KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Continuity Errors

Continuity Errors
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Continuity Errors

Just watched A New Hope on TV and noticed what I think is a new continiuity error.

In the Droid sale scene, when the red R2 unit (R4-D5 I think) rolls of and then blows it's motivator luke calls out to Uncle Owen "What about the blue one?" The shot shifts back to R2 D2 and you can see the red R2 unit still next to him. Then it shifts back to Luke and the smoking R2 unit has shifted back.

This was in the Special Edition as screen on Sky Premier. Not sure if this has always been there or is only in the SE's that the mistake appears.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth V

It's not only in the special edition it appears.
And it's not R4-D5, it's R5-D4 (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 06:29 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

That mistake is in the original too.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Ok, so maybe it was just the first time I spotted it.

Funny that Luke calls it an R2 unit and not an R5 unit as well..... Anouther error....

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:22 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not TECHNICALLY a continuity error as it hadn't been called an R5 unit at any point... in fact, it was never called anything other than an R2 unit. So the R5 designation would be the error...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

True. What was it called in the novel?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:18 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I think you can get different versions of the novelisation but in the version I have, Luke just called the red one a cultivator unit and never actually names it specifically.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Re: ...

The scene was devised differently originally I think. That's why there's this continuity error. I think Luke wanted to pick the blue one first, but Owen felt it was too beat up so he picked the nicer looking one. They probably didn't make a proper shot of R2 for this alternative cut.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:26 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Re: ...

Well there is that. The toy however was labelled R5D4. Anyway as to the what was on screen maybe they had more than one R5 unit and having seen one blow wasn't gonna risk another. As for names maybe Luke just aint that bright when it comes to Droid names or classifications and refers to them under a single banner label...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 06:54 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote