KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 2

The Clone Wars: Season 2
Started by: CadoAngelus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Oh I was... I am... well, I thought he was great in the OT (except for that rather clumsy death). I didn't care much for the PT Boba though.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:37 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

PUT IN SOME STUFF LIKE KICK ASS SITH!!!!! Have Mandalorians join the CIS and Republic then have an uber battle with them in it. Mandalorians always make a fight great cuz they a warrior culture/species....... the true Mandalorian Crusaders are the Taung i think.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

did they do anything for this series for comic con?

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Incanus
PUT IN SOME STUFF LIKE KICK ASS SITH!!!!! Have Mandalorians join the CIS and Republic then have an uber battle with them in it. Mandalorians always make a fight great cuz they a warrior culture/species....... the true Mandalorian Crusaders are the Taung i think.

oh god. no.

leave as much shitty kotor ties out of the series as possible please.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 07:49 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
oh god. no.

leave as much shitty kotor ties out of the series as possible please.

Actually that's a TOTJ reference.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

KOTOR encompasses TOTJ. anything that deals with the republic before the PT can be considered the "old republic".

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 10:53 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

KOTOR is sh!t, but Mandalorians aren't. Regardless, Mandalorians now undoubtably are in this series.

No uber battles though, there are not enough Mandalorians around at this time for them to be an organizational threat, just individual ones. Filoni seems to have approached this perfectly...small group, battle with Kenobi.

If Filoni f*cks this up, I will stop watching this show. he does get a big bonus for trying though.

PS. Whats with Geonosis? Didn't we sack that planet in AOTC or is this some sort of wierd Hidden Enemy flashback.

Edit: OMG. He has a lightsaber...so much for my optimism. That better be a trophy.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Jul 26th, 2009 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

KOTOR encompasses TOTJ. anything that deals with the republic before the PT can be considered the "old republic".

No, I believe KotOR just means KotOR. You simply cant group together 25,000 years of EU under one label.

I would also like to throw in, I got goose bumps when I heard the little voice over in the end. Hopefully season two is way better than one. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Tsal Can
No, I believe KotOR just means KotOR. You simply cant group together 25,000 years of EU under one label.

why not?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 08:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Because it is a certain category in the time period; it's just how things work for the Expanded Universe. Knights of the Old Republic covers a small time period around 4000 BBY...

I take it that everyone has seen the trailer, now?

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/82617...09_Trailer.html

Apparently Filoni is trying to make things darker and less child-friendly. I hope that's true...

As for Geonosis, good question. It doesn't look like a flashback. Could be that it is a similar planet/moon that the Geonosians have hold of. It is implied that the Geonosians went into the catacombs to hide and retreat after the opening battle of the Clone Wars, might be something to do with that.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 26th, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:09 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Captain REX
Because it is a certain category in the time period; it's just how things work for the Expanded Universe. Knights of the Old Republic covers a small time period around 4000 BBY...

that doesnt really make any sense imo but okay.

quote:
http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/82617...09_Trailer.html

Apparently Filoni is trying to make things darker and less child-friendly. I hope that's true...

now thats what im talking about. thats exactly what i was saying in the VGOTF what the shows missing. if the whole season looked like that itd be awesome.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 11:10 PM
Tsal Can

It would be similar to stating that everything that came after ROTJ is simply the New Jedi Order era.

That man embracing Padme, could that be....Luke and Leia's true father!!??!?!?!

:P

Last edited by Tsal Can on Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 12:10 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I would hope Filoni is trying to make it darker. It was WAY too happy for a war drama lol. However, I dont think a series animated like Clone Wars could ever be the serious show I wish this was, but I'll take what I can get. It makes sense that the series progresses in that direction though.

I dont really know what to think of this series. I'm not fooled by action montages set to classic star wars themes anymore. I just hope its an improvement. We'll find out in October.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Originally posted by Ordo
KOTOR is sh!t, but Mandalorians aren't. Regardless, Mandalorians now undoubtably are in this series.

No uber battles though, there are not enough Mandalorians around at this time for them to be an organizational threat, just individual ones. Filoni seems to have approached this perfectly...small group, battle with Kenobi.

If Filoni f*cks this up, I will stop watching this show. he does get a big bonus for trying though.

PS. Whats with Geonosis? Didn't we sack that planet in AOTC or is this some sort of wierd Hidden Enemy flashback.

Edit: OMG. He has a lightsaber...so much for my optimism. That better be a trophy.
By Mandalorians in uber battles i mean as mercenaries. Main armies will be clones and droids of course........ Just a few Mandalorians.....

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I take it that you're not well-informed as far as the Expanded Universe goes (I mean no offense by this). Tales of the Jedi is set one-thousand years before Knights of the Old Republic. Yes, it is all the Old Republic, but KOTOR is referring to the events of the comic book series and the video games. Just like the Clone Wars show is referring to the events of the Clone Wars instead of the entire Prequel Trilogy. It's more of an advertising campaign thing.

Also, makes sense to have things get increasingly darker, really. Anakin edging towards the Dark Side, the end of the Republic coming closer...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 06:33 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

Originally posted by Captain REX
I take it that you're not well-informed as far as the Expanded Universe goes (I mean no offense by this). Tales of the Jedi is set one-thousand years before Knights of the Old Republic. Yes, it is all the Old Republic, but KOTOR is referring to the events of the comic book series and the video games. Just like the Clone Wars show is referring to the events of the Clone Wars instead of the entire Prequel Trilogy. It's more of an advertising campaign thing.

Also, makes sense to have things get increasingly darker, really. Anakin edging towards the Dark Side, the end of the Republic coming closer...

Well technically Tales of the Jedi covers The Sith War as well as The Golden Age of the Sith. So yes it does cover events 1,000 years before KotOR as well as events as close as 40 years before(Exar Kun).

Last edited by Tsal Can on Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 12:05 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Incanus
By Mandalorians in uber battles i mean as mercenaries. Main armies will be clones and droids of course........ Just a few Mandalorians.....

Well we got 4 lol.

I doubt they will participate much though. The other 3 were (very very unfortunately) all skinned the same and I doubt if a Mandalorian challenged someone to a duel, they'd duel and not pull in a bunch of vod to help fight.

They definitely seem like mercenaries if they are working for the seps, but that really isn't directly stated. The only things we know are the guy going after the Dutchess and challenging Kenobi (presumably over the dutchess).

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 02:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

When is the show supposed to start again?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 02:15 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

October 2nd, 9pm EDT

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 04:08 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by Ordo
Edit: OMG. He has a lightsaber...so much for my optimism. That better be a trophy. [/B]

Perhaps you didn't notice, but it was Obi Wan's hanging on his belt.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote