KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » EU is your frriieenndd

EU is your frriieenndd
Started by: Jedi Mercenary

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Actually, Luke on Vector Prime does look 25-30 years older. Han on Heros Trial looks very much like Harrison ford of today and Liea on Balance Point has a ton of grey hair.

I actually thought all of those images where based on pictures of the actors now, placed back into a SW environment.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

but we must take the novels seriously, they're not Kenner toys, and they are The Universe, the movies are only a small part of it

Old Post Feb 26th, 2001 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
noggins

In my opinion, once ep3 is out the EU can have free reign - there'll be no upcoming movies to conflict with them. There's a few things that have been messed around - ie Owen being Obi-Wan's brother and Boba Fett's (many different) origin(s).
I don't know how I'd be able to cope without my comics every week. Despite being in TPM, Ki-Adi-Mundi really wouldn't have been fleshed out if it wasn't for the comics and the novels are getting better and better. Well, that's my pro-EU rant for today smile

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 12:08 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, I agree Noggins. I think I made a smilar statement in an earlier topic.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Quote.....
_______

....um, what about "Rogue Planet?"

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:10 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, a slight error there, though the appearance of Rogue Planet WAS a surprise to many.

The list of off-linits zones for writers is actually very smal- it was stuff like the nature of the Sith, and Luke's mother. I am not aware of any further off-limits zones for the new trilogy, though I would not be surprised if there were any.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

um, Lukes mother is Amidala.....

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, that was one of the OLD off-limits zones. Before TPM came out, and you can see why. Though as I have said before, he would have caused a whole lot less trouble if he had included Boba Fett's past on the list...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 05:58 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

he's too old

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 08:08 AM
Xizor

Expanded Universe is my friend JM.smile

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 09:08 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Xiz!! Finally someone true to EU!!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 09:31 AM
Ratcat

quote:
....um, what about "Rogue Planet?"

OK, I stand corrected. I was basing that satement on a quote from a interview of one of the writers, I think it was Michael Stackpole that said it, and they made the statement about that period.

Obviously Greg Bear was allowed so maybe that has changed or maybe he had strict guidelines to work to.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:33 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

I imagine he had some very strict guidelines simply because we didn't really learn anything useful from Episode II in the book. It was kinda boring, the only cool part was the introduction of the "far outsiders" which are the Vong from the NJO series.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 10:14 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That would make sense, after all in NJO they have revealed that the Vong scouted the galaxy 50 years before NJO. This would, surprise, surprise, put there scouting mision as being 7 years after Episode-I and 3 years before Episode-II.

Did they make a big deal of the Vong, I haven't read the book.

OK, this is getting deeper and deeper into EU and FAR, far away from Episode-II/III.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 01:52 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

THANKS A LOT!!! Now they've moved my topic to this board!! UBH,RAZ, anybody, move this back to it's original board please!!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 09:39 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

C'mon, seriously, just because those other guys got too deep into the books.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 08:14 AM
theEvilJedi

Don't expect them to move it, Merc. sad

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 11:17 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Oh, I'm gonna make my voice heard..somehow evil face

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 09:13 AM
Ratcat

GUys, this topic was CLOSED. I had to beg Dim to re-open it and move it in here so just live with it.

THIS is the Literature & EXPANDED UNIVERSE forum, why do we need to discuss EU elsewhere? Keep all you EU threads in here, no matter what they are and this place will soon grow to be as successful as the other proper Star wars forums.

Either that or post in the PT and OT forums and watch your posts get closed almost immediately.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2001 01:57 PM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

sure, RC, since you are the new mod.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2001 05:01 AM