KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I heard from Ign that this and the next episode really suffer from battle droids being annoying and silly

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Looks like this will be good fun.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

the point is: they're battledroids... Droids that in Episode III say "stop right there" and aim at R2; who than happily goes on an attempt to electricute one of them. What's the reaction? He gets kicked.
A battle droid should shoot him to smithereens...
Or when R2 sets fire on two of them... what were they doing there? They should have just shot him.

The point is, they're programmed for battle (hence the name) or have programming in piloting etc. They're not programmed to goof around (for instance: in EpIII in the elevator: "Drop your weapons!" followed by every battle droid saying "roger" twice...), they're programmed to patrol, search&destroy, etc...

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Yeah, cause the Stormtroopers were, like, totally all uber evil and badass. Competent, too, unless met with the mighty force of Ewoks.

Dude, stop nitpicking about one scene. Not every bit of comic relief is 'childish'- sometimes, a little slapstick in an otherwise serious event helps. This isn't LotR- this is Star Wars, and a healthy sense of humor always helps to bring SW up. Besides, one scene like that doesn't make the first hour 'childish' or kid-friendly or whatever. Honestly, RotS is the only movie in the six that has scenes and themes which genuinely aren't 'kid-friendly'.

All that being said, however, I don't think there's a single SW movie that is made specifically for kids. If some of the more 'hardcore' fans could relax, they may find Jar Jar amusing, or at least tolerable. Instead of waiting to jump at the next scene that has the slightest element of childishness, just chill. All of the 'kiddy' stuff in the prequels suddenly become so much more tolerable.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Yeah, cause the Stormtroopers were, like, totally all uber evil and badass. Competent, too, unless met with the mighty force of Ewoks.

Dude, stop nitpicking about one scene. Not every bit of comic relief is 'childish'- sometimes, a little slapstick in an otherwise serious event helps. This isn't LotR- this is Star Wars, and a healthy sense of humor always helps to bring SW up. Besides, one scene like that doesn't make the first hour 'childish' or kid-friendly or whatever. Honestly, RotS is the only movie in the six that has scenes and themes which genuinely aren't 'kid-friendly'.

All that being said, however, I don't think there's a single SW movie that is made specifically for kids. If some of the more 'hardcore' fans could relax, they may find Jar Jar amusing, or at least tolerable. Instead of waiting to jump at the next scene that has the slightest element of childishness, just chill. All of the 'kiddy' stuff in the prequels suddenly become so much more tolerable.

I'm sorry, but it is pretty much aimed at children. And ROTS didn't have the only scenes that weren't "kid friendly".

Also, I think it would have been quite an interesting movie if they had gone at it having LOTR in mind. Probably not very Star Warsy, but could have been cool.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

Originally posted by Bardock42
I'm sorry, but it is pretty much aimed at children. And ROTS didn't have the only scenes that weren't "kid friendly".

I believe the average PT fan's age is about 17. RotS, quite simply, has a storyline that- like ESB's- is too complicated for young children to fully comrehend. Political overtones, for example. I doubt your average kid will understand analogies to the war on Iraq? Or things about democracy's nature? I doubt a kid will fully understand the nature of Anakin's turn to the dark side, as well.

The only scene that truly isn't 'kid-friendly' in the saga is Anakin's immolation. Other than that, what scene is there that isn't appropriate for young audiences to watch?

Originally posted by Bardock42
Also, I think it would have been quite an interesting movie if they had gone at it having LOTR in mind. Probably not very Star Warsy, but could have been cool.

Nah. LotR and Star Wars are very different things that I doubt will mesh together well.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I don't see how the retarded droids are any sillier than the Ewoks, and 3p0's retarded shenanigans.

They don't. As I said, I feel we are getting MORE silly elements...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 12:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I believe the average PT fan's age is about 17. RotS, quite simply, has a storyline that- like ESB's- is too complicated for young children to fully comrehend. Political overtones, for example. I doubt your average kid will understand analogies to the war on Iraq? Or things about democracy's nature? I doubt a kid will fully understand the nature of Anakin's turn to the dark side, as well.

dude, don't overthink star wars.

I was talking about childish battledroids, not storm troopers. The fact that they can't hit anything except an off-camera sandcrawler is nothing new and does not diminish their status as "dangerous footsoldiers". In most, almost all, series, the main heroes never get hurt.
That they look silly on dewbacks... they can't help it, that was inserted later on for the special edition (and after the '80s Lucas clearly went for the wishes of the little kids). The only other thing I can think of was that they got beaten by teddybears who only had sticks and stones which is a huge plothole imo.
This is all I can think off, nothing childish about them. Or have I missed scenes?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe the average PT fan's age is about 17.

You're wrong.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

oh snap soo..this isn't the movie I seen @ the theatres, as I thought it was..

this is a whole new thing.

perfect!!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 01:33 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am unimpressed by the show.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How so?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 08:41 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't like shows where they nerf the bad guys so badly just to make the good guys look good. The battle droids, aside from being ****ing idiots, totally suck in combat as well. That puts me off.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 02:21 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 03:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You've never liked any Star Wars film then? What with the stormtroopers and all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, yeah. One of the reasons why I think the OT sucks, specifically ANH. I can't watch the death star scene and look at Luke standing in the absolutel open not getting hit once without cringing. Indiana Jones has similar problems.

The droids in the PT movies aren't as nerfed, neither are the clones. It makes a lot more sense for them to get their asses kicked by trained Jedi Knights than it does for Luke "farmboy with no cover" Skywalker to stand in one spo taking out trained storm troopers without a single scratch. It's just... irritating.

And let's not even mention the Ewoks.

That's why I like Lord of the Rings. smile

edit- But, srsly. THe OT isn't an inherently bad movie at all. I just heavily dislike the black and white, good guys are better and always good and bad guys suck and are ultimate bad" type of story telling. I dislike that in any movie.

though LotR seems to be the exception...

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Oct 4th, 2008 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 06:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe you take fantasy/sci fi movies a tad too seriously.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 09:08 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Bravo.

I've been trying to say that for years.

I like George.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by queeq
Maybe you take fantasy/sci fi movies a tad too seriously.

Nah.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2008 09:33 PM
Peach
mordrem

How can anyone like the PT more than the OT? That just...doesn't compute.

Anyway, I rather liked this. Yes, it's silly and light-hearted but it still has the Star Wars feel to it.

Plus Yoda doing his crazy ESB laugh was freaking awesome.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote