KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » There is Another....

There is Another....
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

There is Another....

After seeing Epi.V who were you expecting the "other" to be? I personally thought it was Han. After all we did see him use a saber. Wouldn't it have been great to see Han and Luke fighting agaist the forces of evil together with lightsabers?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2000 08:21 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Well that would certainly be a great surprise, but I don't think it would suit Han at all.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well, besides Leia, at that point in the timeline, Vader was the only other "Skywalker" besides Luke. If Leia hadn't been Luke's sister, maybe Yoda could have been referring to Vader (as Anakin) to turn back to the good side in order to axe the emporer. Remember, its only a certain point of view.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Good point Gundark.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 07:34 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

There is Another....

I would have thought Lando. He was a character that was just introduced and played a pretty important role.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 08:40 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I think Lando was too rogue-ish in style to be force-sensitive, although you never know what GL is gonna throw at us. Do I have to mention midi-chlorians again ? Yeesh.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I think he was kiddng, Gundie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2001 03:57 AM
Darth Daft

Plus Lando was black, so it's not like he could be that close a relation to Luke.

Perhaps.......Chewie!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Why would they have to be related?

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 08:20 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

You never know, Luke could have had a black mommy...and the voice of Vader was that of a black man.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 09:41 AM
Dim
Creativity

EJ, where in the world did that come from?

I think JO has a point. Luke and the "other" didn't necessarily need to be related.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 11:34 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Blond hair, blue eyes, soft lightly tanned complection. Well EJ, I can certainly see the afro-genetic influences there!!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

laughing out loud I was kidding people. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 04:55 AM
Ratcat

Well, yeah, obviously......no expression

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Haha, great... joke... haha.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 04:40 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Well In Dark Empire Leia becomes a Jedi, and in the expanded galaxy there is more than just anothe theres loads of them, but besides that why does the other have to have already be seen in the movie, it could be someone yet to be revealed, why not Mara Jade. OR some other new character?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 06:48 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

The more I think about it the more I think they had to be related. From what we now know based on EP1 only another Skywalker would have been powerful enough to defeat Vader and the Emperor.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 10:47 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

However, how is it to be so certain that in saying there is another that this is what it refers to. Maybe it wasn't Vaders demise they sought but his salvation. Admittedly your theory is probably correct and as already obviously highlighted it is most likely Leia on the grounds that GL seems to like linkage between the characters and she had just also ben declared as Lukes sister. Its just nice to think about it really. Theorising is always subjective even when relating to an objective factor. As such in the end of the day it just helps pass time.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 04:41 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah.

Actually, I can't quite make sense of that one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

More or less I was saying that in general I agree that it is probably another potential Jedi who could take Vader down. I also see it likely to be family member and as such probably Leia. What I was saying was however that it could equally be taken to mean - there is another...way. Or it may been another who they could rely on to do the job who wasn't jedi. This I know however is highly unlikely.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 07:12 PM