KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars- where next?

Clone Wars- where next?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Unlikely, I think. stick out tongue

Curious indeed, though.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 12:03 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

BUT I CAN DREEEEAM!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 04:59 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Or maybe the rumoured Mando's will turn out to be renegade clones (with Rex among their ranks).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I'm just going on a wild bantha chase with that last comment, but if you look back at the first season, anything is possible...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Lets hope more "Dooku Captured" Episodes arent. Who the hell approved that?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The only good thing that came of those episodes was Dooku strangling someone like a bad ass. That was pretty much it.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 08:17 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The only good thing that cake out of that were the Weequayan pirates.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 03:24 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
how something so innocent as the force could be used for such corrupt purposes later in the saga...

Good point. That connection was nice. Especially with Bane sneering in the background.

Originally posted by Ordo
I do. Traviss is clearly the best author currently doing Star Wars. She takes the cake and its her books that got me reading EU. I never touched that sh*t before lol. I'll never defend her personal actions and I agree with criticism against her. Regardless, she's created the best star wars novels ever, a brilliant BRILLIANT conception of the Clone Wars, took Mandalorians a very long distance to new heights, and wrote some of my favorite books of all time. She is a loss to Star Wars.

But I completely agree with her actions here. I dont like nitpicking, but when I buy books, comics, other EU things, I expect that there is some basic set of continuity. I don't expect major facts that have been written for decades to be suddenly over-written. If the foundation of her novels, all the work she has done over the past years is not just ignored but directly overwritten, I wouldn't continue to write for Lucas either...espeically when Lucas has approved these facts over and OVER and OVER.

Most of the Hoopla comes from the Art of the Clone Wars book. At the end they have a preview section for season 2. Nevermind that we already see Mandalorians waving aroung lightsabers, which is skeptical at best. In this book there is concept art for Mandalore. Mandalore was established as a jungle planet, its capital city Keldabe in 1983 in a series of Dark Horse comics dealing with Boba. It has since then, in every instance, been referred to as such. Its what, with the Republic Commando game, inspired Traviss to really flesh out the 3rd most discussed faction in the SW universe (after the Jedi and Sith). Its a main loacation in a lot of Traviss' books.

But what Keldabe has been portrayed as for the past 25 years is not how its being portrayed in Clone Wars.

(please log in to view the image)

This is the "Capital City" of Mandalore...which isn't Keldabe but Sundari, which is already another planet in the Universe. Mandalore isn't jungle, but now a giant desert. The karking cube city though is the kicker. Badass Mandalorians now live in a big glass box? Thats dead wrong for a culture of warrior NOMADS. Its explicitly stated in the image description that its the only inhabited city on the planet.

If they're starting here....I dont want to know the rest. Its already disastrous.

All I can say is I'm pissed to hell. Some of the best recent work in Star Wars has been flatly dismissed by a juvinile cartoon show. Why has Lucas spent 25 years apporving the certain portrayal of a culture only to just ignore it all? When somone like me invests my money, my fandom, and frankly a sliver of my soul in a certain part of this Franchise, I expect some relative degree of permenance and respect for the things I love. I was skeptical when Lucas/Filoni played fast and loose with these facts, but directly over-writing the past 25 years? They can suck my gett'se.

Now the question is do I watch the show and dismiss it as the highest grade of EU crap? Or do I just quit now and ignore the future...

I have un update on this. I essentially just ignored this problem for a while, acepting that what happens will happens. Well it turns out that about 2 weeks after this news broke, Traviss left, and my vode and I had a pretty strong uprising...Filoni addressed the issue and revealed whats going on with these cube-dwelling Mandos.

I can go into more detail if people are interested. But here are my general feelings.

1. I do not LIKE what they are doing.

2. The parts of Mandalorians that I like are preserved, albeit in an kind of awkward way. Regardless, I can maintain the Mandos I love and dismiss Filoni crap without disregarding major parts of canon.

3. Karen Traviss overreacted to this news (SRUPRISE!) and i dont think her work needs as many retcons (if any) as she previously claimed.

4. I think losing Traviss is still a tragic loss for the saga, but she also cited contractual problems and very low pay (common citation among SW authors) compared to what she was now getting for Gears of War and Halo.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 05:17 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Another side note:

The Seperatist stompers from the Gendy series have made an appearance in the Web Comic...en masse.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:42 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I thought they were called Seismic tanks.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 08:56 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

STOMPERS!

*crosses arms and pouts*

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 02:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Seismic tanks. stick out tongue I still don't feel that Traviss leaving Star Wars is a huge loss, but seeing how you feel about Mandalorians, it makes sense for you to grieve. I think she's just annoying...

I believe in the next ep we are going to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Barriss get infected by one of the Geonosian brainworms, if the trailer is any indicator with Ahsoka running away from her.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 09:14 AM
Samurai100

This would be perfect timing for durge to come along as he hates mandos

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 10:33 AM
Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by REXXXX
Seismic tanks. stick out tongue I still don't feel that Traviss leaving Star Wars is a huge loss, but seeing how you feel about Mandalorians, it makes sense for you to grieve. I think she's just annoying...

I think SHES annoying, she just happens to create the best stuff to come out of star wars since...well maybe forever.

Originally posted by REXXXX
I believe in the next ep we are going to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Barriss get infected by one of the Geonosian brainworms, if the trailer is any indicator with Ahsoka running away from her.

Really? I thought it was gonna be Rex.

All I can say is I'm not very excited...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 03:27 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

In the continuing bastardization of Star Wars Canon, it looks like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Master Eeth Koth will be returning to the show. I'm really glad that they're bringing in another new [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jedi Master, especially a Zabrak, but their flagrant disregard for canon makes me that much more nervous for the coming appearance of the Mandalorians.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 06:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eeth Koth has always been a problem in canon, I think. Even in Gendy's cartoon.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 12:12 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yes, but they I think at least identified him as the proper person...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 07:46 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Nope, in Gendy's cartoon the character looked like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eeth Koth, but was named [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Agen Kolar...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0859543/

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 09:45 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thats what I meant. They Identified him as the proper character, he just looked like the other.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 04:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Weird. Where is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eeth Koth referenced as 'to be appearing'?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 07:28 PM