KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I don't see how the retarded droids are any sillier than the Ewoks, and 3p0's retarded shenanigans.

The droids were perfectly fine in Ep1 and Ep2, they did what they were supposed to do: shoot stuff. In Ep1 they killed Naboo soldiers, Gungans, acted in formations, had decent voice acting. Ep2 they basically did the same thing but also killed Jedi, the only real silly part was 3PO getting his head swapped, but that was tolerable. Ep3 they had their voices changed to a higher pitch, they became stupid comic relief to contrast to the onscreen slaughter of clones and Jedi. The tv series is taking it further, they hardly act as mindless killing droids, they have been watered down and can't be taken as a serious threat, with the exception of when they have a massive army and are fighting pretty much just clones. Ep2 showed us a relatively small army could easily take down down a couple hundred Jedi, since then they cant even take down a Padawan with no field combat experience.

But anyways back to topic, we dont get this aired for another month So......torrent time evil face

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 06:49 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good point.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:05 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Just finished watching Ambush, pretty cool.

But whats with the SBD voices? Ep2 they have no voice, Ep3 they have the same high pitched voice as every other droid, now they have a deeper voice? Wish Lucas would stop screwing around already..
And to add to the droid rant above, they are real fecking annoying now, they don't even follow orders erm

I wonder if they'll bring in any dark side Jedi from the comics or whatnot, Ventress and Dooku arent really interesting enough since they can't die in the series. Ventress especially has been completely useless so far - can't kill Anakin, can't kill Ahsoka, can't kill Obi Wan and can't kill Yoda. She's deadly in the comics and worthless so far in the show.

Now to watch #2

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:22 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Peach
That just...doesn't compute.

I know, Lana. I know it doesn't. It's... in your nature.

big grin

quote:
The droids were perfectly fine in Ep1 and Ep2, they did what they were supposed to do: shoot stuff. In Ep1 they killed Naboo soldiers, Gungans, acted in formations, had decent voice acting. Ep2 they basically did the same thing but also killed Jedi, the only real silly part was 3PO getting his head swapped, but that was tolerable. Ep3 they had their voices changed to a higher pitch, they became stupid comic relief to contrast to the onscreen slaughter of clones and Jedi. The tv series is taking it further, they hardly act as mindless killing droids, they have been watered down and can't be taken as a serious threat, with the exception of when they have a massive army and are fighting pretty much just clones. Ep2 showed us a relatively small army could easily take down down a couple hundred Jedi, since then they cant even take down a Padawan with no field combat experience.

So were you agreeing with me?

And yes, I'm prety much done with the show's retarded ass droids.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

With the show as well?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 07:06 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Everyone needs to stop worrying so much about the silliness. Im sure as the series goes on it will get much darker. Grievous was said to be a jedi killer, so why would they put him in a series without him killing any jedi. We know that some time in the series that Anakins apprentice will most likely be killed, so yeah i say it will have some dark scenes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Everyone needs to stop worrying so much about the silliness. Im sure as the series goes on it will get much darker. Grievous was said to be a jedi killer, so why would they put him in a series without him killing any jedi. We know that some time in the series that Anakins apprentice will most likely be killed, so yeah i say it will have some dark scenes.

Again character dying does not equal a dark scene.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I say it does. Name a scene that would be darker.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

This is a kiddie series, I doubt it will go darker.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:08 PM
Bardock42

I say it does. Name a scene that would be darker.
A scene that would be darker than someone quickly being killed and never mentioned again?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

All the jedi that died in ep.3 were never mentioned in the OT, so would you say ep.3 was not considered to be dark.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:18 PM
Bardock42

All the jedi that died in ep.3 were never mentioned in the OT, so would you say ep.3 was not considered to be dark.
You failed Logic 101 hardcore, didn't you?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:22 PM
Dominis

How so?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:44 PM
Bardock42

How so?

I said "Death does not make a dark scene" you took that as "A scene where someone dies in can't be dark". Quite different those.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 09:46 PM
Dominis

And i asked what would be a dark scene to you. You said a scene that would be darker(you using the word "darker" means you admitt that it would be dark) than someone getting killed fast, and then not mentioned again. So i brought up ep.3 and etc...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 10:16 PM
Bardock42

And i asked what would be a dark scene to you. You said a scene that would be darker(you using the word "darker" means you admitt that it would be dark) than someone getting killed fast, and then not mentioned again. So i brought up ep.3 and etc...

Incorrect.

You were asking me to name a scene that would be "darker".

To which I inquired whether you meant a scene where someone, for example, just gets killed suddenly, and is not mentioned again. The word "darker" came from you. Besides...it doesn't imply that I think it is dark at all, it may be 0 dark, there would be "darker" scenes anyways. Again, failing that 101, mate.

So, as to answer your question, I would find a scene, for example, where a young woman contemplates having an abortion with some disturbing imagery and dark music in the background, showing her deep despair either way, as darker than a quick kill.

It's beside the point though, all I was saying is that, even if a few Jedi get killed in that show, it won't necessarily make it much dark.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 10:22 PM
Dominis

A dark scene is not defined by the back ground music. It is what happens that defines it. You are saying that jedi being killed without dark music wouldn't be a dark scene.

You can not describe a scene being "darker" if the other scene is not dark at all.

BTW how would you know how the jedi deaths happen. Do you think that if Anakin's apprentice died there would be no sense of emotion? Usually when a main character dies it would be considered a rather dark scene.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 10:33 PM
Bardock42

A dark scene is not defined by the back ground music. It is what happens that defines it. You are saying that jedi being killed without dark music wouldn't be a dark scene.

No. Show where I said that.

You can not describe a scene being "darker" if the other scene is not dark at all.

Yes, yes you can. What the f**k?

BTW how would you know how the jedi deaths happen. Do you think that if Anakin's apprentice died there would be no sense of emotion? Usually when a main character dies it would be considered a rather dark scene.

Again...I did not say that it won't be dark. I just said that someone dying, alone, does not make a scene "dark". Christ, what's wrong with people's reading comprehension.

And again, it very much depends on delivery and set up. If it's an unlikable ass, or a very dull character and nothing really "dark" happens in the scene except for them dying, then it is not a particularly "dark" scene. You are fighting against wind-mills, friend. I did not state what you think I stated.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2008 10:39 PM
Dominis

A scene where someone dies is dark, but the scene is not? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Any scene that has an act of darkness would be considered a dark scene. Maybe not a very dark scene, but a dark scene nonetheless.

When you say a scene is darker than another scene, it is another way of saying it is even more dark. How can you describe a scene as being darker(meaning more) if the other scene is not dark at all. It is like saying Satan(the lord of evil) is eviler than God(lord of all that is good and righteous), when God is not evil at all.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 12:23 AM
Bardock42

A scene where someone dies is dark, but the scene is not? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I didn't say that though. I said almost the opposite actually.

Any scene that has an act of darkness would be considered a dark scene. Maybe not a very dark scene, but a dark scene nonetheless.

I guess you could argue that. But generally someone would call something a "dark" scene that has lots or very strong dark elements, not just a little bit.

When you say a scene is darker than another scene, it is another way of saying it is even more dark. How can you describe a scene as being darker(meaning more) if the other scene is not dark at all. It is like saying Satan(the lord of evil) is eviler than God(lord of all that is good and righteous), when God is not evil at all.

So? You can, of course, logically, say that Satan is mor evil than God. It would make perfect sense and not imply that God is even a bit evil at all.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 12:35 AM