KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 25 - Children of the Force

Episode 25 - Children of the Force
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 25 - Children of the Force

Children of the Force
Episode 25
Season 2 Episode 3

Reaction: NEUTRAL

Meh, this was kind of a disappointing end to the trilogy. Technically, it was a good episode, with the best Bane imagery we've had and a decent plot. Unfortunately, the coolest point of the episdoe was Sidious talking about his force-sensitive army, which fails. The episode ends in ANOTHER neutral draw, with the good guys averting disaster but failing to make any gains.

It wasn't a bad episode, I just see no reason to be highly excited about it.

THE GOOD
Ashoka being gut-checked Happy Dance

Bane imagery: This really takes the cake and was one of the highlights of the episode. Seeing him in clone armor, without his hat (makes him really reminiscent of the Cantina Scene Duros which is a nice continuity in itself), him sneering under the Jedi cloak was undoubtedly one of the best and most intimidating character portrayals of the series. I was actually a bit frightened. That execution was flawless. Another good scene was his interrogation, when he pulls back and forth into the shadows. Comparing this scene to the Gunray interrogation in Cloak of Darkness shows how far this series has come. Banes voice acting was very convincing too.

No one ever told me the Sith had a passion for interior design.

“Do you really believe that?” Its nice to see even plushy pink Gungans can be interrupted by reality. I wouldn’t have expected that first season.

I love how Sidious’ holocron moved through the Baby’s Sith crib.

The “trap scene was cool” LAZERS.

Ashoka using the force to determine where the children are...with the camera spin and good sound effects. NICE.

THE BAD
Last time I checked...clone helmets cant be punched off...

Admiral Fail...no wonder he becomes an Imperial. THE EMPIRE’S FINEST!

Its OK..but since when does Anakin inform the council and fold his hands behind hsi back when he gets mad?

OK, whats with the “force sense which 4 children in the galaxy are going to get kidnapped”? They can do this but cant tell they’re all going to die in a year? Its just weak and a poor plot device, even though they did not all precisely agree and worked in Anakin’s panic reflex. Anyway...we just wen BACK to 2 planets we have already visited...and I still don’t know why Rodia, of all places, has domes

Obi-Wan? Breaking and entering? And why does Bane wait around just to prove he is got the kid? Seems an unnecessary risk on his part...

...to bad Ashoka hasn’t been shot yet. You’d think Bane would have better aim.

Sidious was a bit...animated...don’t you think?

Another non-loss for the Seperatists....FAIL. Everything is back to square 1.

THE UGLY
Since the last episode ended with Anakin and Ashoka getting off the ship...why does this episode start off with the same thing...a different way? We have dual continuities between episodes?!..let alone ones in the same story arc!?!

GET KENOBI OUT OF KI-ADI’S CHAIR ALREADY!

MustaFAR: Despite the advances in the series, I don’t think Mustafar was portrayed convincingly. Besides...WHO THE KARK BUILDS A SECRET BASE ON THE SAME REMOTE MOON, TWICE.

How did Bane get his cuffs off...AND HOW DID HE GET HIS HAT BACK?

WHATS NEXT?
Uhhh, did I switch to the SOAP channel?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I didn't like that they went to Mustafar. At all.

And again, I will just say in regards to the Jedi not sensing their impending doom, the Dark Side clouds those events as they are Palpatine's master plan. This is a bounty hunter stealing babies rather than Palpatine's direct actions.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 05:41 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

actually...thats interesting....Palpatine is actively controlling what the Jedi can see and not see?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

His control of the Dark Side is rather great. I wouldn't go so far as to say he deliberately exposed his plans for making Muppet Babies - The Sith Edition... it helps that the Jedi had part of things figured out already with Bane stealing the holocron and the encoded crystal.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 07:44 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

hmmm...regardless he fails a lot. I think it would have been very cool to start seeing Sith proliferation. "I forsee an army of force sensitive spies in my service"...but he cant see that it doesn't include the 2 kids infront of his hologram face?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 01:22 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I feel like they don't handle predicting things very well in the cartoon. I guess you could put it up to 'the future is always changing' as the reason Sids doesn't figure out that he's not going to succeed there.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Well I interpreted it as a reference to the Emperor's Hand... (don't know if this is EU so I just posted it)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah. I knew he had something like that...but this would have just been a unique opportunity to develop it.

I think a better ending, assuming the Emperor (isn't he xenophobic anyway? why would he go for non-humans?) HAS to fail, would have been that the process or whatever he was going to failed and Anakin and Ahsoka find the dead children.

If thats too much, then maybe Sidious gets away with one kid.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 05:07 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Yeah, they really need to show that the Republic isn't always victorious...

I liked the scene between Skywalker and Palpatine in the latter's office and even the scene before it. I liked how Palpatine didn't want to include Tano in the conversation. The way he talked and looked at Skywalker was very reminding of the way he talks to him in ROTS.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah it was nice. My only complaint about the scene is Palpatine needs a new outfit. He always wears that one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 05:00 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
(isn't he xenophobic anyway? why would he go for non-humans?)

Well, on the flip side, if he's just experimenting and seeing if it'd even successfully work without killing the kid, it kinda makes sense, knowing that fact.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CloneCaptin Fox
Exiled Master Jedi

I agree with Ordo get that old man a new outfit and a gun or light saber he carries nothing just sits at that same desk and talk to people on the hologram.

There is no emotion,there is peace
There is no ignorance,there is knowledge
There is no passion,there is serenity
There is no death,there is the force

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 07:55 PM
Click here to Send CloneCaptin Fox a Private Message Find more posts by CloneCaptin Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Don't know about arming him, but a new outfit would be welcome. They make 'em for Padme, they should make 'em for him.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 10:31 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Nah, even padme re-wears the same stuff. Look at her in Hostage Crisis or Senate Spy. She had trilogy outfits on in both.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 05:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Ah, fair enough. How sad, they were always so sure to have her wearing a different outfit every scene in the films...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 06:15 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

lol. I bet the citizens of naboo were really pissed when they saw her Neiman Marcus tab wink

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 08:25 PM
tonyrichman

I love how Sidious’ holocron moved through the Baby’s Sith crib.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:02 PM
Click here to Send tonyrichman a Private Message Find more posts by tonyrichman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote