KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Still an opinion, still a rumour, still not a fact, movie was still not announced until February, which is exactly when speculation about it here started, so the original claims of having waited 'two years' for this film are still utter nonsense done in an attempt to look cool in puttiong the film down.

The only FACT of the matter, is that true fan speculation about the film began in February, after its official announcement.

Refuted by virtue of the fact that I (a true fan) had been posting about it back and it had been discussed then. Ask any of the TRA guys. So the branding of nonsense is as much inappropriate in this instance as is it personally insulting.
This movie needs no one to try to show it up.
Fans can realise for themselves.
Rumours or not, the source was both in a reliable postion and was right.
If you had a problem with my having believed DL ( A LFL employee),
then I'm afraid I couldn't care less, but to dismiss me to all and sundry as someone willing to make this up to suit an argument..to suit your own position..!??
As well as being painfully ironic, its not nice.

Believe what you want, of course, but please don't deform my character along the way to suit your POV.

Peace smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Refuted by virtue of the fact that I (a true fan) had been posting about it back and it had been discussed then. Ask any of the TRA guys. So the branding of nonsense is as much inappropriate in this instance as is it personally insulting.
This movie needs no one to try to show it up.
Fans can realise for themselves.
Rumours or not, the source was both in a reliable postion and was right.
If you had a problem with my having believed DL ( A LFL employee),
then I'm afraid I couldn't care less, but to dismiss me to all and sundry as someone willing to make this up to suit an argument..to suit your own position..!??
As well as being painfully ironic, its not nice.

Believe what you want, of course, but please don't deform my character along the way to suit your POV.

Peace smile

Nice wink

Ush, an 'official announcement', no, but an announcement non the less.

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Sep 11th, 2008 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Plenty of hardcore fans are happy. You are just trying to define 'hardcore fan' as 'people who think exactly like me'.

No, Im trying to say 'hardcore fans know more than you'. If you really cared as much as you say you do than you would have heard something about it. Someone who sits around and awaits LF 'word' sounds pretty mainstream to me. In the end, your the one missing out...

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Sep 11th, 2008 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Stop the bickering please.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 12:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to worry, its over now.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:38 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're about a week late in saying that, man. no expression stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

My bad

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 04:10 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, in 20 days, the argument has gone from 'was it any good' to 'NO! I'm clearly the biggest Star Wars fan'?

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nactous
My bad

Not you, Queeq. He told us to stop it like... a week after no one posted.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Devil King
So, in 20 days, the argument has gone from 'was it any good' to 'NO! I'm clearly the biggest Star Wars fan'?

This is what the non-EU section is generally comprised of..

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 11:37 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Not you, Queeq. He told us to stop it like... a week after no one posted.

And your point is?

Warnings like that are not just for the present, but also serve future purposes.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 06:50 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would you argee to the fact that sometimes though we dont need the warning?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 01:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

"Agree to the fact sometimes... " ... what the...?

Sometimes you don't, sometimes you do. In my experience it's better to be safe than sorry.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 02:05 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand... smile

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 04:52 PM
queeq
Chaos

Good. Then explain it to me. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 05:31 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

something something darkside

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 05:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

Now I get it.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 05:34 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
This is what the non-EU section is generally comprised of..

Either way, it's a huge joke. But it is descriptive when it comes to certain poster's positions. Laughable, none-the-less.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That is an utterly contemptible and unintelligent way to represent the argument- the only laughable thing is your attempt to represent it that way. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, DK, do not add anything at all.

Despite people babbling on about what they thought, the evidence around here shows that the vast majority of people did not begin speculation on the film until the official annoucement in February. Even if you DID believe vague earlier rumours and decidded to onluy talk about them elsewhere and not here (rumours that were not really bellieved and were only right by circumstance, not by default, and there are plenty of such rumours that come along all the time that are simply wrong) it doesn't amount to having waited for two years. The whole point is that people are making reviews in which they are simply making up that there was some sort of long-awited hype mechanism behind this film because they get an adolescent enjoyment out of popping such a hype bubble, even if they had to make it up to do so. This is something I have not the slightest respect for and destroys the value of the review and opinion.

And so sorry you feel aggrieved, Sadako- but my position, and my opinion on what you say, remains exactly the same. No, I do not believe the story you got from DL, and in fact it is demonstrable that it was wrong, because we know for a fact that GL only started to plan a film AFTER the first few episodes were completed, which is way after whatever claim you are making. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you were fed bad info, and that is also a fact. That whole idea is completely wrong. There was no plan, there was no idea that got later picked up on. There was only a spontaneous decision by GL in the last half of last year. You might possibly have had some grounds to say that the series was being predicted there. But not the film that came out- not in any way, sense or form- because that was a spontaneous decision made years afterwards, that had nothing to do with any earlier ideas at all.

People can try and claim a pathetic monopoly saying that anyone whoi didn't know before February is not a hardcore fan, somehow. But it won't wash. People posting in these SW sections are as much fans as any of you are- some long before you were born- and for all of them the official announcement was the time the speculation began- as this very area shows. That is the proof and the fact of the matter. Barely anyone here cared about the November annoucement (not that you actually said anything until December, Nac)- that's how insiginificant it was. Everyone cared about the official February one.

Bottom line- widespread speculation and analysis of the film only began in February after the official announcement. Fact. Only then did anything come out to look at, analyse, speculate about etc. Delude yourself otherwise if you wish. But the facts back me.

Nac said quite clearly he was waiting two years for this film. He was lying, and he did it because he wanted to sound cool in putting the film down. So no-one should forget what the base of all of this is- a silly lie by Nac to make up part of a rubbish review. If people make up lies in their reviews, then I am damn well going to point out that lie, repeatedly if I have to. I won't ever get tired of that, so best for Nac to just admit it.

No-one has actually and accurately been waiting two years for this film at all. No-one. People saying so are either lying or mistaken. Sorry- that's just so. GL himself was only waiting one year, because he only decided to start making it a year before its release, and even then he was not certain he would do it until months later, and that pretty much is where that argument ends. Any attempt to claim that you knew it would happen before GL did is plainly ludicrous.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 25th, 2008 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 08:48 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I waited 5 years for this film, you guys are just not as big of Star Wars fans as I am

Actually I'm lying, I was surprised by a poster of it when it was already in cinemas sad

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote