KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2)

Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2)
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2)

Not too sure if you lot class this game as EU but I'm stuck and need help. I'm on level 21 fighting Jerec but can't seem to kill him. I'm a jedi lord, but is that enough? Do I need to go back and find more secrets for more stars? Haven't played it in ages and realised last night after looking at the cut-scenes that I must be somewhere near the end. Advise please.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 04:16 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

You're in the right place mechmoggy, Welcome to our little corner of the web.

Been a long time since I played DF2. Any takers out there on this one?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2001 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth V

I'm not sure if this is going to help, because it's also a long time ago I played this game. The 2nd time I played, I too had problems killing Jerec. My problem was, that I needed to pull some levers or buttons. They were behind some huge moving statues. When they moved, you should go behind them and there you should pull the lever. I can't remember if there were 2 or 4 of these.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2001 10:27 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Are you Light Side or Dark Side?

Light side is very easy. With the regnerating power-ups inside the Tower, you have infinite health and force absorbtion, so all you need os patience.

If you are Dark Side, it is damn difficult. Jerec is immune to jsut about everything you can throw at him, and your health will wear down. But you get a MUCH better end sequence!

Once you wound Jerec enough, he runs to the central tower to heal. While he is doing this, the staues move around outside- flick the switches to stop them.If the statues ever move all the way, Jerec has unlocvked the secretlf the Valley and won.

The trick is to kill him when he is wounded, BEFORE he makes it to the tower to heal. This can only be done with patience; try to get him stuck against some scenery or something.

Every blow you deal to him while he is fleeing will properly wound him. Repeat the process a few times, and he should die.

But pateince is to the fore here.

As an ultimate battle, ist was fair enough in the power stakes, but gameplay wise this duel is very dull...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Cool, thanks Ush. I was hitting him and hearing him have a bit of a moan and I thought that was all the damage I could do. I'll try trapping him somewhere when he's running back to the top of that thing. While we're here has anyone got any cheats for Podracer? Got it on the Dreamcast and the pro-league is fast.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2001 04:40 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, only played the PC version, and that was very easy. Except for The Abyss (bonus race); that was nasty.

Nloody fast game, though, isn't it?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Oh yes. If I play without a break I feel as if blindness is upon me. Had bloodshot eyes and everything!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 07:20 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And it's a good job you get infinite lives. The first game where you would actually have to BE a Jedi to do it properly...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 02:15 AM