KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was all explained in the new visual guide, in order to become a master someone must train a padawan to knighthood.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

I heard it got really crap reviews all around. Seriously, how did that happen? (I didn't watch it, yet, but you guys give it good reviews...)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Difference btw your avg critic and hardcore fans.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
I heard it got really crap reviews all around. Seriously, how did that happen? (I didn't watch it, yet, but you guys give it good reviews...)

You'd have to either:

A) Be a hardcore Star Wars fan.

Or

B) Be under 12 years old,

to really enjoy the movie, methinks. 40-year old college professors, smart ass under 30 movie critics, and the old white men that dictate what earns an oscar and what doesn't, probably would not enjoy this movie.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Nactous
It was all explained in the new visual guide, in order to become a master someone must train a padawan to knighthood.

But OB1 was a master before Anakin became a knight.... or not?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:44 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Ki-Adi-Mundi was only a knight when he was put on the council.

Anakin: "What kind of nonsense is this? Put me on the council and not make me a Master. Its insulting, its never been done in the history of the Jedi Order."

After his mission to Tatooine, Ki-Adi-Mundi learned that his wife Shea was with child and that he was nominated for a permanent Jedi Council seat as a result of Micah Giiett's death.[4] Ki-Adi-Mundi was soon officially granted the rank of Jedi Master, even without having successfully trained an apprentice.[10] Ki-Adi-Mundi was overwhelmed by the act of the Council and with modesty he continued to consider himself a "mere" Jedi Knight.[5] This changed when he later trained his own Padawan, completing his own requirements for assuming the title of Master.

[4] 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars Republic: Prelude to Rebellion
[5] 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars Republic: Outlander
[10] Star Wars Databank

This also shows that you have to successfully train a padawan to become a master.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Guide to The phantom menace, or whatever, it''s laying around here somewhere, said that he was an official knight when he was on the council, maybe not for long, but he was.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sourced from inaccurate EU materiial- ignore that. ROTS makes it very clear that only Masters have ever been on the Council before.

-

Seen the film! Thought it was very good; it had some very snazzy action ideas. In the end it was just a string of action scenes and as it was lacking many new characters you are stuck with the problem that you cannot really kill anyone (like the end of ROTS- four people ligthsabre fighting, and you know that NONE of them die) it didn't really have an edge in tension but still, very happy.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
You'd have to either:

A) Be a hardcore Star Wars fan.

Or

B) Be under 12 years old,

to really enjoy the movie, methinks. 40-year old college professors, smart ass under 30 movie critics, and the old white men that dictate what earns an oscar and what doesn't, probably would not enjoy this movie.

Yeah. Though, let's be honest- George Lucas never made a movie for the critics. Meh... I'm probably gonna watch it. But seeing as I'm not an uber hardcore SW fan, and I'm over 12 years old, I have a bad feeling about this.

Oh, and is the music as bad as everyone says? People say it sucks hard.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sourced from inaccurate EU materiial- ignore that. ROTS makes it very clear that only Masters have ever been on the Council before.

Just face it the Star Wars story is full of contridictions, even if you look at it in the narrow view of the only the movies matter mind set.

On topic of Clone wars reviews:
The only thing worse than the last half of the Clone Wars movie was the collective works of Timothy Zahn.

on a positive note: Captain Rex is AWESOME! (Not talking about the moderator, though he's pretty cool too.)

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Aug 16th, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Just face it the Star Wars story is full of contridictions, even if you look at it in the narrow view of the only the movies matter mind set.

On topic of Clone wars reviews:
The only thing worse than the last half of the Clone Wars movie was the collective works of Timothy Zahn.

on a positive note: Captain Rex is AWESOME! (Not talking about the moderator, though he's pretty cool too.)

Timothy Zahn is the BEST EU writer. no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:43 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

HA HA HA HE HE HE HO HO HO HO HA. And I thought MY jokes were bad.

but in case you are actually serious...

"Planet teardrop?"
"Luuke?"
"A giant smurf named Grand Admaral THRAWN."

yea... great stuff.

Oh did I mention the guy's a pompus Jerk too?

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Aug 16th, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

"OOH! I got an Idea. Let's clone a crappy Jedi General." - Timothy Zahn
and
"OMG! We should clone luke and make it a bad guy. We will call it Luuke" - Timothy Zahn.
"but Timothy Zahn, that's the same name." - Random guy
"no, no, no. It has 2 U's. IT's BRILIANT!" - Timothy Zahn.
and
"Hey, I got it. I'm gonna create a character, he will look like a smurf and his name will rhyme with thrawn. Then, I will bring him back from the dead innumerable times! IT'S BRILLIANT!" - Timothy Zahn

yea... great stuff.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 01:03 AM
LanceWindu

"OOH! I got an Idea. Let's clone a crappy Jedi General." - Timothy Zahn
and
"OMG! We should clone luke and make it a bad guy. We will call it Luuke" - Timothy Zahn.
"but Timothy Zahn, that's the same name." - Random guy
"no, no, no. It has 2 U's. IT's BRILIANT!" - Timothy Zahn.
and
"Hey, I got it. I'm gonna create a character, he will look like a smurf and his name will rhyme with thrawn. Then, I will bring him back from the dead innumerable times! IT'S BRILLIANT!" - Timothy Zahn

yea... great stuff.

I will admit that some things of his are tacky, but there is much worse in the Star Wars universe.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 01:41 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Yea, but what was tacky about it were the words he used and the way he put them together.

Timothy Zahn is the blight of the Star Wars Universe.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 01:48 AM
LanceWindu

Yea, but what was tacky about it were the words he used and the way he put them together.

Timothy Zahn is the blight of the Star Wars Universe.

Then who, pray you, is the best writer in the Star Wars universe?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 02:22 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably Karen Traviss. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or even worse that douche that wrote Boba Fett at the age of eight stalemating RotS Mace Windu. no expression

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 02:30 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Haven't seen this yet, don't plan on wasting my money going to the theaters for it. To me it looks pretty bad; poor CGI, not enough of the actual voice actors, simple/irrelevant (when talking in terms of the saga's overall story) plot, etc.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, this REALLY seems to me like just a milking of the Star Wars franchise. George Lucas pretty much approves anything and he knows that people will go to see anything that has "Star Wars" in the title. I've been a huge Star Wars fan my whole life and this just seems like a waste to me. That said, I'm sure I'll see it someday, when it's out on DVD and maybe I can stifle my ill feelings for it and enjoy the action sequences. Probably not though, we'll see.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 03:19 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

You should watch a couple segments to see if you like it:

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 03:41 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

What the hell happened to Obi Wan Kenobi's accent?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote