KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Episode #1 - Ambush

Yoda takes on an entire droid army in the season premiere of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, an all-new animated series premiering at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 3, on Cartoon Network.

In the first episode, Ambush, Jedi Master Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku's dreaded assassin Asajj Ventress and the massive Separatist droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect a strategic planet and forge a treaty for the Republic.

The episode is directed by David Bullock (Justice League: The New Frontier) from a script by Steve Melching (The Batman). Dave Filoni is supervising director, George Lucas is the series' creator and serves as executive producer, and Catherine Winder is producer.

(please log in to view the image)

Another useless thread to build the forum up.

At least they're kicking the series off with a bang, I wonder how Ventress will go against Yoda?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 07:18 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Also, short clip of episode.

http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/82...d=39c7ubor2uiul

Ok, this looks fecking awesome no expression
Looks like the battle droids are still retarded, but they seem ok in the clip. Just wish they wouldnt talk as much.

Last edited by Hazardous on Sep 27th, 2008 at 07:26 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 07:22 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Doesn't look too bad really. Very children's cartoony, but much cooler than what Mace Windu did when he jumped like the Hulk.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:32 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm... looks like SW has gone officially silly.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 02:45 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Hmmm... looks like SW has gone officially silly.

I thought it was silly... ever since the ewoks... but I still love it though

There's still action to look forward to

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 02:10 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Outbound
Also, short clip of episode.

http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/82...d=39c7ubor2uiul

Ok, this looks fecking awesome no expression
Looks like the battle droids are still retarded, but they seem ok in the clip. Just wish they wouldnt talk as much.

It will definately be entertaining...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Why does Lucas have to make Star Wars so childish now? I just watched episode 1 and 2 again and they're a complete joke compared to 3 - 6. And now the Clone Wars movie and this. Jesus

At least the action scenes look alright

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

RotJ had Ewoks.

Anyone who says Star Wars wasn't childish... needs to have their heads checked.

And the reason why Star Wars is childish is because children are the primary demographic, not you and I.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
RotJ had Ewoks.

Anyone who says Star Wars wasn't childish... needs to have their heads checked.

And the reason why Star Wars is childish is because children are the primary demographic, not you and I.
Sure it had Ewoks...but that alone doesn't make a childish movie. Episode 1 - 3 were aimed specifically at children. Episode 4 - 6 weren't...they are made so children as well as adults can take something from them. 1-3 has flashy pictures.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by Spartan005
Why does Lucas have to make Star Wars so childish now? I just watched episode 1 and 2 again and they're a complete joke compared to 3 - 6. And now the Clone Wars movie and this. Jesus

I disagree about your view on episode 3: the first half-hour/hour (dunno where it ends exactly) was also childish with R2 and the battledroids

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Yea, that scene had me worried.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm not sure the censors believe that about OT/PT; the OT is much more suitable as a children's work in many ways.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But it was less aimed solely at children. It was an adventure movie for young audience that didn't exclude an older audience. Ep1 & 2 seems to be more directed solely to a very young audience.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 02:25 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Jovan
I disagree about your view on episode 3: the first half-hour/hour (dunno where it ends exactly) was also childish with R2 and the battledroids

yeah, watching a man burn (after being mangled) while shouting how much they hate someone was very childish

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I love the OT, and it will always be better than the PT, but please, SW was and is for kids

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 04:53 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by S_D_J
yeah, watching a man burn (after being mangled) while shouting how much they hate someone was very childish

which part of "the first half-hour/hour" is confusing you?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The last part?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 09:55 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Spartan wrote this
Originally posted by Spartan005

you responded this

Originally posted by Jovan

For what I see you either:
saw just the first 30 min and not the rest of the movie...
...or you're saying the whole movie was childish (and probably ruined for you) just because of a 2-3 min sequence...

which one is it? hmm? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by queeq
The last part?

laughing ... could be

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 03:33 AM
queeq
Chaos

What bickering...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:40 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Sure it had Ewoks...but that alone doesn't make a childish movie. Episode 1 - 3 were aimed specifically at children. Episode 4 - 6 weren't...they are made so children as well as adults can take something from them. 1-3 has flashy pictures.

Six wasn't, in number 2 we see a child holding his father's severed head in his hands. The most child-friendly of the three was TPM with lil' Anakin, a Jar-Jar with more than ten lines, and the Gungans. The story gets progressively darker as it moves along, up to the point where people are being incinerated alive and younglings are getting diced up and sith lords are getting beheaded by the main character...

erm

Anyone who says that the first 30 minutes of RotS was kid friendly obviously didn't pay attention, otherwise they'd remember Dooku getting his hands chopped off, than his head in cold blood...

As for the story. The PT's storyline is more tragic and complicated than the OT's, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say...

The clone wars cartoon is ridiculous, though. I actually think that if Lucas wanted to protray the droids as anonymous, soulless bad guys he'd try to not give them quircky, lovable (to a five year old) personalities.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Sep 30th, 2008 at 06:48 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And TPM is about taxation of trade routes and senate hearings.... true kiddie stuff.... laughing out loud Boring as hell though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:48 AM