KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 26 - Senate Spy

Episode 26 - Senate Spy
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

And when he does adhere to it, it is only when it really suits his needs.

Ordo, I want a review, dammit.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 09:52 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hybris
Anyway back on topic:

Is it just me or does anyone else also think that it was really cruel of Skywalker to leave that senator behind? After doing so, he just talks to Padmé without even feeling bad about it.

What happened to "IT'S NOT THE JEDI WAY" ?

the man was aiding the seperatists, so the argument could be made that he was commiting treason. anakin probably did him a favour...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 10:33 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
And when he does adhere to it, it is only when it really suits his needs.

Ordo, I want a review, dammit.

Its not gonna happen until next week. I still have to do Children (now) and I have a ***** of an exam on Monday.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Consider this:

In AOTC, Padme falls out of the ship and Anakin nearly abandons his duty to go after her. To straighten him out, all it takes from Obi-Wan is a scolding. He puts his focus back on the mission, even though Padme might be getting killed at that exact moment.

Move forward to ROTS, and obviously things have changed. No longer does duty in any way take precedence over her.

So, what happened in between?

We saw it in this episode. We see one of the key precipitating factors in Anakin becoming Darth Vader: Padme telling him to.

Her reaction to him in this episode when he has to break away from her for a little bit was quite telling. She is angry and emotionally punishes him... throwing his duty back in his face.

The ***** basically demands that he ultimately acts the way he does. It's not like his ROTS personna is out of character. Killing the younglings? Not the first time he massacred men, women, and children.... and she knew all about it, all along.

In this episode she makes it quite clear that his devotion to her should come before his devotion to duty.

Fickle little whore.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:19 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Senate Spy
Episode 26
Season 2 Episode 4

Reaction: NEUTRAL +

On the whole a good episode. Its nice to see a stand alone in here after a 3 parter and followed by a 4 parter...just wasn't amazing enough to get a real positive reaction.

THE GOOD
“Ehhhh...it blew up.” Priceless.

“I’ve een signalling him all night.” I bet you have Kenobi...insert Anakin-Kenobi slash....here.

Kenobi’s face in the hologram scene.

I like that Padme has some dirty laundry and we get to go through it. I especially like that it puts Anakin in a rough spot.

I LOVE that Anakin is dumped in the Naboo trooper uniform. It’s a really clever way to get him in the episode, fits nicely with the Naboo use of decoys (re TPM and AOTC) and he actually looks pretty good in it.

Lot Dod. Not to be confused with Lok Durd, It was nice to see Dod back from TPM. Dod was especially good, a wonderful mix of the appeasing politician and a conniving Neimoidian...the bad guy who can put you at ease. No wonder he became a senator. He strikes me as the only Nemoidian I’ve seen who is smart and actually has stuff together. Dialogue and voice acting was excellent on his character as was the animation. Actually one of the characters I’ve been most impressed with in the entire show.

New Characters: Captain Typho, Poggle, and Lot Dod (see above). I love it when they incorporate these types of movie-background characters back into the series. I’ve always like Typho. And who does not want to hear Poggle speak again?

Those fembots have HIPS!

I love that the password is “Padme” She had a great face when saying it too.

THE BAD
Padme cooks...how stereotypcially feminine.

Is not a click a unit of distance...not time? Fail.

Padme having her power moment with the big hairdo...just did not work for me.

‘If you get tired...you can rest your head on my shoulder”...PLEASE. Not only is he horrbile with pickup lines, but he is practically tying to make out with an ex girlfriend after they met for one night?
Glittering poisons are always the most deadly.

“What a wonderful meal. My compliments to the droid” Well haha thats funny, but it strikes me in the future when droids can do everything, that an opulent society like that of the Nemoidians would value organic chefs. Maybe Chinese food is so simple though even a droid can make it? smile

THE UGLY
Senator Clovis? Scipio? Banking Clan? Especially since the Muun have been presented as the leaders of the banking clan...including the whole assault on Munnilist in Gendy’s Clone wars...including San Hill being at the meeting on Geonosis and kenobi overhearing him saying that the IGBC is part of the Seperatist Alliance...and Hill being aroudn until the end of the war...why the hell is it up for debate that the banking clan MIGHT be with the Separatists? His voice is wonderful though...good ass too.

Racism... Nemoidians are never a good sign. Fake chines accents aside, when you start channeling Chinese culture directly (with the cohort of advisors in very Chinese inspired hats and dress..not that the thin wavy pupils, flat noses and down-turned mouths did not give it away...) it borders on offensive. I mean, its nice from a political commentary perspective, and having a strong and relatable cultural background gives a lot of depth to the species, but sometimes it just goes too far.

WHATS NEXT?
I’d like to see Anakin leaving Clovis behind come back to bite him in the ass, especially because it really was Clovis that got them out of there.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'll disagree on the comment about the Neimoidians valuing organic chefs, simply based on the fact that the Trade Federation uses droids for everything in the films. The Neimoidians strike me as being heavily dependent on droids.

Definitely think they missed something when putting this episode together about the Banking Clan, though. That was never a mystery, honestly.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:30 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

hmm...you have a point on the droids.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 06:01 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

another continuity breach with the Genndy series: The Banking Clan had already been defeated on Muunilist before Skywalker became a knight...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, if there were multiple planets that were a part of it...

They said that the banking clan was financing both sides of the war. Maybe it "reformed" into a neutral entity. Still though, they should have mentioned it in the episode to make it clear what the continuity was.

I dont know whats going on.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 07:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, the Banking Clan itself was not defeated in the Genndy series. Just Muunilist, where it was based. No doubt it survived that encounter with Kenobi.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 08:29 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

But why would there still be a sentatorial representative of an organization that has financed the Seps?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 06:39 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Well even the trade federation (member of the CIS) still had a senatorial representative according to the episode stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I'm sure they still had Senators. Otherwise those peeps would be out of a job.

Mayhaps Scipio, though part of the Banking Clan, had not declared its allegiance to the Separatists?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 04:05 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thats like a branch of Wal-Mart claiming it supports American jobs.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 07:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, maybe. Just a conjecture.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 12:27 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I forgot to mention in my review. I was out of town and staying with a buddy, so I got him to DVR this episode on his TV so I could watch it when I got there. He was kind enough to do so, but the DVR screwed up and the dialogue volume was about half of what it should have been.

Thus, I got to watch this episode the first time as almost a silent film. I could kind of catch what was being said, but the background music overplayed everything. So it was kind of cool to hear all the background music up close without having to squint through dialogue. I was generally impressed with the range of music that made it into the episode.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 03:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, the soundtracks have been pretty good this season. I hope they release some of it to the public.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2009 05:05 PM