KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 12 - The Gungan General

Episode 12 - The Gungan General
Started by: MIŠT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episdoe 12: The Gungan General
Season 1 Record: 5-(7)
Summary: Utter cr@p. "Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud." was the fortune cookie. This episode was both a failure and a fraud. Its easily one of the worst episodes and the only episode I have only seen twice.

Pros:
Stone: When in doubt there are always clones. Stone was decently sweet for the pathetic part he played. His few witty comments, even if favorable to Jar Jar, were probably the highlight of this episode. The clones seemed to do most of the heavy lifting, even used TACTICS.

Pirate Treachery: It was kind of cute, especially since it would only be acceptable if BAD and traitorous pirates were killed in the end.

Dooku: Provided the last of the episodes bright spots with his deep voiced sarcasm and pirate killing.

Cons

Utter Failure: There are too many to list here, so I'll just to the highlights. many of these have been discussed. Its just not worth my time to go through tiny details when this episode failed on every major level.

Jar Jar: One of the most utterly annoying parts of this episode was Jar Jar, though not for the reason you might think. His voice was TOTALLY off. It seemed octaves deeper and he seemed to use proper words now and again. It was blatantly obvious Ahmed was not back as he was in Bombad Jedi. The voice acting was pathetic.

Happenstance: Anakin and Obi-Wan wake up passed out. If something is critical to the PLOT, don't put it in an online comic and expect the audience to figure it out, especially when YOU MADE A POINT of showing the Jedi dodging the trap last episode. Then, Senator Kharrus' seat restrain just MAGICALLY breaks off. Sorry, total BS. Try using plot instead next time. Als, Kenobi's saber....WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

Dooku: Why didn't he try to kill them? If he had tried and the guards had stopped him, that would be fine. There would be a REASON he didn't do it, something this episode lacked. Such actions were totally out of character (as was running away in this episodes equally disastrous prequel.) He never even used lighting. Lame. He also didn't get his saber back. How much to we want to bet it magically reappears?

Plot: Where was it. The ending was decent, at least Kenobi can play a Jedi now and again. The majority of the episode was the the Jedi running around aimlessly with an ever changing assortment of binders. There didn't even seem to be that much animosity between the three of them, just childish banter and an excess of sarcasm.

Torture: WTF. All this happy stuff, then RANDOM torture that isn't even really addressed? Also, if you're going to have a torture machine, don't have one that looks like a ethereal sculpture of a heart.

Title: Jar Jar made like two decisions, but that doesn't make him a general. Why is everyone who commands the clones magically a General? Jar Jar was really forced into this episode.

What I want to see next:
I never want to see this episode again. Though, it might be cool to have Hondo come back at some point and save the Jedi. This is probably likely, as Lucas Animation will jump on any chance to re-use a character model.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Jan 16th, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
Episdoe 12: The Gungan General
Season 1 Record: 5-(7)
Summary: Utter cr@p. "Fail with honor rather than succeed by fraud." was the fortune cookie. This episode was both a failure and a fraud. Its easily one of the worst episodes and the only episode I have only seen twice.

Pros:
Stone: When in doubt there are always clones. Stone was decently sweet for the pathetic part he played. His few witty comments, even if favorable to Jar Jar, were probably the highlight of this episode. The clones seemed to do most of the heavy lifting, even used TACTICS.

Pirate Treachery: It was kind of cute, especially since it would only be acceptable if BAD and traitorous pirates were killed in the end.

Dooku: Provided the last of the episodes bright spots with his deep voiced sarcasm and pirate killing.

Cons

Utter Failure: There are too many to list here, so I'll just to the highlights. many of these have been discussed. Its just not worth my time to go through tiny details when this episode failed on every major level.

Jar Jar: One of the most utterly annoying parts of this episode was Jar Jar, though not for the reason you might think. His voice was TOTALLY off. It seemed octaves deeper and he seemed to use proper words now and again. It was blatantly obvious Ahmed was not back as he was in Bombad Jedi. The voice acting was pathetic.

Happenstance: Anakin and Obi-Wan wake up passed out. If something is critical to the PLOT, don't put it in an online comic and expect the audience to figure it out, especially when YOU MADE A POINT of showing the Jedi dodging the trap last episode. Then, Senator Kharrus' seat restrain just MAGICALLY breaks off. Sorry, total BS. Try using plot instead next time. Als, Kenobi's saber....WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

Dooku: Why didn't he try to kill them? If he had tried and the guards had stopped him, that would be fine. There would be a REASON he didn't do it, something this episode lacked. Such actions were totally out of character (as was running away in this episodes equally disastrous prequel.) He never even used lighting. Lame. He also didn't get his saber back. How much to we want to bet it magically reappears?

Plot: Where was it. The ending was decent, at least Kenobi can play a Jedi now and again. The majority of the episode was the the Jedi running around aimlessly with an ever changing assortment of binders. There didn't even seem to be that much animosity between the three of them, just childish banter and an excess of sarcasm.

Torture: WTF. All this happy stuff, then RANDOM torture that isn't even really addressed? Also, if you're going to have a torture machine, don't have one that looks like a ethereal sculpture of a heart.

Title: Jar Jar made like two decisions, but that doesn't make him a general. Why is everyone who commands the clones magically a General? Jar Jar was really forced into this episode.

What I want to see next:
I never want to see this episode again. Though, it might be cool to have Hondo come back at some point and save the Jedi. This is probably likely, as Lucas Animation will jump on any chance to re-use a character model.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Finally I watched this episode... and I regret it.... pretty damn pointless

and Best not doing the voice was also really annoying....

after both these episodes, the show can only go uphill... right?

... Btw: didn't know they explain the jedi capture in the online comic... lame

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:18 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...still waiting for the streaming site to upload.

*laughs* I don't know why, but the utter failure of the episode amuses me...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 12:36 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by S_D_J

... Btw: didn't know they explain the jedi capture in the online comic... lame

exceptionally....on both parts of this story arc.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 03:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, this one was pretty damn bad.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2009 03:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Saw it, quite awful.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2009 09:49 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I honesty like it...

except for jar jar... i zone out when jar jar's around...
um... jar jar does not sound like jar jar.... O.o
he should've fallen in the crater.
Hell I hate him.

oh, and how did obi-wan's saber suddenly work? O.o

lol, "and, he knows where you live..." - i like that.

i think that eps' goal is just to show how "honorable" jedi are...

or something...

i still hate jar jar.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 06:24 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How can you like it?????????????????????

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 11:10 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by queeq
How can you like it?????????????????????

um... because I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl who wants some Obi-Wan action *blinks innocently*

i like this and the one before this... just because of the Obi-Ani banter and partnership i enjoy too much.

even if this and the last ep has too much holes. and too much jarjar with that horrible off-voice.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 03:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
um... because I'm an Obi-Wan fangirl who wants some Obi-Wan action *blinks innocently*

I can do a good OB1 *winks innocently*

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:09 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

All that includes for you is going to the bar for a drink. lol

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 01:44 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by queeq
I can do a good OB1 *winks innocently*

how good?

how are you with a lightsaber? good forms? actions?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 03:02 PM