KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars - reviews

The Clone Wars - reviews
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
queeq was referring to the irrelevant parts of the argument, like the nonsense that DK keeps trying to bring to the table. So it is about time you quit it with your mod attacks, which you know are not allowed.

Nac has not presented facts at all- as ever, I will continue to point out where he has so erred, and will do so if he does again.

The point needed to be made that hype for this movie was virtually non-existent, no matter what people like to say.

I brought you, in lettering that there were leaks of the release date, that there was hype. Not everybody heard it, but there was. Yet you still defend "you opinions" against "my fact!"

If this was a trial youd be disbarred faster than Jack Thompson!

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 06:30 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
So?

What do you mean so?!?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

So it is about time you quit it with your mod attacks, which you know are not allowed.

I don't really get the argument you're having with them, but I think the reality is that no one's allowed to disagree with the moderators of Ush and Queeq's Star Wars Forum.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
I call it as I see it, Ush. The argument ended YOU re-kindled it.

Saying you 'call it as you see it' is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand. Go back and read what I said again, and what queeq wanted no more of. A debate about posters mis=-representing hype in their reviews was and still is ongoing.

Nac- you call a vague comment from hasbro that virtually no-one paid any attention to 'hype'? You call THAT a fact? That's utterly feeble. The fact is that there was no hype/ To say otherwise is idiocy. I am amazed anyone could possib ly think there was any damn hype for this movie- that is an utterely ludicrous and frankly stupid statement. Anyone with any sense knows that the hype here was virtually none- almost no-one knew the damn film existed! I am stunned anyone could make such a statement in all seriousness, I truly am. Good Lord. That kind of thing makes me sad. Even Sadako- who originally made the comment- corrected himself later, saying 'hype' was the wrong word. You are entirely alone in thinking there was anything approaching hype here.

This was an unhyped film; the least hyped major product in Star Wars history. A major Star Wars release that the majority of the population didn't know was coming until AFTER it came out. And so reviews that suggested it WAS hyped are fully entitled to be criticised for such an error.

And that's as far from the reality as it is possible to be, DK. That's just your personal hatred coming out.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Saying you 'call it as you see it' is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand. Go back and read what I said again, and what queeq wanted no more of. A debate about posters mis=-representing hype in their reviews was and still is ongoing.

September 11, 2008 @ 12:02 pm: A post by nactous refuting an argument made by you.

September 16, 2008 @ 8:41 am: A post by Queeq that said to stop the bickering (5 days after the bickering ended, I might add)

September 16, 2008 @ 11:38: am: A post by nactous saying "not to wory It's over now"

September 25, 2008 @ 4:48 am: A post by Ushgarak which lead to the continuing of an argument that had appeared to end 2 weeks before.

I don't care about the argument about how long Nac has waited or if there was any hype or blah... blah... blah... but what I do care about is showing you that this argument that you find to be so idiotic continued because YOU made the one post which allowed it to.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well it is not even vageuly your place to care or to waste time with off-topic posts like that. I have already explained this point- the argument I am having is relevant to the thread; refuting incorrect comments made by Nac is relevant to that argument.

Now, if you do not care about that, stop posting about it. If you have something relevant to add, say it. If not, then you have no business posting. Simple as that.

If people keep chipping in with their irrelevant opinions that are just there to criticise and add nothing relevant to the thread at all there will be warnings going out. And don't even try the tired old line of turning that back on me- my previous posts have been relevant to the argument and this post is relevant to stop disruptive posts like yours.

I mean it about the warnings if this thread keeps getting spammed, so my advice is to keep quiet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Devil King
I don't really get the argument you're having with them, but I think the reality is that no one's allowed to disagree with the moderators of Ush and Queeq's Star Wars Forum.

This is getting a tad stale by now. We don't debate board policy. Disagree all you want but board policy is off limits for debating purposes. That should be clear by now. Move along.... again.... please.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 09:58 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Well it is not even vageuly your place to care or to waste time with off-topic posts like that. I have already explained this point- the argument I am having is relevant to the thread; refuting incorrect comments made by Nac is relevant to that argument.

Now, if you do not care about that, stop posting about it. If you have something relevant to add, say it. If not, then you have no business posting. Simple as that.

If people keep chipping in with their irrelevant opinions that are just there to criticise and add nothing relevant to the thread at all there will be warnings going out. And don't even try the tired old line of turning that back on me- my previous posts have been relevant to the argument and this post is relevant to stop disruptive posts like yours.

I mean it about the warnings if this thread keeps getting spammed, so my advice is to keep quiet.

So be it...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

In hopes of ending this "debate" I hearby present the un-edited FACTS.

Nactous HAS waited for two years, because he did some digging and found out that the movie was being made, I know this because he called me up and told me as soon as he found it. Lucasfilm DID know that they were going to make the movie, and if you had ANY business sense you would know that timing has to be right to release information about a project at a precice time, or event to generate excitement. When Hasbro announced it, LF had to cover it up, this kind of thing is a regular occourance in the wide world of business

Allow me to give you the definition of Hype:

to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually fol. by up): IE. She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.

You don't need multitudes of people to have hype, to say that hype was non-existant is to say that NOONE was stimulated, excited, or agitated by this movie, which you KNOW is not true from the statements given in this very thread.

However the hype you speak of the common conception of hype, which is multitudes of people going "OMG, I can't wait this is going to be so freaking awesome!"

Now, can this please end so that we can get back to what this thread was intended for, which is reviewing this movie!

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 30th, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 12:33 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is getting a tad stale by now. We don't debate board policy. Disagree all you want but board policy is off limits for debating purposes. That should be clear by now. Move along.... again.... please.

You have just blatantly illustrated you have no idea why I have been so adamant about what I'm saying. You still have yet to figure out I'm not talking about board policy and never have been. I have never once said that board policy should be negotiated. In fact, I said exactly and specifically that canon is there to support discussions and debate if people choose to engage in them. My point all along has been that it is a matter of preference to subscribe to it or not on an individual basis as the person so chooses in their personal acceptance of the mythology.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You just don't learn, do you.

If you want the debate to end, JLR, stop talking about it. That usually works just fine.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:41 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

You just don't learn, do you.

If you want the debate to end, JLR, stop talking about it. That usually works just fine.

You're right... some times it takes a bigger man not to rise to the bait of fools.

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

Originally posted by Devil King
Who can argue with the BIGGEST Star Wars fan of all time?

I think that this movie has proven that GL has lost sight of what he wanted has invisioned for Star Wars, and it has only become a way for him to line his pockets.

He used to know what story telling was about, but now he has become a shrewd buisness man... which is why Star Wars has declined so greatly in it's quality... sad

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Sep 30th, 2008 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:31 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ush, I have countered every point that you've presented. Whether you think the info is satisfactory enough is irrelevant. Bottom line, some people did know the movie was coming and they were let down the most.
I believe this argument was born out of the fact that no one shared your opinion about the movie and you've been making excuses for it since. No matter the turnout everyone would still think it sucks. The golden age of Star Wars as we know it appears to be done with unfortunately...(At least on the big screen)

"The wait is over."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

THat's it. CLOSING. mad

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:31 PM
queeq
Chaos

The end

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 06:32 PM