KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Final Editions

The Final Editions
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

The Final Editions

What do you expect to see in the "Final Editions"? I for one would like to see Jimmy Smits with loads of makeup in ANH before Alderan is destroyed.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 12:56 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

That would be cool, as the Death Star approaches, do an establishing shot of Aldera and then as the beam is launched at the planet, everyone looking up in terror.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Though I think it's a really cool idea, I have my doubts that Lucas will do any further "enhancements" to the OT.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Not even fix the Rancor scene?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 11:57 PM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No EJ, not even for that.

Just cos you haven't got a life doesn't mean Lucas is missing one....

Old Post Feb 6th, 2001 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

In the Rancor scene, do you think Luke just made a lucky shot at the door switch or do you think he force threw that rock ? It didn't look like he used the force (and I know "there's no such thing as luck")

Old Post Feb 6th, 2001 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

NOt sure, actually was anyone else surprised that he didn't fix that scene when he had the chance during the production of the Special Editions?

It does stick out. Seems od that he woukld not sort out such a galringly bad bit of matte/stop motion work.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 03:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, I was surprised they didn't fix it. After all, I could have cared less about the musical scene, although it was funny this way, but the Rancor is like the most horrible site.

And then they talk about fixing the matte lines in the snowspeeders, which you could hardly see, and they leave this ugly Rancor. Weird.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 04:13 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was probably a time thing. They took a long, long time on those new FX shots (as we all know, the new Han/Jabba scene took forever...).

So all the time for the ROTJ remake went into the musical scene, which probably means that GL, in his funny little directorial way, thought that putting an amusing scene into the movie at that point was far more important than fixing dodgy effects.

I'm sure there were a lot of better suggestions that any one of us could have told him to do when re-making ROTJ. But we probably would have ended up yelling at him. Remember, he just doesn't think like us. The evidence for that is compelling.

I would like to see, in the Final Editions, more than seven or eight TIE Fighters coming from the Death Star. Lways struck me as odd, that.

And an Empire Strikes Back ground force on the same scale as the Trade Federation army.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, but if you look at that Jabba amd then at the Jabba in Episode-I and in Episode-VI the Episode-IV "enahncement" does kinda suck too....

It's too thin, the face is all wrong and it's too darn small.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 02:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, I saw that. I dug it when the SE's came out, but not after Ep1. Jabba in Ep1 looks very much like he does in ROTJ, but he's a lot smaller in ANH SE. And he does look weird, I agree.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 02:44 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I was almost expecting the Episode-I Jabba to be a worm, as some young Hutts are descibed in the EU.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 03:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, laughing out loud , so did I actually. Well not a small worm, but smaller than he was in ANH. Guess the ANH Jabba just came back from a Spa and lost some major weight.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 04:32 AM
Ratcat

I think we all know that the reality of it was that the SE's were a test bed for the technology Lucas used to make Episode-I. sad

Old Post Mar 4th, 2001 09:30 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I thought the conversions of the Bespin scenes were very good.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Bespin was awesome. I agree. And I like ANH SE as well. Great job well done there. I think ANH was the only one really in need of a SE, though.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 05:32 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well I thought in ROTJ when they're going from Jabba's palace out to the Sarlaac pit was horrible. If you look at the figure walking across the sail barge, he looks like a cartoon character. Yeesh. sick

AND the tarzan yell made by Chewbacca when him and the ewoks are swinging on that vine DEFINATELY should have come OUT !!! sick sick

Old Post Mar 5th, 2001 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ah never mind the Tarzan yell. It's done.

The tentacles from the Sarlacc Pit were nice though.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2001 01:14 AM
Ratcat

I think they did a better job with the building and robotic additions to the SE's The organic ones weren't so well done.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 01:29 PM
queeq
Chaos

The dewbacks in ANH SE were pretty good. IMHO OC. So were the CGI Stormtroopers.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2001 03:12 AM