KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Just please when you expalin something, explain it in a normal fashion.

Maybe not as dark as a horror movie, but dark for a kid series.

Again, a few Jedi died in the earlier Clone Wars series, it was hardly dark really. Not even for a children series.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, not even for a kdis series. Look at the old comic book TAS serieses. Those could be considered dark.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:57 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

The first clone wars series did not get as deep as these series will. Killing is maybe the darkest you can get in a kid series. Any more darker and it wouldn't be considered a kids series.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Comic book TAS...

Anime. no expression

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Comic book TAS...

Anime. no expression

Are more for adult teens.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 03:21 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Question, is THIS the TV series that everyone's been waiting for? I've kind of been out of the loop, I thought there was going to be a live action one? Is that still coming or what?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 04:30 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are more for adult teens.

uh- no. No they're not. Naruto airs on the equevilent of FOX Kids and Kids WB in Japan, and that shows people getting split in half, exploding, crushed to death, impaled, many sexual themes, etc.

Don't like Naruto? There's plenty of others. You probably don't know much about Anim eas far as classes.

Shonen Anime (Naruto, DBZ ( I think), Pokemon, etc. are made for little kids and adolescents. Shonen literally is a boy who's age is from elementary school to middle school.

edit- I just checked.

Shonen is considred "appropiate" for kids age 8-18. So yeah, it's cool for 8 year olds to watch kids explode.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Oct 7th, 2008 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 04:35 AM
Dominis

uh- no. No they're not. Naruto airs on the equevilent of FOX Kids and Kids WB in Japan, and that shows people getting split in half, exploding, crushed to death, impaled, many sexual themes, etc.

Don't like Naruto? There's plenty of others. You probably don't know much about Anim eas far as classes.

Shonen Anime (Naruto, DBZ ( I think), Pokemon, etc. are made for little kids and adolescents. Shonen literally is a boy who's age is from elementary school to middle school.

edit- I just checked.

Shonen is considred "appropiate" for kids age 8-18. So yeah, it's cool for 8 year olds to watch kids explode.

Im not talking about in Japan. Power rangers in Japan also had a lot of fowl language. The ratings are different in Japan. Please believe if a cartoon was made in the US with people getting chopped in half, people getting crushed to death, or a lot of sexual themes, it wouldn't be a kids show here in the US.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:07 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Question, is THIS the TV series that everyone's been waiting for? I've kind of been out of the loop, I thought there was going to be a live action one? Is that still coming or what?
No, that's the series that has been pulled in between cause the idea of a live action show is so badass that Lucas needs a year or two more to screw it up.

Still coming though.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 11:20 AM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Bardock42
No, that's the series that has been pulled in between cause the idea of a live action show is so badass that Lucas needs a year or two more to screw it up.

Still coming though.

Damn. That's the one I was looking forward to. I think they've pretty much milked the Clone Wars as much as possible already.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:44 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There's many more episodes to come.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 05:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant believe I waited three years for this...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im not talking about in Japan. Power rangers in Japan also had a lot of fowl language. The ratings are different in Japan. Please believe if a cartoon was made in the US with people getting chopped in half, people getting crushed to death, or a lot of sexual themes, it wouldn't be a kids show here in the US.

Then why mention anime, the majority of which is made in Japan?

What you mean to say is that Anime is made for children as well as adults, but American bastardization makes it for kids.

But even then Dragon Ball Z and Batman, both of which aired on Cartoon Network and thus were made for kids, showed people get killed in pretty dark fashions...

But it doesn't matter, ebcause you're abck peddiling now. Yoiu're stance now is that people dying in a kids show is dark for american kids. That doesn't matter though, because American kids are all punks and weiners.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:40 PM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by queeq
Hmmm... looks like SW has gone officially silly.
No offense but it has always been silly. A couple years ago I thought ESB was the ****. After watching it this summer and listening to Chewbaca and the whole theme.............yea I think it was intended that way.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think ESB was very silly.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:32 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Only caught the last 10 mins of it, was alright in a toonish fashion. Will watch a few more before I make judgement.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

FAir enough.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 08:40 PM
Hazardous

Originally posted by Nactous
I cant believe I waited three years for this...

Yeah, you should probably kill yourself now.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 02:50 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Then why mention anime, the majority of which is made in Japan?

What you mean to say is that Anime is made for children as well as adults, but American bastardization makes it for kids.

But even then Dragon Ball Z and Batman, both of which aired on Cartoon Network and thus were made for kids, showed people get killed in pretty dark fashions...

But it doesn't matter, ebcause you're abck peddiling now. Yoiu're stance now is that people dying in a kids show is dark for american kids. That doesn't matter though, because American kids are all punks and weiners.

A lot of anime is also aired in the U.S. The more adult themed ones are not listed as a kids cartoon in the U.S. BTW you are the one who brought up anime.

You are missing the point. I said it can not get any wose than killing, or it would not really be considered a series for kids.

And what does your opinion of American kids have to do with anything?

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 8th, 2008 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 05:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

Okay, the whole anime/dark stuff is off topic.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 05:33 PM