KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 14: Defenders of Peace

Episode 14: Defenders of Peace
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 13: Defenders of Peace

This is the first time I liked the second part of a 2-fer less than the first. sad

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Took a while for the thread

Nice episode, I love Aayla's saber style. Didn't get why they let so many droids through the shield though, Ahsoka was just running past half of them to get inside.....would have been easier to just kill them while she was there.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 03:50 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

About "killing droids": You can't kill something that isn't alive, can you?

"We will not fight them at all. We would rather die than to kill others." That's what the leader of the Lurmen said. My point is: they could have fought the droids and destroyed them. Destroying a droid isn't killing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well that is the whole thing Lucas used...the Jedi "aren't" betraying their beliefs because they're hacking apart inanimate objects. Like in ROTS when all the Nemoidian crew can run around but the Jedi will hack apart droids.

Point is, the Lurmen gave in. Star Wars teaches you to sacrifice your ideals. They're kind of the anti-Nahdar...he saw the game had changed and succumbed to it and died....the Lurmen succumbed and lived.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Then, in the OT, we have stormies gunned down left and right, so really, killing things is OK as long as you think they're bad....

I think Lucas needs a logic upgrade....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually that reasoning was just due to the on-screen violence problem of cutting organic things up all the time. There was no moral implication to it, and hence no logical issue.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hybris
About "killing droids": You can't kill something that isn't alive, can you?

"We will not fight them at all. We would rather die than to kill others." That's what the leader of the Lurmen said. My point is: they could have fought the droids and destroyed them. Destroying a droid isn't killing.

While the wording is suspect; as you said, they'd be destroying machines adn not living creatures, I think the point was that they're a peaceful race and completely against all violence, ie They/Lucas used Ghandi when making this race.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, the Lemur Leader's point was that the Lurmen were an entirely peaceful race. That means they did not resort to violence for any reason, even against non-living things such as the droids.

The 'infiltrate the base and kill the droids to take the ship' part was done really well, I thought. No really huge complaints about this episode.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 12:32 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I liked it too

I hear episode 15 is the best so far this season....

..according to IGN

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 05:11 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

#15 is good, probably not the best.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2009 06:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I still want the Ordo Review for this one. Also, the thread title said it was the 13th episode, edited it for Ordo.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 10:28 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Although killing a droid is not really killing, they would be still taking part in a war that did kill billions. I believe that is what the leader meant.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Or even just the act of violence. Even if a droid is not alive, they would still be making violent efforts to stop it from functioning.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2009 10:46 AM
Hazardous

Episode 16 - WHAT THE ****? A nice episode, too-short-lightsaber-battle (better than nothing), then it sets up for a massive battle against 1000 battle droids.......then the episode finishes. Its not even a 2 parter so we wont get to see the battle.

Oh and #17 has Jar Jar again. I'm seriously pissed off now.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 07:48 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

16 just was a short introduction to the clone wars movie (the war over Christophisis) I guess.

What bothered me most was that the episode made it seem as if Ventress is skilled enough to engage both Skywalker and Kenobi and hold her own...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2009 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if you take EU into account... she really is until the near end of the war. In the novels her kill count at the end of war included 17 Jedi, four of them masters.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Well if you take EU into account... she really is until the near end of the war. In the novels her kill count at the end of war included 17 Jedi, four of them masters.

she was killed?

I've only read Obsession (GN) and she didn't die, though she made it look that way...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 03:15 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Hybris
16 just was a short introduction to the clone wars movie (the war over Christophisis) I guess.

Serious? Talk about continuity no expression

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 07:40 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by MIŠT
Serious? Talk about continuity no expression

Well there's a fews things that make it obvious:

- The introduction of the episode stating that the inhabitants of Christophsis called the Jedi for help.
- No Ahsoka.
- Short appearence of the little fat CIS general Whorm Loathsom.
- The only weapons they were able to save from being destroyed by the traitor were the heavy canons (essential in the first part of the movie)
- and many many many more

Old Post Feb 10th, 2009 09:50 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_D_J
she was killed?

I've only read Obsession (GN) and she didn't die, though she made it look that way...

Where did I say she was killed?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote