KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars on DVD

The Clone Wars on DVD
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Not even that, but there is only 1 good episode on the disc...and you know that after the disc with episodes 5,6,7,and 8 on them...if you want any episodes 9+, you're gonna have to buy the season 1 compilation.

In this economy? Please.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordPrydon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its just like the Hannah Montana releases I swear. I know I have said this twice already but its true.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:41 PM
Click here to Send LordPrydon a Private Message Find more posts by LordPrydon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I don't even think those discs will be released in Belgium so I'm not really missing anything... I sure do hope that a full season box will be released... But then again, everybody is still waiting on that full saga DVD box...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehehe

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

It will be, just not until 4Q this year i believe (which is awkward that it wouldn't be released in the run-up to Season 2...but I guess I'm not Lucas' marketing dept.)

They're just releasing these two mini discs prior. Hell knowing Lucas they'll just be repackaged in the box set lol.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or we first get 4 discs of Season One... Then all of Season One with a trailer of Season Two... etc etc

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 07:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Probably, but at least there will be year inbetween. We haven't seen another version of the movie yet.

Unlike the movies, I will feel no need to buy new versions for additoinal content...only for new material.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I will probably wait until we just get a Season One box. No harm in waiting, especially with all the episodes available online right now.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 04:45 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah, I didn't pay for those either. I am anxious to see the animation in a crisp presentation though. The detail in the real images fomr online always amaze me.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 05:01 AM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
Probably, but at least there will be year inbetween. We haven't seen another version of the movie yet.

laughing out loud That's reassuring... laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 09:01 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Knowing Lucas? Totally.

...6 months later...

"WAIT! I WANTED IT THIS WAY!"

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 11:13 PM
queeq
Chaos

"Now I have the technology to realise my true vision."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 06:31 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Jabba the Hutt in ANH

Dear Mr. Lucas,

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 04:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Another letter unread.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 08:26 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'm actually kind of digging the box art and I'm impressed with the features. I always like concept art and 7 directors cuts for: Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, Lair of Grievous, Rookies, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth and Liberty on Ryloth. All of these are good episodes (save for the Malevolence episodes which desperately need improvement.)

I just glad we don't have a super-special extended cut of Dooku captured!

It just sucks I have to wait to November....and I just got a blu-ray player too.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Good for you.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:27 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OK. I got teh Season 1 when it came out, and I've slowly been watchign episodes. I've watched most of my favorites by now, or at least the halfway descent ones. A few things come to mind.

1. If you are buying this for the directors cuts? DONT. The Directors "cuts" are barely noticeable with only seconds of additional footage. Nothing stood out to me as new. Like I literally watched them and could not point out the parts I didn't remember. I hate that they're even advertised as "cuts." You think they would have at least had a special scene or something....

2. I'm generally enjoying watching some of these episodes again. Lime most of star wars, nostalgia overwhelms the campiness.

3. Blu-Ray is AWESOME....cant wait for season 2 on blu-ray

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 09:01 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

What are the menu's like, if you compare them to - let's say - The Clone Wars movie?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well I have the blu-ray, but the menus are absurdly disappoiting. Its just a bar that pops up on the bottom while random clips (too many from single episodes) repeat endlessly in the background.

I think its clunky, the navigation is awkward, each episode is paired with its featureette and there is no easy way to navigate between episodes if you're not going in order. It doesn't return to the menu it just keeps going.

Also there is no option to watch the "directors" cuts or not. There is so little extra content, only the director's cut is available for those seven episodes.

I don't remember the Clone Wars movie one though. I'm sure I was disappointed.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 02:14 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

The description you gave matches the clone wars movie dvd stick out tongue not what i was hoping for, but i'll buy it on dvd anyway smile

thanks for the info !

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:51 PM