KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star by Star

Star by Star
Started by: JediOasis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOasis
Better Man

Star by Star

This is the new title of the next hardback. Del Rey has said this...."Three big events, maybe more. That includes the character deaths. After reading this book, people will wander around with alternating looks of glee and horror, depending on which plot points they think about" Well, it appears another character is going to die. And what are the big events? I think they will be 1) The birth of Luke and Mara's baby 2) The fall of Coruscant and 3)The character death

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2001 04:39 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I'm gonna cry when Coruscant falls

Old Post Feb 24th, 2001 12:31 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsavong Lah

When the Vong get to Coruscant it will be like in Pinnochio when the boys trashed treasure island.

Who do you think will die?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 05:37 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

The baby.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 06:07 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

Mara

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Noooooooo! Not Mara. I love her, I think she is one of the best characters to have ever come out of the EU. sad

Old Post Feb 25th, 2001 07:15 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I can really see Leia dying. Her character really serves no purpose anymore. She just runs around trying to find a place for refugees. Her children are old enough now to take care of themselves. I would say Han but I think he'll make it all the way through the NJO. Luke can't die yet, that won't come until HC 5 when he saves the universe one more time. I would love to see Borsk die but I don't think it will happen. One character I could really see dying is Taloon Karrde. He plays a pivotal role in the next paperback in saving the Jedi children. Maybe he dies saving them or something.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:29 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Actually, I did like Leia's stand against Borsk Fey'lya at the end of Dark Tide 1 and she did have a few nice scenes throughout that book but she has kinda become a little stagnant though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

It can't be another one of the main characters, it might be Borsk, after he won and became chief-o-state, Leia will probably go back to being president when he dies.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 10:24 AM
theEvilJedi

Like I said...Baby Ben.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 11:03 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

since the baby was just born I doubt he'll die

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 11:07 AM
theEvilJedi

No, he will die immediately after birth if he does.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 11:14 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

I am pretty sure that the baby will live, killing babies is not Star Wars material. I think the child could eventually lead to the downfall of the Vong. The disease is still present in Mara's system, how cool would it be to see a baby that is half human, half Vong.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 11:59 AM
Ratcat

How about Wedge? Kinda a mainstreamer without being a main character.

Or Gavin Darklight?

An interesting one would be to kill of either Jaina or Jacen, becuasse whilst not identical twins they do share the twins bond and it could be fantatsic to see how the other deals with the loss.

Jaina would have to be the more likely, killed during a Rogue Squadran skirmish.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2001 01:17 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

Jaina won't die because there is to be an entire book written about her, but maybe Jacen.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 02:59 AM
Ratcat

OK, but possibly the climax of the box, major death scene. huh???

What book BTW?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 03:04 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

I don't think any of the jedi kids are gonna get it. Maybe one of the older jedi, Kyp Durron??

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 07:16 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

I've always thought that Kyp would die in the last book in the final battle. I could see him and Luke fighting side by side against Shimmara and Lah somewhere on Coruscant and Kyp will sacrifice himself at the last moment so that Luke could live to raise his child.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 28th, 2001 01:31 PM
Ratcat

Well, there's been some definate build up of conflict between Luke and Kyp. I can actually see that coming to a head with Kyp splitting his Jedi faction off completely.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 03:53 AM
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

maybe Kam?? Well, if someones gonna die, it's gotta be a good guy, or maybe not..

Old Post Mar 1st, 2001 08:03 AM