KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 22- Hostage Crisis

Episode 22- Hostage Crisis
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
ALL of this is complete irrelevant idiocy. They are never referred to as Mandalorians. 'Mandalorian' remaions an EU concept. All you are doing there is interpreting the FETTS, not 'Mandalorians'. Quite how you could miss such a simple point is beyond me. You've just wasted everyone's time with that post. And you dare call us ignorant for this? Pathetic.

Now, if you make any more spectacular waste-of-time posts after I have specifically instructed you not to argue the point, you will be warned.

The only waste of time and space here is your continuous attempts to tear me down. Your myopic ignorance is stunning. Fetts, Mandalorians? SO KARKING WHAT THEY'RE CALLED? They're in the films. I never ARGUED that the "term" was used in the film. You're making up an argument that doesn't exist and then trying to ban me for it. Nice.

We see Y-wings in the film, we see A-wings and B-wings, but you don't karking OFF anyone who refers to the TERM "A-wings" and "B-wings" as arguing or discussing EU. Those terms are NOT in the films, yet we can clearly discuss how they fly or what their tactical purpose is per the films. You dont force others to call them "ships" or deny that they have no aspect in canon. What a retarded, ignorant double standard. (Though, if would start enforcing such anal rules, I would gladly acquiesce.)

How you cant see that point is beyond me, but I guess when you dont even properly interpret the points I'm making...its easy. I agree with your karking point. "Mandalorian" ISN'T IN THE FILM. I'm NOT arguing it. I'm saying aspects of Mandalorians are canon. The EU concept is derived from canon.

Whats embarrassing is that you are using your modship to ENFORCE your point of view on what we both clearly agree is the most irrelevant issue. I have wasted no ones time. Speak for yourself, not "everyone." I respect the rules here. I dropped EU discussion when queeq asked. I don't respect high-on-power hypocrites who expect their faulty opinons not to be debated.

I've made my points. I was done with this osik days ago (i dont even remember when it was). You keep continuing it. I have not broken any rules here. Queeq can say "Ordo, you're an idiot" and we can both move on. Why can't you do the same?

Originally posted by queeq
And even deriving character traits for an entire race based on one father and a sons is absolutely ridiculous.

Its a culture, not a race, which shows how unqualified you are to discuss the topic.

Romans made and wore Roman armor. It was part of their military and social culture. If you're in the 2nd century and see someone in Roman armor, it'd be a safe bet they're Roman. Armor is highly cultural.

Culture judgement are made ALL the time in Star Wars...look at the Nemoidians.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

First of all, the ship terms are used in the scripts and so forth, not to mention the marketing and various official discussions of them- whereas Mandalorian was only ever, EVER used in the EU as a descriptive term and has absolutely no bearing on then films whatsoever. NONE. That's a pretty feeble position you have adopted there. Everyone knows they are an EU creation. Meanwhile, in analysing the Fetts you are just analysing two people- not a culture, or a race, or any such thing. Just two people who share a style in armour, and that only beause son as following the father. Meaningless in connection to anything wider. The whole idea that the armour means anything, that there is any culture involved, that it is anything other than just armour Jango designed and/or bought, the idea that he is anything other than just a lone (though talented) bounty hunter... all EU. The whole Mandalorian thing is EU. You've lost perspective

The rest of your post is just again waste of time nonsense because I have correctly called you out on something again. And trying to pretend we were agreeing- when a look at your previous posting makes it pretty darn obvious that we were not, and you are just now trying to backtrack- So as said, I am now giving you your official warning. Keep it up and it is a ban. The same goes for if you make another one of your attacks on the moderators.

The only person embarrassing himself here is you. What you say about breaking rules and respect is neither here nor there- you have plainly broken the rules by arguing the point and attacking the mods. Next time- ban.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by queeq
Ordo was weaving the mist. wink

If you're nto going to act like a friend, dont make jokes about me like I am one.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, this is difficult. Who to side with?

What do you think Jac?

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Apr 4th, 2009 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 02:58 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I don't know man, they both have pretty good points... and some pretty bad ones. Ush, however does seem to have his finger over the "ban" button though, and I'd rather keep my record ban-free.

This isn't our fight.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never said it was, there is no rule against commentating now is there. Hmm... but you right. Sorry Ordo, your on your own.

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Apr 4th, 2009 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

laughing out loud true. I don't know though... I could have sworn I saw the word Mandilorian in my copy of the Episode 2 script.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did you see the episode Jac?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:14 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

no. I got bored with the series around episode 11.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:15 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its the only good episode.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:18 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

May have to watch it at some point.

TGFY (Thank God for Youtube. wink)

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:20 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better quality to get it off the official site.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 03:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, actually there IS a rule against off-topic posting as you guys just did. Cut that kind of thing out.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyway, how about that Bane?

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Apr 4th, 2009 at 05:42 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Baiting me like that is a way to get warned also. You really have to sort out your attitude.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:42 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm just glad we're talking again.

But, to get back on topic, one problam I had was the fact that Aurra's past Jedi hunting experience wasnt elaborated on.

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Apr 4th, 2009 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 05:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

What fight? Mod fight? Hardly. And the dragon remark was a joke, Ordo. And a reference to a favourite movie of mine, quoting one of my fav lines. Consider it an honour. Mandalorians are EU, that's the end of it. No need to fight over it. Ush and I agree on the matter.

As for Aurra Singh, yeah, I'd expect her wanting the lightsabre as a trophy or something.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 09:28 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Nac, you really need to know when to butt out. You're antagonizing again, as always. Jac, don't join in.

And same here, I was slightly annoyed that they didn't elaborate on Aurra Sing. And yet I'm glad she wasn't the focus of the episode; Cad Bane made a convincing villain! If it had been all about Aurra going 'Oh, I want the Jedi lightsaber!' then we wouldn't have been focusing on the threat of Bane. He was obviously in charge, no matter what skill Sing has.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 08:40 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
Nac, you really need to know when to butt out. You're antagonizing again, as always. Jac, don't join in.

And same here, I was slightly annoyed that they didn't elaborate on Aurra Sing. And yet I'm glad she wasn't the focus of the episode; Cad Bane made a convincing villain! If it had been all about Aurra going 'Oh, I want the Jedi lightsaber!' then we wouldn't have been focusing on the threat of Bane. He was obviously in charge, no matter what skill Sing has.

Oh Jesus, I never antagonize ... wink

But yes, I think the focus should have been more on Bane as well. One line might have been all she needed anyway.

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Apr 5th, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:23 PM
queeq
Chaos

Perhaps. Maybe next season we'll see her again.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 09:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote