KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Oh come on... everyone likes aggressive negotiations.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I really enjoyed this movie. The battle droids made me laugh to the point my ribs started to hurt. "Open fire in sector 4173421!" "Fire in...sector 4...1...7..." "Just shoot right there!!"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 04:05 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Yea, that's the kind of stuff that I DON'T like, but this was geared towards kids, so i can't complain too much. But if they do that in the live action series, I'm gonna be pissed.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2008 08:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That particular bit with the numbers might have been overdoing it a tad actually, but in general I've always enjoyed the slightly wacky nature of the battle droids- Star Wars has never been hardcore 100% angst death doom material, and that kind of slight oddball streak is part of the whole deal.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Who programmed that into them?

Anyway, 3PO had that too.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:01 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Not to that extent though.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 09:34 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah... Droid's accidentally falling off cliffs and stuff is... strange.

And did anyone catch the bit where one of them yelled "Oh gooodd" before it died?

Never actually heard the word god in Star Wars before.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A droid???

Well, first review in Holland is out: tehy are not amused. They found te storyline messy (as usual, they added, comparing it to the PT) and the action boring after a while. Nice for 9-years olds they said, and perhap hardcore SW fans.

I especially loved this line: "Clone Wars is about Obi-Wan Kenobi and the ever grumpy Anakin Skywalker who try to make a deal with jabba the Hutt..."

The ever grumpy Anakin.... my feelings exactly! laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 08:19 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
A droid???

Well, first review in Holland is out: tehy are not amused. They found te storyline messy (as usual, they added, comparing it to the PT) and the action boring after a while. Nice for 9-years olds they said, and perhap hardcore SW fans.

I especially loved this line: "Clone Wars is about Obi-Wan Kenobi and the ever grumpy Anakin Skywalker who try to make a deal with jabba the Hutt..."

The ever grumpy Anakin.... my feelings exactly! laughing out loud

I think they just stole that review and used it overhere too

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Then again, it's not quite an unavoidable characteristic.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 11:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This guy agrees:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...wars-episode-ii

(check out some of his other ones too...)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 12:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Wonder if Sidious will use his saber in the cartoon or whether he only does it in the movie. I hope Quinlan Vos is in it

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 12:46 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Ushgarak
This guy agrees:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...wars-episode-ii

(check out some of his other ones too...)

laughing

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 01:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

His Episode III one is good as well.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2008 01:34 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by queeq
A droid???

Well, first review in Holland is out: tehy are not amused. They found te storyline messy (as usual, they added, comparing it to the PT)

If anyone is comparing this movie to the PT, that's just sad.... sad

This movie was never meant to be a movie, and really shouldn't be considered the 7th Star Wars installment or compared to the PT or OT and garbage like that. It furthermore was just an intro to something larger, a preview to a series, rather than a movie.

That's what I hate the most about film critics these days. They haven't the slightest clue as to what they are talking about.

The only thing I can really suggest is to see it yourself. There's nothing like drawing your own conclusions. But I can guarantee you, if someone walks into the theater ready to compare this movie against the others, than they're in for a dissapointment. But if you look at it as a stand alone preview to an upcoming series, there's room for appreciation.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

****ing loved this tbh. After reading several scathing reviews I was so ready to completly hate it. But was instead very pleasantly surprised. Hardly worth the entry fee but I can't wait for the series... This should play great on the small screen.

The film confirms a few important things:

1. George Lucas has the writing chops of a five year old. The dialogue is truly godawful - but what do you expect from a) a Star Wars film, and b) a kids flick.

2. Star Wars can survive without John Williams.

3. Lucas is giving the franchise a lot more freedom and perhaps opening it up to other film makers. Meaning my live action KOTOR film can't be too far away!

Only one complaint besides the writing: Jabba's flamboyant transexual uncle. What. The. ****.

Last edited by DeVi| D0do on Aug 22nd, 2008 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:39 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Sith Master X
If anyone is comparing this movie to the PT, that's just sad.... sad

This movie was never meant to be a movie, and really shouldn't be considered the 7th Star Wars installment or compared to the PT or OT and garbage like that. It furthermore was just an intro to something larger, a preview to a series, rather than a movie.

That's what I hate the most about film critics these days. They haven't the slightest clue as to what they are talking about.

The only thing I can really suggest is to see it yourself. There's nothing like drawing your own conclusions. But I can guarantee you, if someone walks into the theater ready to compare this movie against the others, than they're in for a dissapointment. But if you look at it as a stand alone preview to an upcoming series, there's room for appreciation.

On the other hand, critics just view it as it's presented to them. They don't need to be total inside SW junkies to say how they feel about it. Maybe that does make them more objective. On the other hand, they see so much, they get quite sour.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

GL didn't actually write the dialogue this time, btw.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 10:02 AM
queeq
Chaos

Not that you'd notice. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 11:54 AM