KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » LUKE COULD VE BEEN A BETTER JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUKE COULD VE BEEN A BETTER JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by: koreanknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
koreanknight

LUKE COULD VE BEEN A BETTER JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK LUKE COULD VE BEEN A MUCH BETTER JEDI IF HE WAS TRAINED RITE FROM HE WAS A YOUNG INFANT

I THINK OBI WAN SHOULD VE KEPT LUKE WEN HE WAS A BABY AND TRAINED HIM TO BE A POWERULL POWERFULL JEDI TO DEFEAT VADER AND PALP,
AND NOT GIVEN HIM TO OWEN. YA KNOE? DONT U THINK HE WOULD VE BEEN A GREATER JEDI IF OBI WAN HAD DONE THIS?

OR MAYBE OBI WAN COULD VE LEFT LUKE WITH YODA AND HE COULD BE TRAINED BY THE WISEST JEDI

I DONT THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA LEAVING LUKE WITH OWEN ALSO WEN HE DID GIVE LUKE TO OWEN HE SHOULD NT HAVE WAITED THAT LONG TO START HIS TRAINING

DONT GET ME WRONG LUKE IS A WICKED JEDI!!!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 06:53 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Well, I imagine that Luke was not raised by Obi-Wan cause Obi-Wan was always worried about Vader finding him. Plus, Owen and Beru is more of a family atmosphere for which Luke to be raised in. I guess he could have been better, but he was already good enough.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 07:23 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Right on JO, if Luke had started to train at an early age the Emperor and Vader would have senced him earlier as well.
And KK what`s with the uppercase letters, your point is taken regardless you write in uppercase letters or not.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 03:23 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yes, please drop the uppercase characters

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Actually, uppercase letters mean you're shouting. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe he's got a hearing problem. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 06:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Back on topic please...laughing out loud

And I agree KK..he could have been a better jedi..but it seems that with Luke it was a case of being "good enough" for the circumstances.

BTW...moving this to OT..

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth V

I'm sure Obi Wan was afraid of training Luke. What if he failed? (again!).
Why he wasn't trained by Yoda on Degobah, I guess is because of the weird dark side pressence. Yoda had to bee there because he was hiding and the dark pressence would help, but could a young fragile boy resist the temptation of the dark side when it was so strong??? I think not.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:44 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I doubt he was afraid of training luke as that would have lead him to the dark side, however I do agree that he was most likely cautious of the harm it may have caused!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: ...

Agreed, but I think they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Someone had to stop Palpatine and, for all his power, Yoda knew he was too old to triumph. Ben took the greater sacrafice and that leaft Luke and Leia.

At the time Leia was too busy, and unaware of her heritage and Luke was just learning. In 4 years he went from Farm boy to Jedi Knight, no mean feat I would imagine, but he did learn only what was required and not the entire Jedi Knight program.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Plus we are not real sure what happens to the kids in the next two films. Maybe Padme doesn't want her children to be trained after what she saw happen to Anakin. My guess is that she told Obi-Wan to only train her children in the most "desperate hour." Afterall, Obi-Wan has this thing of doing what people who are about to die tell him to do. It would be kind of ironic....EPI ending with Qui-Gon telling Obi-Wan to train the boy and EPIII ending with Padme telling Obi-Wan not to train the kids.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 01:13 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was always fairly certain that Obi-Wan's non-training of Luke was something that would be explained, at least partially, in the next two films at some point.

I still don't think Luke was a 'wicked Jedi.' Only a Padawan, from what we see of him.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Well, at the end of ROTJ he is a Jedi, cause Yoda said so. All Luke needed to do was confront Vader to become a Jedi and he did that, so my guess is that Luke Skywalker is a full fledged Jedi Knight by the end of EP VI.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 02:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But still only with the abilities of a Padawan (and an enormous force link, of course). Not the brilliant Jedi people some people think he is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Thats true I guess, but he did do something no other Jedi did. He faced Palpatine and Vader both and lived. Sure Palpatine would have probably killed him, but had Luke not thrown his lightsaber to the side I am sure he could have killed him. Either way, Luke is the without a doubt the greatest hero of the trilogy, nobody can deny that.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 12:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's probably true, though I get the feeling that GL wants to pitch it as Anakin.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 02:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

And he'll have a hell of a job doing that. 23 years of heroism to overcome in less than 6 years.

And don't forget Luke was succesfull at turning from using the dark side.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 02:40 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I'm sure Luke could have been a better Jedi, but when you're short on time and running out of teachers, you're on your own. How much more could he have learned on Dagobah if he hadn't gone to Bespin ? Leia and Chewie and Lando could have probably still gotten away and Solo would still have been frozen in carbonite. I still don't get that crap Yoda laid on Luke about "help them you could, but you would destroy all for which they have fought". Luke didn't destroy anything...confronted Vader and lived to tell about it (obviously he got enough training for that, except for losing his hand and ending up in one of George's shafts stick out tongue )
Luke also contacted Leia with the Force for the first time (well I guess he learned enough to do that too!!) and even though they had to run back in the Falcon to pick Luke up, R2 would have fixed the hyperdrive anyway. I think Luke did pretty darn good with what training we saw (and didn't see) him get and I think he should be given a lot of credit for that. smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zareil

Luke as a jedi

Isn't it possible that there are different classifications of being a jedi knight. As in Luke may still be considered to be a Padawan. Similar to Obi Wan being reffered to as a Jedi in Episode One except by his master who reffered to him as his Padawan. Maybe there is a certain level which need to be obtained to officially be a Jedi although may still be in the status of being a PAdawan trainee, similar as to how a jedi knight may become a Jedi Master.

You see its all possible as anything is true to a certain point of view...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 06:21 PM