KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Final Editions

The Final Editions
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

True, but then again the Stormtroopers are so like droids.

I take that back about the organics, well partly. The dewbacks at Mos Eosley were great, wasn't so impressed by the one in the dune seas.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2001 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The ones in the Mos Eisley streets were very good. Liked them.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 03:27 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

There are pics of the Rancor scene and also as mentioned in the book that Luke lept up and kicked the Rancor in the head. This would be cool to see. As well as this there is the scene where Luke builds the Lightsaber which would be nice to see. While we are at it howsabout The Biggs scene and with modern technology cutting the original actor out and replacing him with a new one. Oh and in episode one having the bit where Maul leaps after Quin into the Naboo craft.

Well thats what I'd like to see anyway.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 06:35 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe in the DVD, Zareil. Maybe they include the missing TPM scenes. It's said to be release by Christmas.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 03:56 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heck- why DID they miss out that Qui-Gon/Maul ramp scene? They cut the start up so much that you race through the first thrity minutes iof plot at lightspeed, and then they cut out parts of the bits that everyone was dying for...

Mind you, I'm a big TPM defender, so I won't go too far down that road

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Aha, so that's where our destinies clash. I thought TPM could and SHOULD have been a lot better. And I wonder if that ramp scene would have saved the day. Just more eye candy.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It could have been better, no doubt. But I wasn't as disappointed as others. And I thought it was actually better than ROTJ, all things considered.

I hate to be unfair on ROTJ as well, because the final resolution of the Skywalker plot was great. But the film just didn't hang together.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, a lot better than TPM. I mean the lightsabre fight was nice and all, but the one in ROTJ was more powerful, much more emotional, dramatic and tense. It had a fantastic opeing sequence and Palpy had much better screen time. The rest was okay, but Luke's conclusive steps of his destiny were pretty strong. Nowhere did TPM have any such powerful a moment.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:35 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mind you, I'm biased in that Ewan McGregor and Liam Neeson are two of my four favourite actors. Another one is James Earl Jones- pure co-incidence, I assure you, as I choose this list before TPM was dreamt up.All we need now is David Warner in a Star Wars film and I've got the whole list in Star Wars.

But I thought Liam Neeson brought a certain poise to Star Wars that hadn't been seen since Guiness was in ANH. Even in one film, his character arc was pretty perfect.

I thought the Gungan battle made a point about lower-tech fighting far better than the Ewok battle did.

There were the sabre fights, of course, and the Pod-racing was great for the kids

And furthermore, I appreciate that TPM completely fulfilled everything it set out to do- being a prequel in a truest sense, rather than the start of a seperate story (like Episode II will be).

Althougn I do now think that this was a tactical mistake by GL, and it should have been a three-part straight story like the original. But I won't damn TPM for that error.

In retrospect, once the other films are out, TPM will seem better, because it's value as a true prequel would be appreciated. Sadly, being released as the first Star Wars film in 16 years did it no favours.

Meanwhile, back on the topic... is there any truth to the rumours that Lucasfilm were considering shooting brand new footage if they decide to make the final editions? And not just small stuff- whole extra scenes. Because I have mixed feelings about that... but I have no way to tell the truth of rumours. You guys, with all your resources...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 04:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Zareil- you really do hate the actors in the mssing Tatooine scenes, don't you? And they strick me as such quality...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 08:04 PM
Zareil

As I've said before it is not strictly down entirely to actors, if the plot and quality of production is strong enough that is. No what I was suggesting was that given that bit was cut out on the grounds of the acting that is why the seen should be replaced with an altered version similar to the Jabba overlay thang. Any hows as to your comments on the TPM lets face it several major problems, As pre-noted there is C3po + the extra fights always a bit of a bonus, and then those damn infernal body bugs, what the hell was anyone thinking. Look as an intro it wasn't a bad movie, there were ways to look past Jar Jar same as ewoks, its just that as stated its not always the actors but what they are put through, and poor quality of dialogue is one of them.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 04:14 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh,let's not get into the Midi-Chlorians again... did you read my big theory about them in the 'disappearing trick' thread?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 05:35 AM
Zareil

I dont know you turn ya back for two seconds and you answer. Well I suppose I can only be thankful except for those bugs that is hmmph, I'm going for a drink in the bar...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 06:08 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right,. Go to the right place this time!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 06:10 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

I think I read somewhere that there was a scene in TPM after Qui-Gon had taken the hyper-drive back to the ship and goes back to get Anakin, but when he returns Anakin was in a fight. I thought that it was the "Greedo" character had accused Anakin of cheating and Anakin threw him to the ground and QG ran up and broke up the fight. Has anyone else heard this? It would be cool to see.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 10:34 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, I think it was a good thing that it wasn't in. I feel people would have over-interpreted it as evidence of Anakin's anger and lack of self-control, wheeras I prefer it when Anakin is actually shown as squeaky-clean at first, with only the Jedi able to detect his failings.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 05:49 AM
Ratcat

I agree. I also think a lot of people expect to see Hayden as a bad boy from the very first scene. I think we will see a lot of the young Anakin in still.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sure. I mean Luke had his faults and we never considered him a bad boy. He whined in ANH, was impatient and unbelieving in ESB. A few bad points in someone's personality gives him character. Come to think of it, Anakin didn't have too much of that in TPM. He was like a perfect bond boy.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:23 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Typo or otherwise... did you know Jake Lloyd wants to play James Bond when he is older? Well, they've gone to just about every other english-speaking country, so why not the States...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:35 AM
queeq
Chaos

Because a yankee boy doesn't have a proper British accent. The other countries were still part of the common wealth.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:41 AM