KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 2

The Clone Wars: Season 2
Started by: CadoAngelus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

The Clone Wars: Season 2

Anyone who watched the first season knows that it finished with quite a cliff-hanger, Cade Bane having taken Zero the Hutt from Republic holding cells...though, why Zero...most annoying character after Jar Jar in my opinion.

anyways, a couple of episodes of the new season have already got plots, and it would seem that Lucas has done what he does best, and that's taking a good thing and repeated it. In this case, Cade Bane being in the first 3 consecutive episodes. Sure, he was good as a new bad guy at the end of the first season, and it'll be cool to see him get his comeuppance, but 3 episodes...

anyone else think this is a bit much for him?

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post May 5th, 2009 12:32 AM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I would hardly call the end of season one a cliff-hangar...

Everyone was back to square 1 and we had about 1 cm of character development to show for it. Lucas has always had a problem repeating things... he just doesn't actually build on anything. If we can get three episodes about Grievous trying to effectivly use a superweapon, we sure as well better to be get some on Cad Bane.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on May 5th, 2009 at 03:55 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2009 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I agree with Ordo. There wasn't much of cliffhanger... Cadbane is just another bounty hunter (like Jango / Durge before him. And at least they had some interesting backgrounds / weaponry).

Bane is just a lame alien version of Clint Eastwood, that will be defeated by the good guys...

Old Post May 5th, 2009 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

so you think that 3 more episodes based around him is too much also...

Old Post May 5th, 2009 10:38 PM
Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

3 episodes?

It seems like they're doing seasons of him...if they killed him off after 4 episodes I'd be disappointed.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Well I can't imagine Cad Bane taking part in huge battles, so I'm guessing the whole point of Clone Wars at an epic scale will be lost again...
The first season didn't even have any fight as we saw them in The Clone Wars movie on Christophisis...

Sure, there was Anakin's cruiser helping Aayla's - that was awesome - but that was the only scene that made me feel like there was a war going on out there. I know that wars aren't always fought on big battlefields, but so far it's been ridiculous...
Compare parts of RotS (like the battle over Coruscant or the assault on Utapau) to what we've seen in TCW so far and you'll realise what I'm talking about.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hybris
Well I can't imagine Cad Bane taking part in huge battles, so I'm guessing the whole point of Clone Wars at an epic scale will be lost again...
The first season didn't even have any fight as we saw them in The Clone Wars movie on Christophisis...

Sure, there was Anakin's cruiser helping Aayla's - that was awesome - but that was the only scene that made me feel like there was a war going on out there. I know that wars aren't always fought on big battlefields, but so far it's been ridiculous...
Compare parts of RotS (like the battle over Coruscant or the assault on Utapau) to what we've seen in TCW so far and you'll realise what I'm talking about.

I guess the arguement for that is that it's the last push before the end of the war and the CIS are trying to hit the Republic where it hurts...

However, i know exactly what you mean. The film was based entirely around a battle field...the first couple of episodes tie that up pretty quickly. But I think GL is trying too hard to explain the characters and their motives behind everything. If he made it seem like a galaxy wide war and managed to fit some backstory into it then fair enough, but he's opted for backstory over action.

I think, from observation, the Jedi TCW tends to follow are more skirmish operatives then soldiers in the heat of battle. I can imagine there are huge battles on other planets, but we're just not seeing them...

Old Post May 7th, 2009 11:09 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

its a bad argument...the CIS got better and bigger as the war progressed?

Geonosis wasn't small and was actually much bigger in EU conceptions than it was in the movie.

I agree with Hybris...only Jedi Crash REALLY portrayed Battle. Innocents and [/i]Liberty[/i] had elements too...but not overhwelming elements. The opening space battle in Jedi Crash was the first time the series made me go "Woah."

Big battles may be happening elsewhere, but WHY aren't we seeing them? It cant be because we're spending time on character development, because there is about ZERO of that in this series. We've just got a whole bunch of nothing. No battles, no characters. We just go through the motions every Friday at 9.

Old Post May 7th, 2009 04:29 PM
+10STR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cad's a cool character, but come on, Bane? Pfft, why don't they just name him Skywalker.....no originality...

Old Post May 12th, 2009 09:26 AM
Click here to Send +10STR a Private Message Find more posts by +10STR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Ditto on that.

Old Post May 12th, 2009 03:37 PM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

it's true, GL repeats names a hell of a lot...but you gotta give it to him, he's created a hell of a lot of names in the first place

Old Post May 12th, 2009 05:00 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I sincerely doubt he came up with Bane...in either character's case.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 03:32 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Lucas doesn't come up with the vast majority of the names in Star Wars. Planets and important characters in the films are just about it.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'd like to see much less of the movie characters.

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 02:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

i agree, it'll give it a fresh feeling, as opposed to just giving a different angle on something was already know about...

i hope the upcoming TV series will be like that

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 05:44 PM
queeq
Chaos

Doubt it.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 03:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I want the TV series to be Leia's backstory...sort of a Battlestar meets West Wing lol.

That would rock. I already know I'm not going to get it though.

Rumor has it Mandos will be in it though smile

Old Post May 24th, 2009 06:47 PM
queeq
Chaos

At least you might get your mandos then.

Old Post May 24th, 2009 09:05 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Fett is likely going to be around.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 26th, 2009 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is he a Mando? wink

Old Post May 27th, 2009 06:31 AM