KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Mace Windu

Mace Windu
Started by: EwokTurd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOasis
Better Man

Sorry UBH, but I am a little confused. But I was under the impression that JP3 is a prequel(sound familiar?) of the Lost World. You say that the 3rd movie is based on the 2nd book. But the 2nd book had Ian Malcom and not Alan Grant, but JP3 has no Malcom and Dr Grant and involves a plane crash. Have you heard otherwise? I am just curious, cause I loved the first 2 JP's and am looking for any info and the next movie

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 24th, 2001 11:14 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

JP3

JediOasis, the plot of JP3 does indeed involve a plane crash and centres on the rescue mission lead by Dr Grant. All the old favourite are slated to return: T-rex, Raptors etc. With the new main creature being a spinosaurus, whatever the heck one of those is. (According to report's a LOT bigger than a T-rex.) Unfortunately John Williams will not be returning to do the score as he is too darn busy (Star Wars: Episode II, Minority Report and A.I. in the next year alone!) And yes, it is indeed set between Jurassic Park and The Lost World.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Gehenna

Re: JP3

No no no, it takes place after Lost World, I remember reading that somewhere. The Spinosaurus is a dinosaur that is bipedal, has the body similar to a Velociraptor with a head resembeling that of a Crocodile. It was found in Egypt and was believed to have fed primarily on fish. It has a sail on its back (which would make it bigger than the Tyrannosaur I suppose) that I guess would be used for mating rituals, like pumping blood into it to put color into it. I would watch The Lost World again before watching Jurassic Park again.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2001 10:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Heinous

Mace Windu sucks! He sucks!

Mace Windu sucks! He sucks! Why? It's because he's extremely overated. Just because he's on the stupid Jedi council doesn't make him great. (The same thing goes for the stupid banana head Ki-Adi-Mundi!) He kept looking at Yoda for approval. That proves Mace is unsure of himself. He's no senior Jedi Master. He's the victim of Darth Tyranus. I hope Darth Tyranus cuts both of Mace's arms off, then his legs,then taunts him before spitting on his face, then finally decapitates him.

"You didn't say the magic word. Uh-uh-uh."

"PLEASE!!!!"

"Too late Jedi scum!"

Old Post Jan 28th, 2001 11:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Re: Mace Windu sucks! He sucks!

I think Mace Windu will be the best Jedi we've seen, except for Luke, and will not be killed by Tyranus, but eventually by Vader so that Yoda can save himself in order to train the twins. With Yoda says in ESB "if you honor what they fight for, then yes." Windu will tell Yoda to go into hiding for the good of the Jedi. Then when Vader confronts Windu he'll ask what happened to Yoda and Mace will tell him he died and he is so good at controlling his feelings that Vader will believe him. I can't wait for Mace's big moments in the next 2 films, its gonna be great.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 29th, 2001 03:53 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Heinous

Re: Mace Windu sucks! He sucks!

I hope Darth Sidious SLOWLY electrocutes Mace Windu with Force Lightning or Darth Vader slashes hims into hamburg!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 02:05 AM
Zareil

Sorry returning to the point and also to an earlier comment, the fact that Samuel Jackson is a good actor is a good fact but more interesting is the fact that this was the manner in which he portrayed the character. Obviously not every member of the council will act exactly the same and it is clear that this is just the apparent personality given to him. After all as already noted Samuel L Jackson is a talented actor and as such wasn't just stuck in repeating the same performance with just a different name.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 07:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm actually quite surpirsed at some of this anti-Windu sentiment... actually I'm surprised there's any Windu sentiment at all. He hasn't even been named on film yet. What is it with minor (so far) Star Wars characters that gets them such a following? I mean, look at Aurra Sing, or whatever her name is?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Yeah but she looks good with that antennae doo da

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:28 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

And everybody's favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett, what did he actually do in the films? He followed Han, but let the Empire capture him. He couldn't even kill Luke when Luke's hands were tied, and then he was killed a blind man. What is so great about him?

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:36 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, Boba Fett fans tend to burn copies of ROTJ...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Fett escaped the sarlacc pit in one of the books. I know thats EU but I've decided to believe what I like from EU....so Fett is alive and I'm disregarding Chewie's death as a typo.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 07:27 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nice one.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:31 AM
Zareil

YEah but Boba Fetts retur is Dark Empire and as such are you therefore accepting the return of the emperor. As for Chewie it is set 25 years after ROJ an he is 200 odd at the time so isn't it alright to see some of them pass away. Although I could never see him becoming a blue shimmery thang. Oh as for Mace he's alright you don't see or hear that much about him yet so why not be patient.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 06:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Great, now youve gone and mentioned the return of the Emperor and put me off the EU again...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 02:21 AM
Zareil

what, what? Look what I was commenting on is how can you accept one bit without the rest of the parts of the same story, that would be constructing your own version of reality...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:30 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it wasn't MY idea. I was just glad he was ahppy.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:39 AM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe we should ask Raz to make a EU forum. For Zareil only, that way Ush can be safe. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:42 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

He will never be safe from me, I shall track him to the ends of the Universe if I have too. Besides I know where he lives...
Anyway what fun would it be if I trained in there alone. There is only so long that I can live by my own witicisms, particularly if they like much else is curtailed to myself an for my own enjoyment...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 03:14 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I thought I was meant to be the insular one...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 28th, 2001 03:35 AM