KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 34 - The Mandalore Plot

Episode 34 - The Mandalore Plot
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's not a helpful post. If you want to attack him for a decision he has made, from Jar-Jar to Han shooting first, then do so in a relevant thread, but that was sheer mis-interpretaiton fuelled by bad will on Ordo's part and it is not welcome.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I thought the Episode was pretty good. Some moments in ot were just breath taking. When that one Mandalorian commited suicide it was shocking. Never expected it in a kids show and it is so reminiscent of the terrorist in the ME. Also the scene where Pre Vizsla shot that one mandalorian... just bad ass.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 06:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
But just because they didn't mention it dosn't mean they don't exist. Here is how I see it went. The Mandalorians became pacifist and exiled their warriors. However later on these exiles had another schisms becoming the True Mandalorians and the Death Watch. This is the Mandalorian Civil War. The fact is the episode does not contradict the existence of the True Mandalorians allowing them to still exist within the SW universe.

I dont disagree, however, since they are not mentioned, you can imply either that they do or do not exist.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Grievous' bodyguards' weapons only blocked sabres because of the electro energy stuff there- that is energy blokcing energy.

What GL didn't like was a physical object blocking a sabre. Your 'senile old idiot' comment just makes you look an idiot yourself, once more.

Please see:
Originally posted by Ordo
Originally what Pre Vizsla was carrying was something in the EU called a vibroblade; it's kind of an electric sword.

I dont even need to comment.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A vibrosword is not sheathed in electro energy. It is electrically powered so that it vibrates at a ridiculous level. So, different concepts. Vibroswords blocking lightsabers in the EU usually do so because of that cortosis weave concept that permeates Knights of the Old Republic.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 07:51 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Lost my post. Yes that is dumb then. Not the impression I got form electric sword...which electrifying metal is an easy concept for them to have acheived anyway.

Apparently the weapons commando droids use are vibroswords though.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

By the way the magnaguards staffs were made from a phrik alloy which is a lightsaber resistant metal

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 09:37 AM
Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, vibroswords don't actually produce energy themselves, they are just electrically powered.

That phrik thing is pure speculation (sourced from earlier EU that there is no chance that GL had in mind in ROTS; I understand it is meant to be Death Star proof) that does not match how those things work. If you watch the staffs in action, they tend to block on the visibly energy-producing part.

I am actually rather pleased that GL shot that down- always such an irritating thing from KOTOR. Cortosis is one of the EU's poorer facets, but even the EU made out that is was too brittle to work as a weapon. KOTOR tried to chnage that into a 'weave', but that just led to ludicrous scenes of swords blocking sabres- and to what end? Having non-sabre melee weapons in KOTOR brought no benefit to it.

Seen the episode now. Not bad, though I feel they could have made more effort to capture Obi-Wan, seeing how easily he seems to take them on after that. The idea of shooting a sabre out of a Jedi's hand should be reserved for someone super-good, not just some Mandalorian grunt. If Jango couldn't do it...

But a fair set-up episode- in fact, the introduction of a neutral set of systems that actually threatens the Separatists is a good idea. I feel they should have explained that more- presumably the idea is that an alliance of neutral systems gives those who want out of the Republic an alternative from joining the Separatists, which basically means it costs the Separatists more than it costs the Republic, who would have lost those worlds anyway.

And for once, Dooku's plot to increase tension by getitng the Republic to move in peacekeeping forces is actually a clever one- more of this sort of thing please.

We'll see where this one heads. I have to say... the black lightsabre wasn't actually that bad. I think they did that as well as it could be done.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 31st, 2010 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The part that bucked me about the shooting it out of his hand wasnt the skill (these are supercommandos, they're going to have decent aim and thats just typical CW exaggeration), but that Obi-Wan wasn't injured. If the shot was damaging enough to make him let go of "his life," he didn't have any residual effects? Apparently only bad landings can take him down.

As to the Neutral systems. Its an interesting idea, that I like, but it confuses me a bit as to its members. I'll need to watch it again to get the full shot, but I definately saw the system represented by Giddeon Danu in ROTS, who I know was one of the main players in forming the Rebellion, at least per the deleted scenes. I'm confused to if they are "neutral," why Kalevala ("Mandalore") still have representation in the Senate. Also makes me wonder if Alderaan will be in there (which seems possible, given the above). I'm really pulling for Alderaan in this series.

And unfortunately I feel Dooku's plot will fail, as always.

Last edited by Ordo on Jan 31st, 2010 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:56 PM
S_D_J
Bane

I liked the episode. Not the best, but the action was great.

The Obi-Wan vs Pre Vizsla fight was done pretty well.

I was also bother by Obi-Wan getting his saber shot out of his hand, and not having any shown injury afterward. the black saber just came and went... and for once Dooku has somewhat of an intelligent plan (that doesn't involved Grievous, Ventress or Jabba's son)

looking forward to the next episode

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 06:16 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I know they are supercmmanods, but they are still the same people that Obi-Wan easily beat up later in the episode. You still need a contrast of quality.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 06:31 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

He beat up Visla, who was dumb to fight without his helmet.

I think the point is even one Mandalorian is dangerous, even if Kenobi can manage to be capable against a few.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 08:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He beat up loads of them. AFter he is rescued he knocks out plenty without effort.

Like I say, if Jango couldn't do that to Obi-Wan or Mace, an unnamed trooper certainly should not be able to. It doesn't matter what type of troops they are. For the rest of the episode, the Mandalorians were shown as easily inferior to Obi-Wan; the point where the sabre was shot out of his hand was an aberration.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 07:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Now that I've watched it... geez, Kenobi beat them ALL up.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 09:42 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

He beat up loads of them. AFter he is rescued he knocks out plenty without effort.

Like I say, if Jango couldn't do that to Obi-Wan or Mace, an unnamed trooper certainly should not be able to. It doesn't matter what type of troops they are. For the rest of the episode, the Mandalorians were shown as easily inferior to Obi-Wan; the point where the sabre was shot out of his hand was an aberration.

And, as you said...his capture. After a while abberations add up.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err... strange thing for you to say,. His capture was the same thing. That one scene was the aberration; it does not match any of the rest of it.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:33 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Oh, the scene is an apperation now. Weren't there only 2 scenes where Kenobi fought the Mandos?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 02:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Kenobi not instantly destroying the leader who went at him with a lightsabre was annoying to me. Sabre-dueling, it's just what Jedi do.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 1st, 2010 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Robtard
Kenobi not instantly destroying the leader who went at him with a lightsabre was annoying to me. Sabre-dueling, it's just what Jedi do.

I got the impression he was toying with him. Afterall he punched and kicked the Mandalorian rather than struck him down with his saber...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 02:36 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

I am actually rather pleased that GL shot that down- always such an irritating thing from KOTOR. Cortosis is one of the EU's poorer facets, but even the EU made out that is was too brittle to work as a weapon. KOTOR tried to chnage that into a 'weave', but that just led to ludicrous scenes of swords blocking sabres- and to what end? Having non-sabre melee weapons in KOTOR brought no benefit to it.

Blame Star Wars Obi-wan.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

At first I wanted to ask what Kenobi did to deserve that comment, then I realized you meant the video game. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:52 PM