KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Newly elected?

Newly elected?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Newly elected?

In TPM,Palpatine introduces Amidala to the Senate calling her the newly elected Queen of Naboo,but in the Visual Dictionary it says she was elected when she was 12.How can this be?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 01:44 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I dunno, maybe 2 years is "new" for them. Heck maybe its a Lucas flaw. Like the 1 shadow, 2 suns, hype on Tatooine. By the way, I want to take credit for noticing that, since no one else has. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 04:01 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

That you did already.laughing out loud About 6 months ago.I never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 08:16 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

In the Insider's Guide one of the Trivia Questions is "how old was Queen Amidala when she was elected Queen?" and the answer is 14.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

That's not what the Visual Dictionary said.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 06:15 AM
Darth Daft

Strange. Well I guess it's not the first time that two sources have said something different.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2000 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth stu

there are some rumors out there that say in E2 she is the senator for Naboo in the senate. well, naboo does need a senator after palpatine is elected. this leaves the role of queen up for grabs.

as for newly elected, it is possible that many of the people in the senate that heard palpatine say this in his introduction of amidala, are old, career polititians. 2 years as queen isn't really a long time. especially if the queen is "expected" to rule for the rest of her life.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2000 11:37 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Maybe she becomes a senator and then a king is elected, someone who is illigally set up by Palpatine to cause dissent and problems from within. Palpy could therfore control his home planet with all his evil intentions through someone he sets up as a pawn.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think this will be Queen Jamilla, not sure on the spelling. Maybe the role of King or Queen is a term of office rather than a life long role?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I agree with Darth Stu and UBH that 2 years is not a very long time. England's queen has been reigning for 48 years, but if she had been reigning for only 2 then she would certainly be considered "newly elected."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2000 04:09 AM
Xizor

Indeed. I like that idea about a new king/queen being in Naboo. I don't know about you guys but the idea of Palpy using somebody as a pawn to manipulate the public really intrests me. It might be because there's lots of room for cool adult dialouge that was lacking in Ep1.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote