KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Luke's Ladder

Luke's Ladder
Started by: Gundark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

Luke's Ladder

I saw this topic over at TFN and it never occurred to me before. In ESB, when Luke leaves Dagobah, he climbs up the ladder into his x wing. Then starts to take off. Uh....where does the ladder go ? It sure won't fit in the cockpit and it doesn't retract into the ship. Ideas ?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2001 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

It's only a ladder, so perhaps the Rebels are quite prepared to just discard them and leave them in the snow! Heh heh, imagine a load of ladders laying down across the wastes of Hoth.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2001 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Maby is the same as Jacobs ladder!laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 8th, 2001 09:27 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Who says it cannot retract into the ship?

queeq abides

Old Post Feb 9th, 2001 03:42 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I said so. They are just hooked on the edge. You can watch a guy lift one off Luke's ship at the end of ANH before he goes into battle when they ask him if he wants a new R2 unit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2001 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe there's a storage for it. The fact that we can't see it being hauled in, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's movie magic for you.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2001 01:11 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well I don't like it. If Luke didn't pull it in, it could have fallen down on top of Yoda. Now what do you think of that ?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2001 10:22 PM
finti

*yoda yoyoyoy yoda, met the little fellow at Dagobah he was wrinkle and green, and in a raspy voice he told me his name was yoda yoyoyo yoda* To the tune of Kinks LOLA
You can find the entire song on one of Weird Al Yankovic`s album. It is way cool.smile ehh what topic?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 04:26 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yeah I've got that song! "The long-term contract I had to sign, said we'd be making these movies till the end of time."

Darn, I'm so daft. I thought Gundy meant the scene where Luke leaves Hoth in his X-Wing. That's why I said all the rubbish about Hoth. stick out tongue
Well anyways, perhaps the ladder can sort of shorten and then fit underneath the X-Wing, packed against the hull if you know what I mean. Damn, I need to draw a diagram to show you.

<Darth Daft gets out a pencil and paper>

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yerial Poof

smile Its a good ladder.rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 08:46 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Its a good ladder ? What does that mean ? Nobody's gonna wish you into the cornfield for speaking your mind, man ! laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 12:00 AM
finti

Cornfield? is this amish talking.laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 01:53 PM
Ratcat

The xming one was a magical ladder, OBVIOUSLY. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

xming ? is this a new ship I've never heard of ? laughing out loud

and finti, that cornfield comment was from an old twilight zone episode that queeq and I rehashed on an old thread. If you would like me to explain it all again, just let me know. Or I'll be happy to send you a long, boring e-mail. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 02:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

*claps his hands* Oh yes, please tell. Storytime everyone. Auntie Gundy is gonna tell us a story.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 04:55 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

you are just begging for those clone wars to start early, queeq-darling, aren't you ? evil face

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 10:26 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yep.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 06:51 PM
Zareil

Its possible that there are two completely different types of ladder. The one used in the rebel base is the standard one but there is a weaker retractable one that is stored on the X-Wing (ming) and controlled by the Astromech

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 07:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes. I think that is a very good idea.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2001 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote