1) Darth Revan is a potential candidate, since his destroying of the Star Forge greatly reduced the Sith's numbers, at the same time, bringing about the eventual purge of the Jedi Order. His holocron also provided Bane with the foundation to create the Rule of Two, which would lead to the Jedi Order's downfall. He also was in a hair's reach from completely conquering the galaxy. Later, Kreia alluded to the idea that Revan was above the influence of the Dark Side. Revan indeed was above the darkside's influence and is one of the greatest Jedi in history, but still the most likely candidate for the Sith'ari as it is not necessary to be a Sith in order to be a Sith'ari. He is also the only candidate other than Darth Caedus to be able to use lightside and darkside powers at the same time, and not being able to do so is another restriction.
2) Darth Bane is a candidate, as he provided Kaan with the thought bomb, leading to the destruction of the Brotherhood of Darkness. Afterward he instituted the Rule of Two to make the Sith stronger than ever. It is also alluded to in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction that Bane is fulfilling an ideal that he found in the prophecy and Darth Revan's holocron. He is a very likely candidate as well.
3) Darth Vader is another candidate. His killing of Darth Sidious ended the Rule of Two and eventually brought forth the rise of Darth Caedus and Darth Krayt. However, he is the least likely candidate as the prophecy states "He will be free of all restrictions". All of Vader's limbs were cybernetic, disabling him from using Force lightning and other physical abilities. On the other hand, as the Chosen One he was likely conceived via the Force and had the highest Midi-chlorian count ever recorded, which would likely give him power "free of all restrictions".
4) Darth Caedus is a candidate due to the fact that he succeeded in mastering both light and darkside force powers, nearly conquered the galaxy, and having no restrictions to what he would do to achieve his goal, peace. However, it is highly unlikely that he is the Sith'ari as he is already the subject of the prophecy of the ancient Sith tassels.
5) Darth Krayt is a candidate due to the fact he destroyed the Rule of Two and created the Rule of One. He also had great influence over the galaxy as well as fear.
6) Darth Sidious is a candidate simply because he trained Darth Vader, who destroyed the Sith, and because he ruled more or less the entire galaxy for a considerable length of time.
Last edited by Darth Truculent on Dec 1st, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Sidious isn't the Sith'ari. Bane is. Bane was the one who restructured the Sith Order and enabled his lineage to eventually conquer over the Jedi and rule the galaxy, in effect making them better than they were before.
Sidious is definitely the most powerful and accomplished Sith, but he didn't restructure shit. And his death destroyed the Order.
Registered: Aug 2008
Location: Don't Worry About It
lol I like your comments.
I think it is either Revan or Bane. Revan took over the galaxy (almost) but Retarded Malak wouldn't have that.. He gave ideas and powers to Bane who implemented them to destroy the inefficient brotherhood of darkness. Then he created the Rule of Two in ROT.. Obviously. He defeated kai'sm and started the gathering of information and set up his vast network of spies and other ppl to get info for him. He knew where the treasure the BOD (brotherhood of darkness) hid and this information and knowlege helped sidious and vader rise to power.
Oh and I'm kinda suprised that Yoda didn't go to kill Bane..
Last edited by kotorfan on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 11:36 PM
Unless some moronic Revan fanboy changes LFL's mind, it's painfully obvious that Bane is intended to be the Sith'ari. Revan inspired Bane, but Bane implemented the Rule of Two and changed the Sith. Bane is directly responsible for the perpetuation of the Sith Order. Revan is an indirect source at best.