KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That is an utterly contemptible and unintelligent way to represent the argument- the only laughable thing is your attempt to represent it that way. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, DK, do not add anything at all.

Despite people babbling on about what they thought, the evidence around here shows that the vast majority of people did not begin speculation on the film until the official annoucement in February. Even if you DID believe vague earlier rumours and decidded to onluy talk about them elsewhere and not here (rumours that were not really bellieved and were only right by circumstance, not by default, and there are plenty of such rumours that come along all the time that are simply wrong) it doesn't amount to having waited for two years. The whole point is that people are making reviews in which they are simply making up that there was some sort of long-awited hype mechanism behind this film because they get an adolescent enjoyment out of popping such a hype bubble, even if they had to make it up to do so. This is something I have not the slightest respect for and destroys the value of the review and opinion.

And so sorry you feel aggrieved, Sadako- but my position, and my opinion on what you say, remains exactly the same. No, I do not believe the story you got from DL, and in fact it is demonstrable that it was wrong, because we know for a fact that GL only started to plan a film AFTER the first few episodes were completed, which is way after whatever claim you are making. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you were fed bad info, and that is also a fact. That whole idea is completely wrong. There was no plan, there was no idea that got later picked up on. There was only a spontaneous decision by GL in the last half of last year. You might possibly have had some grounds to say that the series was being predicted there. But not the film that came out- not in any way, sense or form- because that was a spontaneous decision made years afterwards, that had nothing to do with any earlier ideas at all.

People can try and claim a pathetic monopoly saying that anyone whoi didn't know before February is not a hardcore fan, somehow. But it won't wash. People posting in these SW sections are as much fans as any of you are- some long before you were born- and for all of them the official announcement was the time the speculation began- as this very area shows. That is the proof and the fact of the matter. Barely anyone here cared about the November annoucement (not that you actually said anything until December, Nac)- that's how insiginificant it was. Everyone cared about the official February one.

Bottom line- widespread speculation and analysis of the film only began in February after the official announcement. Fact. Only then did anything come out to look at, analyse, speculate about etc. Delude yourself otherwise if you wish. But the facts back me.

Nac said quite clearly he was waiting two years for this film. He was lying, and he did it because he wanted to sound cool in putting the film down. So no-one should forget what the base of all of this is- a silly lie by Nac to make up part of a rubbish review. If people make up lies in their reviews, then I am damn well going to point out that lie, repeatedly if I have to. I won't ever get tired of that, so best for Nac to just admit it.

No-one has actually and accurately been waiting two years for this film at all. No-one. People saying so are either lying or mistaken. Sorry- that's just so. GL himself was only waiting one year, because he only decided to start making it a year before its release, and even then he was not certain he would do it until months later, and that pretty much is where that argument ends. Any attempt to claim that you knew it would happen before GL did is plainly ludicrous.

You truly are unable to admit your wrong aren't you?

You said that NO ONE knew that the movie was coming. We proved you wrong!
When did I ever say that I was waiting two years for The Clone Wars MOVIE? I was referring to The Clone Wars in general. The whole approach was a let down!! However, you are right, since The Clone Wars was announced back in 05 I guess you could say I waited three years, not two, "GOD I'm such a liar!!!!" Quit defending crap like this, not everything George Lucas touches turns to gold!!!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your whole argument is based off a lie to make me look bad, the more you try to defend what you say the more credibility you lose!

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Sep 25th, 2008 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, DK, do not add anything at all.

What ever happened to "Practice what you preach" Ush? I haven't seen anything truly useful come from you in years... save for seceral banned noobs.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
What ever happened to "Practice what you preach" Ush? I haven't seen anything truly useful come from you in years... save for seceral banned noobs.

That's not cool Jac, there are the RP games....

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 03:58 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Oh, yea... Banned Noobs and RP games...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is an utterly contemptible and unintelligent way to represent the argument-

That you have nothing but contempt for me is of no great shock to anyone, I'm sure.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Trying to make out I;ve contributed nothing to the SW area is so feeble as to warrant nothing more than total dismissal.

And I never made any lie of the type you said, Nac, so just go back and read my posts properly. The only outright lie was your claim of two years, which you know full well to be utterly wrong. You can try and shift your position now to say you were not referring to the movie, even though this is a thread about the movie and erverything is connected to the move and talking about the movie and it is way, way too early to comment on the series and that in the conrtext of the thread it is obvious you were referring to the movie... but no-one will believe that.

Im the end, there wasn't any hype for this movie. The vast majority of the population had no idea it was coming at all (like bardock), and the vast majority of dedicated fans only got six months notice. It's the least hyped major Star Wars product I've ever seen.

Heck, The Force Unleashed got more publicity than this did.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 25th, 2008 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Nactous
Quit defending crap like this, not everything George Lucas touches turns to gold!!!

Actually if you think about it, usually whatever GL touches these days turns to a smoldering pile of

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 26th, 2008 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 02:04 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

... but no-one will believe that.

No, see, no one else thinks that arguing the point makes them the biggest Star Wars fan. Most people don't think that every time Lucas cracks his lips that they need to drop to their knees. Believing it and caring are two different things. Being a SW fan and not tearing off a post-it note is not something that every fan does when they have decided to not be abused by the alpha/omega creator of what has trickled down to a "take it and love it" kind of attitude. I'm sure that there is no shortage of "dedicated fans" who are no longer scribbling a release date in their day planner. Watching something they care very much for being pissed all over might no longer appeal to them.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Allright, looks like the usual suspects turned up to make a huge fuss about nothing again. Last time this went on, it got ugly and people got banned. Take the thing to court or whatever... not in here.

If you want to present facts, go ahead, but present facts.

But this bickering is pointless. Cut it out or this thread gets closed or worse... posters get closed.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 09:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trying to make out I;ve contributed nothing to the SW area is so feeble as to warrant nothing more than total dismissal.

And I never made any lie of the type you said, Nac, so just go back and read my posts properly. The only outright lie was your claim of two years, which you know full well to be utterly wrong. You can try and shift your position now to say you were not referring to the movie, even though this is a thread about the movie and erverything is connected to the move and talking about the movie and it is way, way too early to comment on the series and that in the conrtext of the thread it is obvious you were referring to the movie... but no-one will believe that.

Im the end, there wasn't any hype for this movie. The vast majority of the population had no idea it was coming at all (like bardock), and the vast majority of dedicated fans only got six months notice. It's the least hyped major Star Wars product I've ever seen.

Heck, The Force Unleashed got more publicity than this did.

You can sure bet that Force.net new of it! Your also inferring that I mentioned the movie, which I never did....

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 12:58 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
Allright, looks like the usual suspects turned up to make a huge fuss about nothing again. Last time this went on, it got ugly and people got banned. Take the thing to court or whatever... not in here.

But this bickering is pointless. Cut it out or this thread gets closed or worse... posters get closed.

Ive presented nothing but facts Queeq, and Ush knows it too...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 01:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

So?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 02:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair enough.

I can live with your not believeing him. I did. Thats all.
Whether I it was ultimately his speculation or not, I was willing to go with it, credibility wise, since he was a LFL employee.

Its not about eliteism. I was simply saying that:
(a) I didn't imagine it. I didnt pull stuff randomly out of my arse.
(b) Other people knew also that the series was coming (not about the movie), and they happened to be hardcore fans too.

Anyways...

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Sep 27th, 2008 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by queeq

Yup. People stopped arguing, but instead of leading by example, Ush continued to argue his moot point, and naturally Nac and I returned to show him the error of his views.

But anyway, aslong as Ush plays the good mod card and leads by example (As in not continuing to bicker after another mod said not to) from here on out I shall personally drop it. As for Nac... well... you never know.

Oh, and Sadako was there too... heh... almost forgot...embarrasment

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 28th, 2008 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 01:42 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

You know what kills me, Ziro the hutt was supposed to speak Hutese but GL wanted him to sound like Truman Capote.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 10:17 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
GL wanted him to sound like Truman Capote.

Who can argue with the BIGGEST Star Wars fan of all time?

You can take that as a Hutt joke OR a George Lucas joke; it's up to the person reading it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 03:15 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Yup. People stopped arguing, but instead of leading by example, Ush continued to argue his moot point, and naturally Nac and I returned to show him the error of his views.

But anyway, aslong as Ush plays the good mod card and leads by example (As in not continuing to bicker after another mod said not to) from here on out I shall personally drop it. As for Nac... well... you never know.

Oh, and Sadako was there too... heh... almost forgot...embarrasment

queeq was referring to the irrelevant parts of the argument, like the nonsense that DK keeps trying to bring to the table. So it is about time you quit it with your mod attacks, which you know are not allowed.

Nac has not presented facts at all- as ever, I will continue to point out where he has so erred, and will do so if he does again.

The point needed to be made that hype for this movie was virtually non-existent, no matter what people like to say.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There was a hype? wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 02:26 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

queeq was referring to the irrelevant parts of the argument, like the nonsense that DK keeps trying to bring to the table. So it is about time you quit it with your mod attacks, which you know are not allowed.

Nac has not presented facts at all- as ever, I will continue to point out where he has so erred, and will do so if he does again.

The point needed to be made that hype for this movie was virtually non-existent, no matter what people like to say.

I call it as I see it, Ush. The argument ended YOU re-kindled it.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 29th, 2008 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 03:05 PM