KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 23 - Holocron Heist.

Episode 23 - Holocron Heist.
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 23 - Holocron Heist.

Holocron Heist
Episode 23
Season 2 Episode 1

Reaction: NEUTRAL +

This wasn't really the way I expected to start the season. I expected that the episode would relate more directly to where we left off. Yes, Bane is involved. But no direct relation to the plot of last Episode. I guess it lays some good groundwork, but I cant really judge one episode in itself. It didn't wow me. It didn't suck. I guess that means its a neutral positive.

THE GOOD
Felucia: Its nice to start on a planet that has significance later in the saga. They did actually secede ground, but I don't really think they made a big deal of the loss. The problem is, with Mygeeto and Salecumai in this season too, do we run the risk of making all the ROTS montage planets seem critical?

HAV-6 JUGGERNAUTS

Anakin: "Where is Ahsoka"
Kenobi: "Following your teachings"
Anakin: "Is she winning?"
Kenobi: "...for now."
I loved this sequence. I think its really critical in the development of Anakin's dark side and Ahsoka's entrapment in it. Anakin's strategy works, despite its danger.

Cinematography: Form the gunships swooping in through the rest of the Felucia sequence, there were lots of fresh and nontraditional camera angles

Jocasta Nu: It was really cool seeing her her fight, let alone in that dress and heels. However, it was a bit unrealistic to me that Cato could have that good of saber skills...

THE BAD
I think being slow to return from patrol is a pretty lame excuse to punish Ahsoka. Granted, I think Mace and Yoda had good character continuity in this scene.

Greetings Master....: This is the Jedi temple...how come every Jedi we see has a name we know? Where are the background characters?

TODO-360: Was just an all around good character. Loved Seth Green's voice. Actually one of the few times I've felt bad for a character in this series. Went out with a bang.

Jocasta Nu reflex fail. Old Ben could still take on Vader. She can't even sense a non-Jedi sitting in front of her.

Why did Cato give up information so quickly? She spilled EVERYTHING, even things she wasn't asked. LAME. You'd think Bane wouldn't work with someone so weak-willed.

How the hell did Bane know what holocron to pick? Its not like they were labeled.

THE UGLY
Anakin: "THAT WAS CLOSE!" No sh*t sherlock. You're in war, don't blame gravity for crashing fighters into you.

Seating Arrangement: Why the hell is Kenobi seated NEXT to yoda in the council chambers. Its well known that that is a the permanent council seat of Ki-Adi Mundi. Kenobi is not a permanent council member.

"Excuse the interruption...As I was saying." You cant interrupt and then pretend you were talking before....

Yoda can sense a future intruder but can't see the farce of a War he is fighting in? The bomb in the tunnel in front of him?

WHATS NEXT?
I didn't have much time to think between this episode and the 1 minute it took to start Cargo of Doom.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Re: Episode 23 - Holocron Heist.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
How the hell did Bane know what holocron to pick? Its not like they were labeled.

i thought the same thing, but are they not all keys rather than actual data storage devices? being the only thing that can read jedi secrets would make them valuable enough to be held under guard on their own, no?

agree with the rest of the review, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 09:35 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. I dont know much of the EU. I always thought they were like ultra-compressed data storage devices.

Anyway..if they are only encrypting tools, why do you need so many? There are only so many Jedi council members...and they are the only ones allowed in there. Its not like they'd all need to check one out at the same time lol.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ordo
Yeah. I dont know much of the EU. I always thought they were like ultra-compressed data storage devices.

Anyway..if they are only encrypting tools, why do you need so many? There are only so many Jedi council members...and they are the only ones allowed in there. Its not like they'd all need to check one out at the same time lol.

my eu knowledge isnt super either, i was just guessing lol.

they probably built so many because it was war time, and needed to be able to replace any if they were lost or damaged, i dunno...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 07:32 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Holocrons are indeed ultra-compressed data storage devices. They are meant to be only accessible to Force-users and usually contain information on things pertinent to the Jedi Order- training methods, historical data, etc. Force-sensitive potentials being on a holocron makes sense, I guess.

That's EU (mostly, now) but it gives it some perspective.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 10:09 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

well it wasn't on a holocron, it was on a crystal that could only be read by holocron...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 12:51 PM
Tsal Can

that's how i saw it. Just something to read the crystal.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

...well then that's just weird.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 04:28 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

In regards to Cato having any sort of lightsaber talent... I'm guessing maybe she had some prior experience with melee weapons, but really that duel would have gone on longer and most of it was Cato running, it felt like. I may have to watch it again.

And for Sids excusing his interruption and then acting like he was previous talking, maybe they had some other dialogue in there and it was cut?

Yoda sensing the coming intruders was also kind of off. He's not going to sense the farce of the Clone Wars because of Palpatine's dark influence clouding the perception of the Jedi... but you would think that Palpatine would have exerted such influence in order to help Bane's mission.

Nu might've sensed that Cato wasn't the Jedi she appeared to be, but yeah, that was a major reflex fail. She's old, not impotent.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2009 09:56 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by REXXXX
She's old, not impotent.

As a medical student I'd like to point out that those two are HIGHLY correlated smile

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 02:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Well yes, but much less so amongst Jedi, it would appear. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 09:04 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

indeed see count dooku and yoda for details. big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 09:30 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Neither have clearly gotten any in a long, long time.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 02:40 PM