KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 10: Lair of Grievous

Episode 10: Lair of Grievous
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Notice, he killed the jedi (Nahdar Vebb) with a clone DC-17 pistol.

Which begs the question...why was he tugging it around? least in ROTS he used a Separatist weapon.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 05:34 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But again: many repetitions from the movies: eye cams and lines...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 08:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

I'm thinking maybe they slipped on his model during the making of the episode. I'm sure someone on staff went 'Hey, wait... that's a clone pistol... shit, too late,' because Grievous used his own weapon in earlier episodes with his blaster.

Nice trick.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 10:28 AM
Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe he took one off a body. I doubt with all that time that goes into animation that they accidentally chose the wrong weapon.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 11:16 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Maybe they should have given him a Tommy blaster instead. wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 01:01 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Maybe he took one off a body. I doubt with all that time that goes into animation that they accidentally chose the wrong weapon.

They didn't. They probably just didn't want to pay to model an E-5, but you'd think with the battle droids in the episode, it would have already been modeled.

If there were clones in that scene, it might have made sense...but it makes no sense for him to carry a clone pistol around his home when he has a plethora of other weapons.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There were clone bodies lying around, he might have been lazy. Or he felt it was cruel to use a Republic weapon.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 04:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

Frankly, I was kind of hoping for the former Padawan Jedi (who's name keeps escaping me - Nahdar?) to not get killed, but to turn to the Dark Side. That's a plotline I'd like to see them explore, since in the movies you only see Anakin fall to the Dark Side (which is sort of a special case), and I think the books and comics handle it horribly (revolving Force door anyone? Yeah, no.). So I'd be curious as to how this series handles that sort of thing.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by queeq
There were clone bodies lying around, he might have been lazy. Or he felt it was cruel to use a Republic weapon.

After watching the episode thrice, I tried to check this. I dont think there were any clone bodies in that area of the lair.

Originally posted by Peach
Frankly, I was kind of hoping for the former Padawan Jedi (who's name keeps escaping me - Nahdar?) to not get killed, but to turn to the Dark Side. That's a plotline I'd like to see them explore, since in the movies you only see Anakin fall to the Dark Side (which is sort of a special case), and I think the books and comics handle it horribly (revolving Force door anyone? Yeah, no.). So I'd be curious as to how this series handles that sort of thing.

Meh, death is easier than turning. It would be nice to see a jedi corupted by the war to the darkside. It would also be nice to see Jedi who leave the order because of the war. I think these are concepts for season II though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 05:03 PM
Hazardous

I hope so, those stories are usually well written in the comics.

Originally posted by Peach

Two words: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quinlan. Vos. shifty

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 02:06 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'd like to see Quinlan Vos turned. Then 66 issued against him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 03:58 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's already happened, in the comics.

"Endgame", I think the issue was called?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's prolly why it won't show up in CW.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 07:44 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Was 66 specifically cited in endgame?

If it was, I'm surprised there are still all thes dumb*sses running around saying clones were "pre-programmed" to execute Jedi.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 02:31 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Loved the episode

Grievous getting ambushed, his legs getting cut off, and then moving around like a spider... beatifully done, and quite creepy I might add

... and so were the saber battles, the camera work, the setting... I loved they included the Kaleesh statues, I never thought I'd see that in the series.
The trap door came out of nowhere, totally surprised me. Nadhar using the force to crush the magna guards, reminded me of The Force Unleashed....

And I absolutely loved the doctor (whichever number it was). Here there was a droid that actually reprimended Grievous, and Grievous didn't talk back or threaten to kill him, but actually gave escuses for his behavior.... I kept expecting Grievous to say or do something for the way the droid talked to him, but he never did, It actually made me laugh the way the doctor talked.... and besides, it didn't had an annoying voice....

and Fisto was a bad ass too... though I didn't like that he took the death of Nadhar to lightly...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:05 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by Ordo

If it was, I'm surprised there are still all thes dumb*sses running around saying clones were "pre-programmed" to execute Jedi.

well order 66 was programmed into them, wasn't it?

how could they else have known what order 66 meant. For all they knew, it could have meant they had to get Palpatine some deathsticks or a jawa juice...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No. It wasn't. And the sheer ignorance of the majority of the fan base on this issue is personally sickening.

Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.

"Order" doesn't necessarily mean "I order you to...", an "order" is also a type of legislation, of which there were many. Clone Commanders would know them just like any military commander knows the rules of his military. Clones "take order without question." They're not some sort of sleeper assassin army. "Order 66" the event was simply the mass-applicaiton of this contingency order. It was issued much earlier as part of GAR protocol.

Order 66 was used successfully many times in the war for Jedi like Vos or Bulq who couldn't stomach concepts like loyalty or honor and posed a risk to the Republic. The Jedi were too flaky to be trusted. Dooku was a Jedi and he started this whole war. 66 also requires lethal force. If the Jedi find out that you're onto them, even a whole bunch of you aren't going to be able to take them. I've seen them in battle: they're gods. I've seen them decimate armies and I'm not going to unleash that sort of damage on my own side because of sloppy execution or regulation. If GAR command, if the chancellor himself has actionable intelligence, why would I question that? I have a job to do and if there is a human traitor that's the equivalent of a WMD in my midst...there is no time. Point. Shoot. Kill.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:40 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ordo

Yeah. It, specifically, was about what happens to a ton of jedi after Order 66 is activated, Vos included.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Oh. I was referring to 66 being used outside of the mass-66ing during ROTS.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 12:28 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh.

Meh, Vos has already escaped into the underworld by the time RotS is over... so too late I guess.

Though GL can always just ignore established EU and do it anyway, he's done it before.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 12:36 AM