KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars- where next?

Clone Wars- where next?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Well do you think the Clone Wars cartoon and the live action series will run at the same time, or do you think that would be SW overkill that would only confuse story lines?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
There WERE story arcs in the Clone Wars series.

There were explained story arcs and sad-faced Mon Calamari to back it up. But a story arc takes more than 3 to 15 minutes, unless it's a Jesse Jackson joke. Even Mr. Lucas himself has said that his own Clone Wars series does away with the super-hero-Jedi that he himself created for the prequels and which were exaggerated in the first Clone Wars cartoons. What I see Mr. Lucas doing is a lot of bad explaining and intentional ignoring of his own terrible ideas in this and other series. Not that it matters though, because Mr. Lucas is the law in these parts.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

i could see them following the storyline of the comic books "star wars republic"

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
i could see them following the storyline of the comic books "star wars republic"

Mr. Lucas is far too full of himself to suscribe to that.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 07:05 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I can't wait to see Ahsoka die. And she better. She's half the reason for my dislike of that movie.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 07:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Devil King
There were explained story arcs and sad-faced Mon Calamari to back it up. But a story arc takes more than 3 to 15 minutes, unless it's a Jesse Jackson joke. Even Mr. Lucas himself has said that his own Clone Wars series does away with the super-hero-Jedi that he himself created for the prequels and which were exaggerated in the first Clone Wars cartoons. What I see Mr. Lucas doing is a lot of bad explaining and intentional ignoring of his own terrible ideas in this and other series. Not that it matters though, because Mr. Lucas is the law in these parts.

No no.... Lucas is law in defining what is canon or not. Not on what is good or bad.
I'm no great fan of the PT, and Clone Wars is allright, but I feel it's like Droids, Clone Wars or EU books. Some of it allright, but it's additional stuff.
I saw Wall-E last week and that is WAAAAAYYY better than this Clone Wars cartoon-movie-thing. I think Lucas has kind of lost his edge on storytelling, or he doesn't have enough people around him to talk him out of bad ideas.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 08:02 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think Ahsoka is going down very well in general, actually.

And this stuff is waaaaaaaaaaay better than freaking Ewoks was!

Anyway, it does seem likely there will be connected plotlines.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Note: I didn't mention Ewoks. wink And on purpose.

I liked Ahsoka actually.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 01:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

It's allright. Bring a kid and you won't stand out.

laughing

In both screening I attended, I was actually one of the youngest (I'm only 23). There wasn't that much people actually (must be cause it was the original version and not a dubbed one, kids don't like to read roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Originally posted by Huma
I think it would of been better if they left most of the war a mystery. As much as i love the star wars 'verse some things r better left untold and left in the imagination.

But since they aren't leaving it a mystery i hope they don't mess up any other story telling from the clone wars that they told (like the original cartoon). It might be alittle tricky for them.

We have Ahsoka there, so that kinda messes things up a bit.
The new show (in this case movie) kinda follows up after the Clone Wars cartoon, there doesn't seem to be a conflict between the two, there really isn't much conflict between EU material really, sometimes they may contradict one another, but that doesn't happen much, and most of the time it just a conflict of form and looks, while still being essentially the same.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 04:40 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

No no.... Lucas is law in defining what is canon or not. Not on what is good or bad.
I'm no great fan of the PT, and Clone Wars is allright, but I feel it's like Droids, Clone Wars or EU books. Some of it allright, but it's additional stuff.
I saw Wall-E last week and that is WAAAAAYYY better than this Clone Wars cartoon-movie-thing. I think Lucas has kind of lost his edge on storytelling, or he doesn't have enough people around him to talk him out of bad ideas.

Mr. Lucas is law for you. I get that. Being banned doesn't change how much I understand that. Sadly for your position, I'm not interested in arguing Lucas's merrit in relation to his own creation because I don't think he's still qualified to direct it. You want to subscribe to his word being law and I have already addressed how little respect I have for the fan that does that; so that is a sad attempt to bait me into another argument on the subject.

The fact that you can watch those series and pick and choose for yourself what fits or is good or bad is exactly what I was addressing before you decided to bring Ush into the discussion to ban me. You know that The Clone Wars and Droids and the Ewok movies are total shit, but you see things in them that are conducive, so you accept them for what they are. You actually made a descision for yourself that didn't involve the official input of Mr. Lucas. That reflects the reality that individual fans might not have any official input into canon, but none-the-less exist on another and more personal level where they get to decide for themselves.

You're absolutely right in assuming that Mr. Lucas has intentionally surrounded himself with Yes Men. That is conclusive by any one observing what has come out since his descision to do so. My point in our disagreement has always been that the luxury of godhood in the Star Wars universe can no longer be held exclusively by Mr. Lucas and that the subscribers to that notion should take a moment to realize that for themselves if they don't want their love for this creation to be turned into a total cluster****. Just like any fictional property that has risen to the level that Star Wars has, it becomes a matter of fan discretion. I hate the Phoenix Saga in the X-Men universe, but it is a pillar of the reality forwarded in that series. I hate Wolverine being such a pillar figure, but there's nothing I can do about it except not buy that issue. I'm one of only 5 or 6 people in the world who don't think that the Lord of the Rings movies were ground-breaking, but I still love Ian McKellen movies. He's my favorite actor, but I can't sit through a single film in the LOTR trilogy. It doesn't mean I don't love McKellen or his acting abilities; it simply means I don't care to waste 4 hours of my time watching the films because I don't like them.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 04:45 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

You want to subscribe to his word being law and I have already addressed how little respect I have for the fan that does that; so that is a sad attempt to bait me into another argument on the subject.

Here's an interesting idea for you than: don't open this thread or any other star wars threats so you, the poor victim, don't get "lured" into another mean discussion where you, the poor victim, who is obviously playing by the KMC rules gets banned by the ever evil and unsporting moderators of this lawless forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Christ, Devil King, what is WRONG with you?

Three things:

1. YOU suddenly brought up 'Lucas being law' in this thread. Do not DARE make out that you are the one being lured into a discussion about it when everyone can see that you are the one that started it.

2. You are completely wrong. That Lucas' word is law with canon is not an opinion, it is a fact. Whether you like the canon or not is up to you, but what the canon actually is, is his call. Quite why you do not get this is beyond me. And for the purposes of arbitrating debate on this forum, there is no way we can entertain an 'everyone is right' approach. We use an objective standard.

3. You've already been warned and banned once for going on about this after being told to stop. For the last time, we do not entertain canon debates on these forums, and now once again you have deliberately provoked another argument about it so you can get on your soapbox and preach.

Well, it's not going to be tolerated. This is another formal warning for you to stop pursuing this subject further, which has clearly now become a personal obsession for you as you try and bait mods into more discusison on it in a different thread. If you keep doing so you will be banned for longer than before and if this keeps on going your ban may have to be permanent.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2008 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Mr. Lucas is law for you. I get that. Being banned doesn't change how much I understand that. Sadly for your position, I'm not interested in arguing Lucas's merrit in relation to his own creation because I don't think he's still qualified to direct it. You want to subscribe to his word being law and I have already addressed how little respect I have for the fan that does that; so that is a sad attempt to bait me into another argument on the subject.

The fact that you can watch those series and pick and choose for yourself what fits or is good or bad is exactly what I was addressing before you decided to bring Ush into the discussion to ban me. You know that The Clone Wars and Droids and the Ewok movies are total shit, but you see things in them that are conducive, so you accept them for what they are. You actually made a descision for yourself that didn't involve the official input of Mr. Lucas. That reflects the reality that individual fans might not have any official input into canon, but none-the-less exist on another and more personal level where they get to decide for themselves.

You're absolutely right in assuming that Mr. Lucas has intentionally surrounded himself with Yes Men. That is conclusive by any one observing what has come out since his descision to do so. My point in our disagreement has always been that the luxury of godhood in the Star Wars universe can no longer be held exclusively by Mr. Lucas and that the subscribers to that notion should take a moment to realize that for themselves if they don't want their love for this creation to be turned into a total cluster****. Just like any fictional property that has risen to the level that Star Wars has, it becomes a matter of fan discretion. I hate the Phoenix Saga in the X-Men universe, but it is a pillar of the reality forwarded in that series. I hate Wolverine being such a pillar figure, but there's nothing I can do about it except not buy that issue. I'm one of only 5 or 6 people in the world who don't think that the Lord of the Rings movies were ground-breaking, but I still love Ian McKellen movies. He's my favorite actor, but I can't sit through a single film in the LOTR trilogy. It doesn't mean I don't love McKellen or his acting abilities; it simply means I don't care to waste 4 hours of my time watching the films because I don't like them.

Lighten up, dude. We just discuss how we FEEL about this new film and where we think it should/could go. Why do you want some conclusive stamp of approval or disapproval on something? You really seem to have a genetic need to argue and argue and argue.... Well, it got you your official warning, after a preliminary one... congrats, I guess.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 06:20 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jovan
Here's an interesting idea for you than: don't open this thread or any other star wars threats so you, the poor victim, don't get "lured" into another mean discussion where you, the poor victim, who is obviously playing by the KMC rules gets banned by the ever evil and unsporting moderators of this lawless forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't open this thread. I don't open any thread according to "Star Wars". You do a lot to paint me as the self imposed victim, but you fail to realise you're the the victim that owns the abuse; not me. Not only am I not the victim, but you whole-heartedly subscibe to being the victim. See, i stopped passing my dollars to Mr. Lucas's abuse. If you pay him to abuse you, he'll always be willing to do so. Pay more attention to what I'm actually saying, and a little less to what Ush is arguing. It makes all the difference.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Good Christ, Devil King, what is WRONG with you?

Three things:

1. YOU suddenly brought up 'Lucas being law' in this thread. Do not DARE make out that you are the one being lured into a discussion about it when everyone can see that you are the one that started it.

2. You are completely wrong. That Lucas' word is law with canon is not an opinion, it is a fact. Whether you like the canon or not is up to you, but what the canon actually is, is his call. Quite why you do not get this is beyond me. And for the purposes of arbitrating debate on this forum, there is no way we can entertain an 'everyone is right' approach. We use an objective standard.

3. You've already been warned and banned once for going on about this after being told to stop. For the last time, we do not entertain canon debates on these forums, and now once again you have deliberately provoked another argument about it so you can get on your soapbox and preach.

Well, it's not going to be tolerated. This is another formal warning for you to stop pursuing this subject further, which has clearly now become a personal obsession for you as you try and bait mods into more discusison on it in a different thread. If you keep doing so you will be banned for longer than before and if this keeps on going your ban may have to be permanent.

Christ might be good for you, but he doesn't hold much water for me. I never said that "canon" was up for debate. I simply said that canon was up to the individual who contribute the dollars, or pounds, that implies such a standing. You banned me for disagreeing with that. You get to do that because you don't like anyone that disagrees with your perspective on the situation. I said, very clearly, that "canon existes so Mr. Lucas could claim ownership of his version of his own creation." Your desperate need to subscribe to it doesn't impress me or my independant idea of what is "fact" in the SW usniverse. But, you banned me and satisfied your own needs. Good for you and Queeq. But my point remains. Canon can be up to the individual star wars fan. It doesn't have to involve your need to debate or Mr. Lucas displaying a need to be remembered. As I have already said, you're free to ban me. That's how you make yourself feel more right. But that doesn't change the reality that Star Wars is a universe that each and every fan has the right to chose for themselves. Mr. Lucas loving himself and your kowtowing to his decrees doesn't change that. Even you, Ush, know you have your own personal distillation of the franchise. There's so much shit about it that you hate that you're over-whelmed.

Personally, if you think it's your place to decide what is or is not to be "tolerated" on a website you think belongs to you, then you have already failed at being a moderator. I know you think it's an obession, but that goes hand in hand with how important you think you are or how important you think this forum is for me. I'm just speaking my mind in regards to the topic, and if you feel threatened enough to ban me, then you will. That's how you deal with a different perspective. Let's be realistic, you've wanted to ban me for a long time. And that sounds insane since you're given the luxury to do so on a personal whim. But I've been around for a while and if you ban me because of such a pathetic whim, I'm not the one who ends up looking like a loser. But ban me if it makes you feel better. I'm sure everyone will think you have the biggest dick in the room if you do.

I've simply made an observation; if that threatens you, then ban me. My position on the situation won't change. But perhaps you thinking how right you are might change. After you ban me, perhaps you'll realize you don't have to be abused by Mr. Lucas and stop paying him to slap you across the face. You have standards and that you dismiss them simply because Mr. Lucas says so is kind of sad. I'm not saying Mr. Lucas has no right to dicatate terms; simply that it doesn't have to apply to what you get out of the franchise. Believe it or not, you have some measure of say-so in what you subscribe to. But you keep having the heaviest balls in the room because you think Jabba the Hutt should have a son that needs rescuing from the seperatists, because George says so. Ban me all you like, but you realize how stupid it is. When so much gets so stupid, it has to be up to the fan himself to decide what limits they have when it comes to the frachise they love. If such standards don't apply to you, then swallow the bullshit Mr. Lucas keeps shoving down your throat. Keep paying for it. It's not a matter of sweat off my sack.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 07:39 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's just the same old vague nonsense from you over and over, isn't it? Truly worrying how you cannot grasp a simple concept like this, and think yourself so smug and superior in the process.. You are still wrong. 'Canon is up to the individual Star Wars fan' is like stating the sky is pink. You are just wrong and no amount of huffing or puffing will change that.

Oh well, banned again. Collect a third and it will be permanent. I hope you realise how desperately pathetic this weird arguing obsession of yours is. Just to clartify to people- DK was not banned for disagreeing (although I will point out again that we do not allow canon debates here, that is our policy and that is just how it is), he was banned for carrying on spamming a thread and arguing a point after specifically being told not to several times. Keep disobeying mods and bans result like that. Now he is just baiting mods to carry on the argument and portray himself as the victim, which is an age-old troll tactic.

Back on topic please folks.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 27th, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 10:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

Which was what again? laughing out loud

Poor DK, he just can't let go. Ah well, with the ban it doesn't get so annoying.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 11:21 AM
Hazardous

Queeq, this is the third time I've noticed this so Im gonna call you out on it. I dont mean to bring the thread off topic but really, its getting ridiculous now.

quote:
Wow... an official warning. DK, you messed with the wrong forum now. evil face

quote:
End of the line, DK.

These are the previous 2 posts from the other thread.

Why is Queeq allowed to post things like these, right after warnings have been given and the matter has been addressed? It's completely unnecessary, and no better than anything DK did. Ush had already told DK to drop it and warned him with a ban, there is NO reason at all to instigate it further with comments like those.

And then:

Poor DK, he just can't let go. Ah well, with the ban it doesn't get so annoying.

Did Ush NOT just say, a good HOUR beforehand:

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Back on topic please folks.

I would think that includes mods as well? And Ush if you're going to tell me to get back on topic (which I will be), at least tell Queeq to do so as well. I have no intention of derailing the thread and I'm not going to push this issue any more in any other threads, I'd like to continue the Clone Wars discussion as much as everyone else but this whole thing is just really....f*cking annoying.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 11:52 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

You might want to add this one as well, Mist

Lighten up, dude. We just discuss how we FEEL about this new film and where we think it should/could go. Why do you want some conclusive stamp of approval or disapproval on something? You really seem to have a genetic need to argue and argue and argue.... Well, it got you your official warning, after a preliminary one... congrats, I guess.

Dunno, that would bait me into an angry reply.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He was angry before that. And without good reason.

BTW, you're both off topic. wink

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 12:20 PM
Bardock42

He was angry before that. And without good reason.

BTW, you're both off topic. wink

Yeah, I am sure someone that got fired from his job is pretty angry already, but the bee that stings him between the eyes probably doesn't help.

You are right about the off-topic though, personally I am not going to watch itin the Cinema, I'd probably just feel cheated. I read about the storyline and I already felt like crying. Might rent it...or better yet, steal it from the store, don't want my money to contribute to further "endeavors" in that region. But I doubt that it will change anything, there's probably more money to be made by that kind of style. Maybe Lucas will deem it a good idea to remake the OT, and tell us exactly what happened to Jar Jar during the rebellion.

But maybe it may surprise me, just doubt it.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Aug 27th, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2008 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote