KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Epsiode 8 Bombad Jedi

Epsiode 8 Bombad Jedi
Started by: Hybris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kevin_Rubio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Why can't C-3PO be a Jedi?

no midicoloreans.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Kevin_Rubio a Private Message Find more posts by Kevin_Rubio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kevin_Rubio
What do you want to know, and who the hell would claim to be me. I have a real boring life.

How about a personal photo of me and my SSO?
now post one of you flipping the camera off with one eye closed and your toungue sticking out. then I will believe you. wink

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

btw tag and Bink was pretty clever. If you are mr. rubio, did you write all of the clone wars? They don't seem to be as funny or clever as kevin rubio's usual work.

And any star wars fanatic who wanted to look cool on a star wars message board would pretend to be you.

However it would be cool to have someone in high places on the inside concerning star wars. maybe someone who could hear our complaints about cw and make it better...

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kevin_Rubio

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
btw tag and Bink was pretty clever. If you are mr. rubio, did you write all of the clone wars? They don't seem to be as funny or clever as kevin rubio's usual work.

And any star wars fanatic who wanted to look cool on a star wars message board would pretend to be you.

However it would be cool to have someone in high places on the inside concerning star wars. maybe someone who could hear our complaints about cw and make it better...

Mr. Rubio is my father. I'm Kevin. I did not write "all the clone wars" and in addition to me writing this script, it was also overseen by Henry Gilroy and had one re-write by Steen Melching, ut he's a buddy of mine and a better writer (I am funnier -- more funny though)

You are free to complain an not watch the show if you so choose but I have very little influence on the course of the show, other than what episode is assigned to me.

It's George's universe. I'm just a Jawa, trying to sell a droid

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Kevin_Rubio a Private Message Find more posts by Kevin_Rubio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kevin_Rubio

now post one of you flipping the camera off with one eye closed and your toungue sticking out. then I will believe you. wink

Not gonna happen. If you've ever met me, you'd know why, but how 'bout a picture with me and Big Bird?

Attachment: kev_&_pal_westwing.jpg
This has been downloaded 150 time(s).

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 11:20 PM
Hazardous

Mr. Rubio is my father. I'm Kevin. I did not write "all the clone wars" and in addition to me writing this script, it was also overseen by Henry Gilroy and had one re-write by Steen Melching, ut he's a buddy of mine and a better writer (I am funnier -- more funny though)

You are free to complain an not watch the show if you so choose but I have very little influence on the course of the show, other than what episode is assigned to me.

It's George's universe. I'm just a Jawa, trying to sell a droid

So do you write the story/events, or the whole dialogue and everything? 'Cause man....make those damn battle droids shut up! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 08:19 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

or at least say something mildly funny instead of incredibly stupid >.> the "can't hit anything" jokes only go so far, and they were only funny when general grevious killed for one.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 08:39 AM
S_D_J
Bane

no midicoloreans.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 04:24 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

or at least say something mildly funny instead of incredibly stupid >.> the "can't hit anything" jokes only go so far, and they were only funny when general grevious killed for one.

I guess is that's where George steps in.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 02:35 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Downloading now, what did people think?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 07:31 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by MIŠT

damn it, I forgot

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 05:06 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by MIŠT

I liked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: seeing how afraid Gunray actually was when he thought Jar Jar was a jedi. Found it funny when the clones called him "General"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2008 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

hehe... Jar Jar

... I don't know what to say about this episode...

just... Jar Jar

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 05:51 AM
Hazardous

It sucked, the only purpose was to capture Nute for the next episode, so they have something to do that doesn't involve Anakin/Obi Wan/Grievous.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 06:05 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I got done watching this episode over the weekend.
I gotta say, as an avid hater of Jar Jar back in the day, I found this episode to be pretty watchable...!
I know Kevin that your hands are tied if you want to write a death for a character who we know survives the Clone Wars, but I would say, if you were responsible, that the fake deaths "if only" moments were excellent.
I laughed out loud with pleasure before I came back to my senses and realised that he wouldnt actually be killed like that..
Threepio's lament was a nice touch too... "What a horrible death" etc lol

By the end of the episode after a couple more "Jar Jars dead for sure" moments, I felt like he had taken on the mantle of Kenny from Southpark.

So in the spirit of this I would ask you then, that if you COULD have killed Jar Jar, then how would you do it...?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 10:26 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have a horse destroy his colon.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have him emo commit suicide after being kicked out of the underwater naboo place. for being clumsy.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 08:09 AM
queeq
Chaos

Go ahead. Do us all a favour.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2008 12:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Bombad Jedi

Net Reaction: Negative

Season 1 Record: 3-(5)
Summary:
Wow. That could have been really bad and wasn’t.

Pros:
Jar Jar? Jar Jar.: Finally someone on camera acknowledges he’s a totally unhelpful klutz and not just a presence to be endured.

Crab Droid: Finally we see the scuttling buggers. Too bad it died by drowning...its called a CRAB droid and it can’t go in water?

I always knew something like this would happen: One of the greatest lines in the series. Suck it haters! It didn’t. At least this is perceptive dialogue on the part of the fans.

GREE! One of the greatest clones in the galaxy shows his green stripy face plate.

“Ches ko ba tuta creesta crenko ya kolska!": A Rodian with a spine. He even looks kind of badass when he’s got the gun on Gunray. No small feet to show a noble Rodian. Its refreshing.

TPM Jar Jar: At least it wasn’t as bad....oh it could have been bad. Yet, having a “bad” instead of a “disaster” is a mere consolation prize.

Cons:
Pointless: Once again, we have a pointless episode simple to set up a SINGLE plot point, the captue of Gunray. Could it PLEASE not have a greater significance to the plot? The entire event seems to have no significance to events further down the line. We learn that Padme is the worlds most gullible senator, following the Chancellor’s bad intel into a trp for the second time in 4 episodes. So hooray! Jar Jar playing dress up captured a Separatist leader! If that isn’t a contrivance...Then again, the only point was to capture Gunray so we could have a cool episode later. Maybe its jsut me, but I kind of want 22 quality episodes a season, not 11 plot-devoid episodes buildign up 11 good ones.

Jar Jar: Why bother? Ok so say we want to solve the Jar Jar conundrum...why did this episode fail? Lucas made a point of showing Jar Jar trying to be more mature in AOTC...why wasn’t that echoed here? OK trying to save Padme is noble, but doing it though sheer incompetence is weak sauce. I can never watch ROTS again and seeing a clone leap ontop of a spider droid and shoot shot after shot of blue plasma through its skullcasing without thinking of Jar Jar rodeo-ing the same droid off an all to convinient cliff. The antics with the crane were also horrible, and contrived. The worst offender of all? The dancing while the Droidekas are firing at him. Blasters burn, droidekas ALWAYS aim correctly (not at the ground in front of a targets’ feet). Don’t have him dance. Have him dive away, like he always does. Basically, an extremely limited amount of value was given to Jar Jar’s character. Does this really show that the good intentions in Jar Jar’s soul makes him a valid character? No. It doesn’t. Conundrum continues...

Uncle: Calling a Rodian your uncle seems more like the butt of a joke rather than a term of endearment.

Ewok Syndrome: The slug antics reminds me of the Rotta the Hutt ending where we felt the need to zoom into his bulbous face during the force theme to end the episode. The attack of the slug is contrived and WAY to happy at the end as he dances around to joyous music.

Rodia: Why is there only one type of tree? The environment outside the dome looked horrible.

Music: This time I will outright criticize the sound dept. The music, seemed RANDOM. We had this problem in Downfall of a droid too, and its starting to become a concern. So, Kiner and Filoni have this crazy theory that since every character in Star Wars has a theme, the clone was series should have every planet have a theme to set the environment and to offer a total disconnect from week to week. So, we are on Rodia, YAY! Rodia has celtic music. So when Jar Jar is bunbling around, there is just random little celtic jigs playing tin the background. They don’t fit the situation at all, they don’t fit Jar Jar at all. Its just “we’re on Rodia so there is celtic.” I’d expect higher standard form these folks. If its Episode 8 and we are already just playing background music with no relation to characters, what are we going to have to endure by episode 88? Rock music during Downfall of a droid is another offender.

Superstar: This is the 3rd in a row “character episode” we’ve had to endure and with the Luminara Episode and the Fisto episode to follow, this is going to be at minimum a 5 episode streak that expolres characters. At least Fisto and Luminara are RELEVANT.

Racism: I’m not one that sees it in Star Wars, but Gunray’s voice is a bit TOO much of a Chinese stereotype to be a non-issue.

What I want to see next:
Next week’s episode. No more Jar Jar unless we intend to contribute to his character. No more pointless feeder episodes.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Guess you're not that happy with the way the series is progressing...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 11:16 AM