KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode #1 - Ambush

Episode #1 - Ambush
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Certainly not. I just expect canon to be continuous and for some logic to be present...like gravity.

I saw two problems on this issue:

1. Plo and clones leave an escape pod while the naval officer who stays inside isn't freeze dried.

2. Some clones appear to die being vac'ed intos space while other clones can fight in space for a period of time with no effect.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
Certainly not. I just expect canon to be continuous and for some logic to be present...like gravity.

I saw two problems on this issue:

1. Plo and clones leave an escape pod while the naval officer who stays inside isn't freeze dried.

2. Some clones appear to die being vac'ed intos space while other clones can fight in space for a period of time with no effect.

Well, I figure you could say that there's a mechanism that made that possible which we didn't see.

As for the second, I don't see the error, unless there was a scene in the movies that had Clone Troopers with the same gear die in space, that survived in the show, which I believe is not the case.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

to 1. Yeah, you could say that. You could also say that purple elephants flew in and blocked the vacuuum, eating and defecating Plo and the clones out into space. If the episode was well written such a mechanism would have been shown, instead of Plo and the clones magically appearing out in space while one officer sits in the pod.

I'd argue that, since we've seen escape pods in ANH, ROTS, and in Rising Malevolence and we've seen how people enter pods (via simple door mechanism) the leeway for such an apparatus is slim.

To 2. We saw clones die in space when their pod was crushed. Thus, i felt the other ones should have gone too.

This was later expanded on in Downfall of a Droid, where Alpha Rex and the other were shooting on AT-TEs form the planetary rings so, it seems like the series canon is sayin g more that suits are sealable (which is still against movie canon and all other EU to my knowledge), but I'm asking more for consistancy in the show.

I dunno, I feel all this is really being blown out of proportion.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

to 1. Yeah, you could say that. You could also say that purple elephants flew in and blocked the vacuuum, eating and defecating Plo and the clones out into space. If the episode was well written such a mechanism would have been shown, instead of Plo and the clones magically appearing out in space while one officer sits in the pod.

I'd argue that, since we've seen escape pods in ANH, ROTS, and in Rising Malevolence and we've seen how people enter pods (via simple door mechanism) the leeway for such an apparatus is slim.

Meh, might be a slight inconsistency. Though, I don't really see a reason why it couldn't be not seen. I agree with you actually though, I recall also thinking "Hmm, that's odd"...

To 2. We saw clones die in space when their pod was crushed. Thus, i felt the other ones should have gone too.

But, as you rightly pointed out, they had an open helmet. Though, we actually didn't see them die due to being in space that is just an assumption...I like to think they were perfectly fine and got picked up by a passing Jedi later in the battle.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Woah, sorry on the last point. My brain skipped over "movies." There is no canon example of a trooper dieing in space do to the pressure.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 07:22 PM
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

An enjoyable first episode tp the series, featuring Yoda who gets some great almost ESB-like moments in this.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 01:39 AM
Click here to Send LordPrydon a Private Message Find more posts by LordPrydon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote