KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 27 - Landing at Point Rain

Episode 27 - Landing at Point Rain
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Mundi, least form the movies, always struck me as a ****.

"Your feelings dwell on your mother."

...kind of annoying, and his head is a giant brain-fez.

Loved his face when Bacara waxed him on Mygeeto.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Eh, he's a background Jedi in the films, he wasn't going have the greatest lines ever. He's cool in the comics, though those aren't entirely relevant.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:26 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The Clone Wars Comics?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Republic comics, going all the way back to issue 1.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 08:35 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Ah, never read those.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 06:44 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I just downloaded 'em over the summer for some amusement. They're definitely dated already, haha.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 08:54 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Anyhtign decent? Onyl comics I've ever red were the Clone Wars ones. (non animated)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 04:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Eh, it's been awhile, I'd have to poke at them again to see what plotlines were decent. They all kinda lead into each other.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 12:28 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The best Republic ones for me was the Obsession Arc with Ventress and Obi-Wan/Anakin.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 01:49 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I concur, that one was pretty awesome. I tried writing my own adaptation, one of my unfinished things.

Anyway, where's our review, Ordo?! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 02:17 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I've been reviewing nucleotide metabolism.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 03:20 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Landing at Point Rain
Episode 27
Season 2 Episode 5

Reaction: NEUTRAL +

I’d love to give it a positive. The action was great, scenes and art direction wonderful...probably best we’ve seen ever. I just felt the episode was short on plot and fuzzy on details. I am hoping the remainder of the series builds upon the good action and gives us a deeper story.

THE GOOD
Pretty shots of the skys above geonosis. Y wings, gunships, Geonosian fighters, cruisers, even the geonosians flying around...all done superbly well.

“That sounds...entertaining” smile

Love the shots from the LAAT laser pods. Love ths shots from the back of the AT-TE too.

Waxer and Boyle...too bad they weren’t addressed more. Loved em running though the battle though.

“Next time...just tell me to jump.”

FIRE! Finally we get to see Geonosi’s Republic Commando creepy side. These shots were great. Especially with the wing sounds and clones being plucked out of the sky. It was nice to see some low-light battles, especially in the dramatic, cathedralic environment of Geonisis. The need for flamethrowers was lame, but it was really cool. This is one of the few times the series actually made me cringe. Hearing the Geonosians scream and writhe as they are burned alive is new territory for this show. The shots weren’t short or cropped either. Their carcasses kept burning.

“My total...65...So what do I win?” Really classy way to point out what a dick Skywalker is being.

THE BAD
Why is this called Point Rain? Geonosis strikes me as a planet that wouldn’t have a “Point Rain”

If Anakin is the best pilot int eh Jedi order, the chosen one, and an amazingly skilled Jedi...how can his squadron only manage 10 or so more kills than Ahsoka’s squad...and he gets less kills than her during the battle. Maybe Ahsoka is the chosen one? Also...ALL those droids and only 200 kills between the Jedi. Someone needs to work on their numbers.

Kenobi yelling a lot...and getting injured, unable to do anything useful....just being lamer than his humor. He doesn’t even ignight his saber until 17:45...even then he does not actually try to save all the clones dying around him.

A single shot can take down a Larty, but lartys and AT-TEs make a great perimeter defense?

Is Skywalker so dumb he really did not remember it was a fotress?

Clones cheer like girls.

The CHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGE scene at the end was a bit lame.

That droid factory has a lot of dirt-made satellide dishes lol...Thats off for the Geonosians.

THE UGLY
They start with a plethora of drama about massive numbers of planets rising up against he republic...the Republic is stretched thin...and they invade karking Geonosis? PLEASE. Show us the Republic getting its ass kicked. “The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we anticipated” The Republic did not notice a new Seperatist droid factory being built on its planet? Seriously? This is not even the main factory.

Physics...an explosion on top of a wall, shouldn’t bring down the whole thing.

WHATS NEXT?
I really am uneasy about this being a 4 part series. What are they going to do with it all?

This clearly should have been a 1 hour show and not a 30 min one. I’ve said it before, but a whole MONTH of stories? Please.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 01:29 AM
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Dude that episode kicked ass.

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 11:07 PM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote