KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Owen and OB1, another "Clash of the Titans?"

Owen and OB1, another "Clash of the Titans?"
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UnknownBountyHunter

Owen and OB1, another "Clash of the Titans?"

I have been wondering why Owen tried to draw Luke continually away from OB1. I think Owen was upset with OB1 after he left Luke with them. I think that Owen had a previous job he loved (Piloting, Smuggler, etc.) and with Luke he couldn't continue no more, and this is where his hate (well, not hate, but burning passion) to OB1 comes in, and he doesn't want OB1 ruining Luke's life either. What are your thoughts on this?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 04:51 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I think Owen always been a farmer and his thoughts have been at the present and at Tatooine. Mainly because thats where he was. Remember in ANH when Luke says "besides it such a long way from here", OB! replies "Thats your uncle talking".
I just think Owen didn`t really care what was going on with the rebellion because it didn`t effect him in anyway.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 04:13 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, I agree with finti on this one. I imagine that Owen was always a farmer. In EP II I think Anakin will be on Tatooine and he really enjoys himself then Obi-Wan contacts him telling him its urgent that he return to Coruscant or Kamino or Genosis or whatever. Owen tries to talk Anakin out of it, but because of his duty to his master he must go, because as everyone knows Anakin has this think about obeying his master. Perhaps because he leaves something happens to Schmi that causes her death. That would make Owen hate OB1 somemore and cause a rift between Anakin and OB1.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

It has been suggested in one of the books though I forget which one that they are actually brothers, that as they followed different paths didn't get on so well but was the reason why Luke was given to Owen

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 07:33 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They even scripted the brother link, but I don't know if it was ever filmed... but it's come THAT close to canonicity.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

What do you consider thi will do to the continuity of the universe. Surely it was a great shame that we didn't see greater sorrow for the death of his brother in Episode IV if this is the case. Or was this just to maintain the pretence or perhaps just his long term jedi training?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Canon universe continuity is in a different thread, but it actually reads as follows:

The films

This is the official Lucasfilm policy

However, the following are often considered canonical , but possibly subject to change:
The films
The Scripts
The novelisations
The Radio plays

Meaning anything from these should probably be believed for now, though some of the radio play scenes (like Luke constructing his sabre) are very dodgy, and nothing except the first can be really considered proper, what with possible upcoming plot changes. The films override the lower three, and so on. Also, blatant mistakes from the films can be ignored- like the rank badges in ROTJ. They actually have a department that sorts out this sort of thing.

Then for the EU, the canonicity is the same, with the books at the bottom.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Ok Well I'll attempt to take more care in future master!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 06:55 PM