have Anakin as a Padawan at the end of TPM when he was only just made a knight?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 04:24 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Somehow I didn't liked it that much

the action it's awesome, no doubt about it, the movie doesn't waste time and starts with a bang, and it pretty much goes that way throughout the whole movie.

sadly it is based on the PT and it doesn't have much room to branch out since it is clearly a contain time-frame, that won't have that much impact (if any) on the overall story, but it's full of action so at least in that way, it doesn't disappoint.

I really like the character of Ahsoka, it's just that since we know what happens, her character becomes irrelevant (in the overall story, not the movie). She really works great with Anakin and I saw parallels between their relationship and that of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Though it was really annoying when she calls him "Skyguy".
I didn't mind her going up against Ventress, but I found it far-fetched that she will take out 3 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Grievous' (or Dooku's) Bodyguardsby herself with "Stinky" on the back.

what bother me though was Ziro the Hutt: WTF? he/she?

The Clones are great in this movie, Rex it's an excellent character, and that's something I really liked about this movie (and something that's really good about the entire show) it's that they manage to give and show sympathetic and totally different personalities to the clones (specially commanders and captains) it gives them more depth and makes their turn on the Jedi all the more tragic. And god they take quite a beating here, I think there's more hurt, dead clones in this movie than on the PT (I mean actually shown)
I really like the inclusion of other non-clones (British) commanders and captains, it helps smooth the transition between the clones and the non-clones troppers of the OT

It works great like a pilot, but as movie, it clearly works like a cash-in attempt... though it still makes for an entertaining 1 1/2 hours

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 04:33 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Really? Then how did OB1 have Anakin as a Padawan at the end of TPM when he was only just made a knight?

*shifty eyes and sneaks away*

I haven't seen TPM in forever, but that's no excuse. I'm wrong- nevermind.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

For over 25 years Star Wars has captivated the mind and enchanted the soul... before the dark times... before the Clone Wars.

Ok, maybe that was alittle over the top.

the first half of the movie was great, I really felt like I was watching Star Wars... but in the second half it just... died.

I'll continue tomorrow... I need time to think.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Aug 15th, 2008 at 06:59 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That was the point. OB1 gets made a knight and by the Council's approval becomes a master as well by having Anakin as his padawan. If you listen to Yoda's talk to Ob1 at the end op TPM you'll see it has two parts: one where Yoda tells him he's a knight and that he sees great problems with Anakin in the future. The second bit is that the Council sees OB1 fit to train Anakin (thus promoting him to master as well) despite Yoda's disagreement.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's not the impression I got; it was simply that he was a Knight with a Padawan, which has become quite an accepted concept.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi-Wan I'm pretty sure is also a Knight in AotC, so... meh. Wouldn't be the first time werd stuff happens though. Ki-Adi-Mundi was only a knight when he was put on the council.

As for my review of the movie, there isn't really anything I can say that hasn't been said already. I thought the movie was awesome (Liked it better then AotC and maybe RotJ), even with the rock/metal music in the background at one point. I liked Anakin's personality in this movie more then the other three, and I found Asouka to be adorable, which really sucks because it's inevitable that she is either going to die during the clone wars, live long enough to be killed by Vader or the 501st, or escape and be in hiding forever. So... with that knowledge in mind it's hard to get attached to any of the new characters.

I thought it was a great how Obi-Wan [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stomped all over Ventress' in their fight, talking shit the whole time and even fighting without his lighsaber, lol.

*shrug* As far as Star Wars goes I'd it a 5/5. As far as actual movies go... eh. 2-3/5. As far as a cartoon aimed at children. no expression A 4/5

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

"What a piece of junk."

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Obi-Wan I'm pretty sure is also a Knight in AotC, so... meh. Wouldn't be the first time werd stuff happens though. Ki-Adi-Mundi was only a knight when he was put on the council.

As for my review of the movie, there isn't really anything I can say that hasn't been said already. I thought the movie was awesome (Liked it better then AotC and maybe RotJ), even with the rock/metal music in the background at one point. I liked Anakin's personality in this movie more then the other three, and I found Asouka to be adorable, which really sucks because it's inevitable that she is either going to die during the clone wars, live long enough to be killed by Vader or the 501st, or escape and be in hiding forever. So... with that knowledge in mind it's hard to get attached to any of the new characters.

I thought it was a great how Obi-Wan [SPOILER - highlight to read]: stomped all over Ventress' in their fight, talking shit the whole time and even fighting without his lighsaber, lol.

*shrug* As far as Star Wars goes I'd it a 5/5. As far as actual movies go... eh. 2-3/5. As far as a cartoon aimed at children. no expression A 4/5

thumb up 100% agreed

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 05:14 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember afterwards thinking, "I waited two years for this?"

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

NAC! eek!

Good to see you on the forum again.

It was a huge dissapointment. no I really hope the actual series is beter.

What is worse is that the first half was great but the end was just so bad. I mean I would love to watch the beginning again, but the end just killed it.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's not the impression I got; it was simply that he was a Knight with a Padawan, which has become quite an accepted concept.

I had to listen to Yoda's speech a few times before I got what he was on about. It's not really clear what a MAster is... I'd say it's someone with a certain status that also allows one to train padawans... But hey, what do I know.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:17 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, I was there. And by there, I mean right next to you.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:18 PM