KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!

CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

2 hours and my screening starts

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 04:46 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I have to wait another week... sad

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 10:21 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I have to wait another week... sad

Is that the time the tv will start broadcasting the series?
I'm probably not going to see it at all in the movies... not so keen about the looks plus it will all be on the tv soon anyway.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's in the cinema, dude.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

I've read different things from different sites, but does the movie count as the first 2 episodes of the series, so when it airs we'll see it again as Episode #1 and Episode #2, or is the movie a separate entry so it goes Movie then Episode #1, then Episode #2?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 03:01 PM
queeq
Chaos

Sounds more like a pilot epsiode to me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:09 AM
Lara
Belladonna

WOOOOOP!!!! its out to day over here! either going to see it tonight or tomo WOOOP WOOOP!!!!

and its not ment to replace ep's 1 or 2 its a sub plot based BETWEEN ep's 1 and 2.

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Between Ep2 and 3, dear.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 12:33 PM
Hazardous

Originally posted by Lara
WOOOOOP!!!! its out to day over here! either going to see it tonight or tomo WOOOP WOOOP!!!!

and its not ment to replace ep's 1 or 2 its a sub plot based BETWEEN ep's 1 and 2.

...Im not talking about Episode #1 as in TPM, Im talking about the tv series episode number.

Read on wookiepedia its a standalone film, and the series starts off with a new first episode. Which is sweet cause we'll probably get the DVD by the end of the year hopefully.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 01:19 PM
queeq
Chaos

As I said, it's kind of a pilot.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:17 PM
Static_Pulse
Hobo-King

I've seen it and I'm sorry but it was TERRIBLE

They had to save Jabba's baby I mean WTF mate

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Static_Pulse a Private Message Find more posts by Static_Pulse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Terrible? How so? Please post your review in the review thread.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 08:34 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Outbound
...Im not talking about Episode #1 as in TPM, Im talking about the tv series episode number.

Read on wookiepedia its a standalone film, and the series starts off with a new first episode. Which is sweet cause we'll probably get the DVD by the end of the year hopefully.

I think I read somewhere it was the first 2 or 3 episodes together (it's long enough for 3 to almost 4 episodes actually), but the way it's been edited, makes me think it's meant to be a standalone movie, a really big pilot for the tv show. If you consider what happens in the movie, there are 3 settings that each could make for and episode (introduction of Ahsoka and the fight in ¿Christopolis? or something like that, the rescue of Jabba's son, and delivery to Tatooine) but the length makes it like it was filled with extended scenes to brigde each episode... and I also heard the first episode it's center around Yoda...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 01:15 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Static_Pulse
I've seen it and I'm sorry but it was TERRIBLE

They had to save Jabba's baby I mean WTF mate

I don't know if "terrible" is the best word for it. It certainly wasn't terrible in my opinion. Was it as good as the OT and PT, not really, but it is what it is. It's an animated adventure, and you can't expect any more than that really.

The movie is a mixed bag. It has it's goods, and bads, but if you have enough midichilorians inside of you, then the force is strong enough for you to actually enjoy this movie. I know that I liked it.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 06:22 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Worse than the PT???? *shudder*

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 11:50 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well, as much as I think everyone says they loath the PT, I don't think they're as bad as alot of people make them out to be. At least one of the PT movies was better than one of the OT ones.

But to be honest, it's all how you approach the Clone Wars that will determine whether you like it or not. If you approach the movie realizing that it's an animated adventure, aimed at a yonger audience, you'll be just fine and you can enjoy it. Myself, I don't mind kid movies for the most part. I think there's a place in all of our hearts that desires to be a kid again, and sometimes these movies can bring us back to our childhood again, which is what I love about.

If however, someone approaches this movie looking for something epic and on par with the other 6 movies, they'll be vastly dissapointed. As it is, this movie was never meant to be a movie. And while it wasn't as good as the PT or OT, the fact that it's an animated movie means there's alot you can forgive. But that's my honest opinion.

So, if one didn't like the PT because they thought they were kiddie movies, after seeing this one you'll put EP 1-3 on a golden pedistal and realize that George Lucas did a much better job at this than Dave Filoni.
But, as I've said, if you can bring out that kid inside of you and just try to let loose and have fun, you can like this movie.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Aug 17th, 2008 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

kris read all the newspaper reviews and has now said we're seeing it as the reviews were so bad! sad I shall just have to make him suffer ep's 1 again evil face

blessed be x

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 18th, 2008 07:42 PM
Lara
Belladonna

sorry I missed out the "not" bit my bad, but we arnt seeing it and i dont get anyother time to go see

blessed be x

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 01:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Shall I take ya?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 08:51 PM