KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 33 - Lightsaber Lost

Episode 33 - Lightsaber Lost
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 33 - Lightsaber Lost

I hate this. after waiting 3 weeks for 2 episodes...we have to wait ANOTHER 3 for the next one?

This is aggravatingg.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

suicide is an acceptable alternative.

i kid of course.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 01:07 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeesh, really? What's with these delayed dates? Are they offering any explanation at all?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No, but that puts us a good 4 episodes behind our pace last year...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Awesome... also not too enthused about the premise here, either.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:16 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

so.....

what's this episode about?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:18 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

A posessed Raggedy Ann doll.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:47 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

And people wearing Chewbacca masks.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

We're doomed.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:44 PM
Abu-Bactr

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:59 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Looks emo.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 04:54 PM
Abu-Bactr

it was a fun ep, not the best but better then Gungan General or the two Naboo eps.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I forgot this came out already.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 01:38 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I liked the episode... somewhat a change of pace (from everything that's going across the galaxy) but pretty entertaining

I loved the chase sequence, nice acrobatics

I must say the show's mucis has improved tremendously... more in line with the movie soundtrack... less rock and roll

I like it

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 04:05 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
I must say the show's mucis has improved tremendously... more in line with the movie soundtrack... less rock and roll

I like it

Indeed.

I had to watch Senate Spy at a friends house. his DVR screwed up and actually recorded the dalogue at half volume for some reason, so when I turned it up the music was LOUD, much more apparent than the dialogue, so the first time I watched it it was almost like a silent film with an ochestr. The music tremendously exceedes season 1.

Ontop of that, I think they are just using it better. Its more aparent in the proper locations instead of just background noise.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 04:27 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Lightsaber Lost
Episode 33
Season Two Episode 11

Review: Negative

Again, I missed this episode before it went offline, but such is life.

The Good:
It was nice to see an Ahsoka episode where she goes off on her own. Its also a real (perhaps second) girl-power episode where pracicatlly al the main action was solely female. I think Ashoka had a good deal of character development, taking an Anakin-like approach to interrogation...and of course in the ever-present Jedi-fail...Master Sinube does not stop her.

Its also nice to see Coruscant, but contrary to the dive into the underworld we were promised, I don’t think Coruscant delivered.

I really liked the scene where Ahsoka slid down Palpatine’s speech. Its stuff like this that adds depth the episode and I wish we saw more. Howe she stopped herself from sliding though...I don’t know.

It was nice to see a hostage...too bad Ahsoka had no real consequences other than her own personal fear to deal with though.

The Bad:
I thought the plot of this episode was a bit contrived. Its nice to see Ahsoka trying to grow up, but it became a really big production. There were too many “Cassie can randomly leap over x” and “random pipe exists here and bends outward over traffic.”

I also did not like that Cassie can be confused about a lightsaber and then suddenly use it, never mind that I don’t really like non-force-sensitives using the blades.

The speeder scene where they all break around Ahsoka...its nice to see references to the movies, but I’ve long held I wish they did something to evolve what was established in the movies instead of just repeating it with different characters.

The Ugly:
Ironically the worst part for me of this episode was the art direction, which is generally pretty solid, if not fantastic. I HATED the new alien species. First, there was just bad design. I hated the beak like protrusion on Master Sinube’s face...it was animated extremely awkwardly and didn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the body. Nevermind he looked like a woman.

In addition, Ione Marcy looks pink and fopish, kind of an awkward love child of Dr. Vindi and the pink gungan from season 1. She just always looked like she was crying...especialyl with the triangular pupils. Then there was Cassie Cyrar, who belong more in a Chucky meets Raggedy Ann horror movie. The mask was lame, as was the faded pastel clothing and red dreadlock topknot. Even worse was that these characters were similar, with overempahsized eyes, lines in the same locations on their cheeks and foreheads, be it skin patterns or mask. It just reeks of bad design. I even don’t like their names. Ione and Cassie are much more suited to a gothic novel than Star Wars. In a story so rich with speicies, I’d rather see existing, undefined ones developed then brand new ones. We had one or two new species introduced and season one and I felt like with the exception of Ahsoka, this episode was entirely new species. It just doesnt fit with the precedent this show has established.

Even worse, while I expect them to re-use alien models...like reskinning for Bannamu or reusing the crazy quarren from Iego. But especially at the end, with the 4 bubble head children (2 of each species that had WAY to much similarity to not be easily confused) it just compounded its problems. Where was the diversity we saw in attack of the clones? Of course, these two models and Master Sinube were used in Greivous Intrigue

Lastly, I hated the train design. We’ve seen a lot of Corsucant dn it seemed like it totally did not belong, especially with that paint job.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 04:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I wouldn't have given it a negative review, though one does have to wonder how Anakin never noticed that his apprentice was missing.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:49 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I forgot to mention that, but Anakin stole away from Obi-Wan all the time in the movies. You'd think all Jedi would have a tracking beacon or something.

Yeah, I was disappointed with this one and disappointed that I have 3 negative episodes in a row (The Deserter, Lightsaber Lost, and The Mandalore Plot). I'm hoping its just the armpit of the season. I thought the story was ok but the art design was really disappointing...and thats something thats generally solid in this series. Aside from Ahsoka, I suddenly felt like I was watching an entirely different show.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 01:10 AM
queeq
Chaos

Very mediocre epsiode. How can a non-forse user outrun and outjump a Jedi??? Hardly believable.

And after all the geonosion epsiodes I'm beginning to wonder if they run out of ideas for locations. I keep seeing all the same scenes (including the movies of course)... Episodes like this make me wonder what this series adds to the SW saga... it's all more of the same.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 09:21 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I agree some with the latter. We've had SOOO many Coruscant episodes this year, but they have shown new parts of coruscant (but keep using the same models). I'd like to see places from the PT or EU, like Felucia was a nice choice, but I think we should avoid very well fleshed out places like Coruscant.

The alternative though, new places EVERY new episode...isn't great either.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 03:56 PM