KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Did Obi wan forget about leia?

Did Obi wan forget about leia?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Did Obi wan forget about leia?

Obi wan knew about the twins in EP 3 so why did he say to yoda that boy is our last hope ?

Did he forget about leia ? confused

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 09:17 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Well...this was A LONG TIME AGO right? Well, a long time ago, women were thought of as sammich makers and house cleaners. Maybe OB1 was a sexist and thought Leia's place was in the kitchen, and not on the field killing Sith?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 07:47 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

no credit to a women

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 01:08 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Maybe she wasn't good at making sammiches...and so she wasn't allowed in the kitchen...so they gave her a blaster and out to fight the Empire...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 03:11 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Maybe Luke was more force-sensitive than Leia.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
Well...this was A LONG TIME AGO right? Well, a long time ago, women were thought of as sammich makers and house cleaners. Maybe OB1 was a sexist and thought Leia's place was in the kitchen, and not on the field killing Sith?

No, there were female jedi in Ep. III and in Ep. II i believe, he probably believed that Leia was too old to be taught in the ways of the Jedi and so he believed that Luke at the time was possibly the last hope they had left since he was pretty well taught in the ways of the force...just a guess though

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 02:15 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by steverules_2
No, there were female jedi in Ep. III and in Ep. II i believe, he probably believed that Leia was too old to be taught in the ways of the Jedi and so he believed that Luke at the time was possibly the last hope they had left since he was pretty well taught in the ways of the force...just a guess though

Luke was also too old. Yoda said it himself.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

Yes well, desperate times require desperate measures.

Luke couldn't get the traditional training Obi Wan got, what with the Jedi Order outlawed under penalty of death. Luke had an aptitude he never developed until Obi Wan gave him a crash course, then began to advise him from the spirit world (I wonder if he taught Luke's subconscious mind while asleep? That would be interesting.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 05:14 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar

Yeah but he still started before Leia did, both are the same age apart from the odd minute between them, my guess is that he still thought there was a chance with Leia after seeing the skill that Luke had shown even though he was too old and plus Leia would be their last chance if Luke had died, Obi Wan may have not realised this but it's just a shot in the dark

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 19th, 2009 06:12 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Maybe it was just OB1 that was sexist.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 02:17 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

...maybe he just darned forgot because the guy was old. Or maybe he was only thinking of Luke when he said that, because Leia didn't seem like the Jedi type to him. *shrug*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Maybe because Leia was monitored due to being a Senator.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Maybe it's because Lucas f*cked up with the PT

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 20th, 2009 05:19 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Maybe it's because Lucas f*cked up with the PT

there's always that....

let's give the big guy the benefit of the doubt?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The man who gave us Jar Jar Binks

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 04:36 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

The man who gave us Jar Jar Binks

stop pwning me darnit!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 01:00 AM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
stop pwning me darnit!

There was a scorpion once who wanted to cross a river, he saw a fox and said 'will you carry me across this river?' The fox said 'If I did that, you'll sting me.' The scorpion replied, 'well if I did that we'd both die.' So the fox thought about and decided to carry the scorpion across the river, half way across the scorpion stung the fox, as the poison started to kill the fox he questioned the scorpion 'why did you do that? now we'll both die.' And the scorpion said 'I can't help it, it's in my nature.'

There's your answer, if you don't understand then I guess that'll be another pwning from me to you wink

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 04:32 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

There was a scorpion once who wanted to cross a river, he saw a fox and said 'will you carry me across this river?' The fox said 'If I did that, you'll sting me.' The scorpion replied, 'well if I did that we'd both die.' So the fox thought about and decided to carry the scorpion across the river, half way across the scorpion stung the fox, as the poison started to kill the fox he questioned the scorpion 'why did you do that? now we'll both die.' And the scorpion said 'I can't help it, it's in my nature.'

There's your answer, if you don't understand then I guess that'll be another pwning from me to you wink

I get the point. stick out tongue but...

so now you're comparing yourself to a poisonous scorpion? confused awesome analogy. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:18 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I dont get it. Why didn't the scorpion tell him in it was his nature in the first place

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 07:00 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

That is very similar to an old story that Native Americans have, only it is about a rattlesnake and is during a boy's "becoming of a man" when they have to go out into the wild on their own for a certain amount of time. The snake talked him into picking it up and the boy asked the snake why he bit him...the snake replied, "you knew what I was when you picked me up"

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 12:04 AM